Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2009, 11:29 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,372,237 times

Advertisements

Barb: I just got home from my sister's and wanted to wish you a WONDERFUL HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT DAY!!

Old 06-22-2009, 07:58 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,432 times
Hey hey campers!!
C21! Love the idea of eternal spring, my favorite time of the yr! Hmmmm, whats the employment like there?? By the by do you have an afiliates here in my area that are GOOD??
Lacey, Know you are counting down, sure do hope this works for you!
Dogmom, SO sorry I missed your big day -HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY-
Crazyma, What did I miss here???? You have hits on your house? When did you put it up for sale???

Yep another weekend gone and still nothing here, I am loosing count but I think that is 15 weeks now. I have resigned myself to the thought that no one will ever buy this place....so sad. Spoke to my RE attorney on Friday and he says that they are busy again but everything is less than 160k. He is one of the top dogs in the area too. I went on to the m ls and saw afew new listings with land and I just dont understand any of it anymore. These new listings are all way MORE than mine with less land again. My agent said thats good, it makes mine even more attractive, yea right. Cant figure out where these listing agents are getting their prices from...one of the great wonders of the world! Well back to washing the kitchen floor, my boy dumped the trash can and ick, it made a mess...........dang dog.....

Old 06-22-2009, 08:10 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Morning all and yes Painter I'm counting as I am so very discouraged.

C21 as a loan officer there were a couple of shady, sleazy RE offices.

Off to the doc w/Mr. L as the damn meds the doc gave him last week made him very ill. Ticks me off as he was FINE and felt better than ever and now we're back to square one. I'm furious as this not only ruins life for him but wreaks havoc on mine. Why can't they leave everything alone.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:04 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,046,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Hey hey campers!!
C21! Love the idea of eternal spring, my favorite time of the yr! Hmmmm, whats the employment like there?? Well here you can 'own' a business, but would have to get a work permit to be employed and can only 'work' in certain types of biz (no retail or something that would displace a Panamanian). Best thing to do is find your niche and just start a biz, then with low labor costs, do the overseeing or get your hands dirty so to speak if that's what you want to do.

By the by do you have an afiliates here in my area that are GOOD??

Best thing to do girl is to interview everyone in your area, then evaluate and select one (at whatever level of representation you want) - even say in C21 or any other 'franchise' that's why they say 'each office is independently owned and operated'. I could refer you to someone, but have no idea if the MB runs the office the way 'I' feel a brokerage should be run or what - so if you're looking for another Realtor, just interview a ton of them and find the one who will be proactive on your behalf, responsive, knows their about your area, etc. JMO

Yep another weekend gone and still nothing here, I am loosing count but I think that is 15 weeks now. I have resigned myself to the thought that no one will ever buy this place....so sad. Spoke to my RE attorney on Friday and he says that they are busy again but everything is less than 160k. He is one of the top dogs in the area too. I went on to the m ls and saw afew new listings with land and I just dont understand any of it anymore. These new listings are all way MORE than mine with less land again. My agent said thats good, it makes mine even more attractive, yea right. Cant figure out where these listing agents are getting their prices from...one of the great wonders of the world! mess...........dang dog.....
Well at least they have an MLS to work with! Sigh. And while, yes, it can make your property more attractive a 'list price' is just that. And yeah, some just pull numbers out of their or the seller isn't motivated and can wait it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Morning all and yes Painter I'm counting as I am so very discouraged.

C21 as a loan officer there were a couple of shady, sleazy RE offices. Only a couple???? No LOL - saw enough of them in the States, but down here - holy moly they're EVERYWHERE! Then of course there are the 'freelancers' but I have to stop myself here or i'll get on a soapbox and go off for hours about 'those' slimebags.

Off to the doc w/Mr. L as the damn meds the doc gave him last week made him very ill. Ticks me off as he was FINE and felt better than ever and now we're back to square one. I'm furious as this not only ruins life for him but wreaks havoc on mine. Why can't they leave everything alone.
I'm sorry you and Mr. L going through all of this. I think you're in just the right 'mood' to convey this to the doctor so he gets the message. Why I don't go to them unless absolutely have to - rather have Tex taking care of me 'cause she seems to know more about medicine than a lot of the doctors. Will keep both of you in my thoughts and prayers. XXOO

Old 06-22-2009, 11:35 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times
Ok ladies, chin up! Easy for me to say but Lord knows I have had my lows..we get through it somehow. I wonder if the agents even know what the comps are anywhere, seems to me with the REO's and short sales, how can someone even figure out a comp? What happened to the good old days where houses just sold regular, no wierd stuff..makes it hard on those of you who are not REO's or short sales..I send my prayers and wishes for you to sell.

