Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2009, 07:02 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,147,270 times

Advertisements

Hey Everyone,

Dogmom, Congrats on the new house. Do you have any pics to share? Did you get that loan preapproval from the bank that you were looking into?

Painter, did you hear about the looker for the big house yet? A bidding war, that's perfect That's nice that an old friend is coming to visit. Have you heard from Judy at all?

Anyone else get any new feedback from showings or have any coming up?

Hammy, you are eating for two and making up for lost time, enjoy! Are you carrying high or low? Is your butt getting wider? LOL, these are weird questions, but they are for determining if you are having a Lil Hammer or a Lil Hammette.

NJ, sorry to hear about your yucky weather. How close is your place to the shore towns? Have you found a new realtor yet?

Hope Crazyma gets back soon. Has anyone heard from her?

Lacey, that's lots of looks on your place. Why are you taking it off the market in May?

Pixie dust to all you buyers and sellers, may you find the perfect place to call home.

Old 04-15-2009, 07:11 PM

959 posts, read 1,823,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Painter ever hear that term "new house-new baby" just look at Hammy!!!
Not that I wish you a new baby-just maybe a "new BABY"!!!
Oh my god, this made me laugh out loud. OH YEAH BABY!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Hey Everyone,

Hammy, you are eating for two and making up for lost time, enjoy! Are you carrying high or low? Is your butt getting wider? LOL, these are weird questions, but they are for determining if you are having a Lil Hammer or a Lil Hammette.
I think I am carrying high but that is because the top part of my tummy just burst out of nowhere and is almost as big as my big ones above it! My butt, is getting bigger FOR SURE! LOL

Kristine

Old 04-15-2009, 07:28 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,147,270 times
LOL, thanks Hammy. Okay, now I have some scientific criteria to make my decision on. Oh, also, Hammy, how many brothers and/or sisters do you and your dh have?

Old 04-15-2009, 08:01 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,519,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Hey gals, For a change I am posting some good news....got the offer on the little house! Gonna take it and run, just pray this ONE goes to closing.
Did not hear on my big house, still waiting on a appointment for the showing, if he still wants a showing that is. Now that I will be gone for the rest of the week working and not around to keep it up, well you know that is when the goober will want to see it, the boys stay in while I am gone, lol. For our newbies, my boys are Aussies and not the friendliest boys, actually 140 lbs of meaness.

Congrats painter. Now an offer on your big house is long over due fingers crossed for an offer on that one next week.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
I love the Biggest Loser--matter of fact, I request Tuesdays off because of it! That is so neat about Jerry and Estella being from your hometown. I will root for them to win! Who do you want to win the BIG money? I think over the last 2 years the contestants have gotten so mean and nasty.

Congrats Painter! I am not sending any images! See post above!

Thanks Texas no graphics for me anymore.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Off topic, does anyone know if we know we will get a refund from the IRS, and I file an extension, will they penalze me for doing that...i went to the IRS website..well if I were smart enough to read and understand it I probably would have gotten the dang things finished..Geez Governement, I was kinda busy with the wedding and illness...think they will accept that excuse? Or maybe congress can just give me a pass, lol.

I know if we owe and file an extension i would have to pay plus interest but what if I don't file on time..seems to me if they owe me, well....pay up suckas...haha..

Hammy, oblong eh..well I have a guess..do I have to keep it to myself or Texas are you doing the guesses and keeping track. I forget..Kristine, glad you are feeling better..

Well we are writing an offer on a house. Long distance. It's about 3 blocks from my folks down just north Palm Springs...its smaller than we wanted, just about 1400 sq feet. My folks and brother went through it with the agent yesterday late afternoon and sent lots of pictures. It's not a short sale OR a repo, fell out of escrow..very clean, looks barely lived in, my brother said there were not holes or patches that even look like pictures had been hung..a lot of folks there have winter homes, maybe it was bought for that reason....nice size kitchen, my fave shiny white tile, pantry...master bedroom dimensions will fit my big bedroom furniture. No house is going to have the size bedroom I had in that last one..master bath is small but will serve the purpose..the backyard is just dirt..needs a patio slab poured and a cover..needs plants, grass..will give Dogpaw a project. The back yard is huge and there is room along the side for our quad trailer..we know the neighborhood, its a nice one with gates, etc..so we just told the agent to write an offer..fingers crossed, we feel good about this one...and it's 100,000 less than the one we were going to get in NorCal..and only 4 years old..
don't send me any photobucket pixie dust..we need to figure out how to do graphics another way..that's scary about the computers and graphics.. and Tinkerbell, the humanity of it all.

Ok dogpaw took big dogs to groomer, little man here was NOT happy, if looks could kill. he is waiting for me to go take a nap while it's quiet...later campers

Barb what wonderful news. I am so happy for you and Carl. About the taxes just file for an extention and if they owe you money no problem.

Painter a bidding war I love it. May the best man win.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Hey all!! Power outage this afternoon!!!out for two hours!!! Winds whipping up to 40 mph here and RAINING for the past two days straight!!!

Auntie Lacey,Auntie Barb lol,Niki,Painter,Tex!!Ms, FancyPants,Hammy,and everyone else!! Hello!!!

Dogmom-great news girl!! I am praying all goes well for you!!

Painter-congrats on the offer!!! wohoo! We need good news here!

Tex- if I lived closer I would have hub fix your computer!! He is a wiz at computers!! Sorry you had to deal with crappy viruses!!Thanks to you and Lacey and Painter about the migraines! and Dogmom--I tried eating spinach *fresh* in salads--and my headaches are definitely no longer! I read somewhere where spinach is supposed to help!I am cutting out the diet snapples too!!! I have energy from eating all the spinach now lol

Stoy-how are you> Niki-how are you girl?

Lacey!!! Are you taking your house off market soon>>>or keeping it?

NJ welcome back. We all missed you. You said you get migrains so do I and I cannot take any of the new migraine meds due to a slight heart problem. I have to take fioricet and have since the 90's works great for me. Doctor has me on at least two a day but if I have a breakthrough it is 4 a day since I would get a migraine several times a month in the past. I have stopped taken them everyday every so often for a two week break but doctor doesn't know that.

Last edited by lorriem; 04-15-2009 at 08:37 PM..

Old 04-15-2009, 08:51 PM

Had such a great time with the kids and I miss them so much. DD just called and the plane is just pulling up to the gate. She said she wasn't feeling well on the plane but I think it is because she has to drive from SFO and she hates that dr. I wish we could have a do over and it was still last week and I was looking forward to seeing them. Well June is only a two months away so I will see my babies all over again in CA.
I love this computer it is an HP Pavilion and it has a 17 inch screen. Only problem it is vista like all of them now. So far no problem except my pass words.lol
I would get another Apple in a heartbeat but the price is outrageous. I loved my Apple when I had one several years ago.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:47 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,480,077 times
[quote=dogmom;8357663]

Quote:
Off topic, does anyone know if we know we will get a refund from the IRS, and I file an extension, will they penalze me for doing that...i went to the IRS website..well if I were smart enough to read and understand it I probably would have gotten the dang things finished..Geez Governement, I was kinda busy with the wedding and illness...think they will accept that excuse? Or maybe congress can just give me a pass, lol.

I know if we owe and file an extension i would have to pay plus interest but what if I don't file on time..seems to me if they owe me, well....pay up suckas...haha..
I was skimming through posts, since that's all I have time to do lately, and funny I should read this as I work for a cpa. Just got home from work...due to the April 15th nightmare!

If you get a refund, no need to file an extension, they don't care how long you take to file to get money back. If you know you owe, they do care and you must file an extension (postmarked today). If you can't pay the money you owe, you still send in the extension and you will get a letter from the IRS asking to set up a payment plan etc. The extension is the crucial thing, if you owe. Since I sent over 250 of them today, it's drilled in my head. So glad the 15 hour days are over, I will breathe easy tomorrow!

Also congratulations finding that home.... Sounds like the perfect size, not to small, not to big. I hope it all works out.
I can't wait to move.....17 months and counting

Old 04-15-2009, 10:57 PM

1,261 posts, read 4,270,016 times
NJ,
Doing fine. Missing dh, dealing with the kids (they're on Spring Break), cleaning house. All that fun stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.