Well we had a bizarre morning here with the dogs..first, Gracie the dalmatian starts barking like crazy, I guess she saw a chewy thing I had left on the counter and they spook her for some reason. wierdo. finally she went in the other room and I put it on top of the frig so she couldnt see it or smell it.then..i'm in the bedroom putting clothes away and I hear this crash and barking dogs again..come out here and one of them tripped on the extension cord and knocked my good ceramic lamp on the floor, the tile of course..so there is a big crack in it, still works...Carl took clear packing tape and taped it to hold it together.

Halo the doxie has been under my bed since then..none of them like hollering and we did our share this morning. I wanted to head out to look for a sofa, but wonder if we should just stay put today..hmmm...

Sara, what IS going on with your house, did hubby get the new job? Details, woman!

Ok eating my bagel and have to get some stuff done...ciao for now!

Old 06-22-2009, 11:54 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,768 times
Hey peeps, hot as a chili pepper in heat today...and I was out mowing almost done, just need to snatch a few weeds out back

OK nothing is going on with the house- I had just noticed my addy was viewed like 10 times or so just this month...so either folks looking the neighborhood over or noseybodies!
Hubby is supposed to have a 'phone chat' re- a possible job position...it would be near st Louis.

Lacey! So sorry to hear about Mr. I understand your frustration, especially in regard to my dad.
These 'doctors' either order tests seemingly just for the hell of it, or are not willing to think out of the freaking a$$ box and test for 'odd' stuff.

And someone please tell me WHY they are so eager to prescribe Nexium, et al, when they DO NO TESTS to ACTUALLY determine that it IS too much acid. Don't the jerks realize that low acid can cause similar symptoms!!!!! And there are different treatments/drugs??????????????????

URGH

well back at it, sold some stuff on Craigs and it got picked up a bit ago/ YAY
I tell ya I will be ready for smaller place, or my dream, LOL a motorhome- that wasy we woudl really be re-lo-cat-able LOL

stay cool

Old 06-22-2009, 12:07 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times
Sara, that's what I need to do, Craigslist...but first I have to go through the mess...too hot here now for garage sale, won't be able to manage that due to weather until at least Oct. but then the 'snowbirds' are heading back down here from cold country and probably buy all my stuff..uh wishful thinking.

Our son just called, they have been on their honeymoon cruise since last Monday crusing the inside passage in Alaska..they got off the ship this morning and hopped on the Princess Line train heading up to Denali, they will spend 4 nights in Princess Lodges there, sightseeing, then spend Thurs night in Fairbanks and fly home to Sac from there. he sent me a pic from the train, its beautiful
Click image for larger version

Name:	06220909001.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	43872
kind of riding on the edge lol...now I want to go to Alaska..oh wait, I bought a house...

Back to work ladies, stay cool in all that heat!

Old 06-22-2009, 12:57 PM

1,261 posts, read 4,271,698 times
Barb,
Sorry I missed your birthday. I hope it was a good one.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:00 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Guess what? The doc gave him 2 more meds-antibiotics as he feels another abcess eruption is coming. White coat syndrome-I got it!!!!! Told him we should just move into an examing room and decorate.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:16 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Guess what? The doc gave him 2 more meds-antibiotics as he feels another abcess eruption is coming. White coat syndrome-I got it!!!!! Told him we should just move into an examing room and decorate.
Lacey i am so sorry that Mr L and you are going through this. I also have no use for doctors way to many mistakes have been made on me plus they just hand out the meds like they were candy.
I am finally going to the dermotogist Thurs and I am dreading it. I will also bring up the report that they had for hubby that we had to take down to hubby's ONC for his records. In the report it said they checked his whole body as they should have but that was a lie. He was asked why he came and hubby told them about a growth on his cheek and hand so that is all they looked at.
Prayers for both of you and decorate the examing room Lacey anyway you want.lol

Just remember another thing i have to do in Aug. I have to have laser surgery for a film that grew over my lens in one of my eyes after cataract surgery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate