Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2009, 01:00 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,843,220 times

Advertisements

InThePines-so glad you had a great time-there's so much to do. Did you get to ChinaTown? Little Italy? Jewish delis?

Love "street vendor" food.

Old 04-25-2009, 02:00 PM

982 posts, read 1,099,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Pines View Post
MsFancyPants - I didn't realize we had an ignore button!

Lacey - I just got back from a very fast paced weekend in NYC. My girlfriend and I got away from kids and hubbies and took in as many sights as possible - it had been years since I was there. We had a great time. Stayed at the Waldorf, saw a show, did some shopping - it was fun. Now I need to get my husband there for a romantic weekend!

Go to My Settings and on the left-hand side is the "edit ignore" list. It's there.

I love NYC!!!

Old 04-25-2009, 03:07 PM

394 posts, read 1,048,669 times
We mostly stayed in mid-town due to the short time we were there and the abundance of museums, etc. close by. I really want to go back again soon.

Old 04-25-2009, 03:19 PM

That's one reason we honeymooned there.

Old 04-25-2009, 05:36 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,147,511 times
Hi everyone,

Gorgeous weather today, in the 80s. Got some yard work done, and washed the dogs...one of them twice! When I was gardening, I managed to break the wire to the dog's invisible fence (about the third time I've done this, dh was not amused) My house has a really stinky dog/egg smell now, ugh.
Went to Home Depot , so we could buy an attachment to attach the hose to warm water in the kitchen sink (that's why I had to wash Rufus twice, as the first time the water was so cold, I couldn't rinse him thoroughly.) My dd took them for a walk down to the lake and let them wade. Now Rufus is limping and totally disgusted with being clean. Darcy will probably not speak to me for a week. I swear, she's the only dog we've ever had that sulks. You dog lovers understand that I am referring to them like they are people, lol.

Got to go make dinner..having london broil, packaged rice & beans and corn on the cob. I thought it was $2.99 for 6 ears, but it was $2.99 for 3 ears. I just paid frickin $1.00 per ear Ever have one of those days that everything you do is just wrong!

Old 04-25-2009, 05:48 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,271,143 times
Tambre, if the corn is good, it's worth the extra few dollars And yes, I have done that more than once..London broil, girl you are my kind of cook!

My doxie Halo is very stubborn and he can hold a grudge for a long time..if he's really mad at you he won't even look at you, he goes under my bed and sulks..well at least I don't have to watch him sulk at me.

We thought the sun might break through today, off and on trying to sprinkle..we had thought about going over to the coast today for a drive and do a little geocaching, but it's a clamming weekend and it's a zoo over there..will go during the week.

Anything good on tv tonight? We are getting so bored...

My dogs seem really restless...barking at the wind, the dalmatian Gracie has gone in and out several times, enough to tick off dogpaw..these dogs will be happy to get a doggie door and so will we.

Later..

Old 04-25-2009, 05:54 PM

Night all-Antiques Roadshow for is 2 antiques. It's been a rough week.

Old 04-25-2009, 05:57 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,271,143 times
Sleep good Lacey....you have been run through the mill this week..

Will check out antiques roadshow..thanks

Old 04-25-2009, 06:10 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,147,511 times
Dogmom,
That's too funny about Halo, your doxie. What a quirky personality! Dh and I are watching the series called Hero on DVD. We just finished the first season last night. If you like scifi/fantasy it's pretty engaging. Hope your back is feeling better. Any news on the paperwork trail for your mortgage?

Wow NJ...you're daughter is going to be famous. That is so great, you meeting the designers and having a shoot in Central Park. What an interesting experience. What magazine is that going to be in?

MFP, glad your FIL is better. It's hard having older parents with health concerns.

Lacey, glad all the poking and prodding by the docs is over, and that tests came back clear. How's Mr. L doing?

Crazyma, heard about bad weather in Ga again yesterday, I think. Hope your family is safe.

Wonder if those wildfires are near Roth? Anyone heard from her?

In The Pines, sounds like you had a blast in NYC. What show did you see? Was it good?

Hello to everyone else. Enjoy the weekend.

Old 04-25-2009, 06:32 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,367,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseHappy View Post
Good morning all. I thought I'd try to get a post in before the house gets crazy.

Painter, how's the bidding wars going? Texasheart, I'm so sorry about the people choosing another house. That's so hard, I know. I cried countless tears when we were trying to sell. It always made me crazy when another home was chosen over ours after it made the short list. They say it's not personal but it is!!!!! I'll say lots and lots of prayers the house gets an offer soon. for you too, fancypants .
Thanks HH! Oh well--maybe the next looker will be my buyer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks;8508667 Holy crap!! I was in NY with my dd yesterday.for a shoot in Central Park--what a beautiful park it is!!!.Had to go to another place with her but with a MAJOR designer. OMG> .Almost blew it off because we had left early in the am. for the 1st thing---glad we ended up going... They loved her so much in the little dresses she put on for them---a charity benefit coming up of some sort.All custom made dresses... Don't know too many details but met some of the family members of this TOP designer. I almost sht my pants:shocked:. lol Of course my daughter could have cared less lol..but she had fun!

[B
Tex[/b]- when is the Kentucky Derby again? I want to see a pic of that hat!!!Yes, I am psyched as Dogmom to come to visit once you get back to TX!Have you done 30 day shred today?? I have to go treadmill now!! lost 4 lbs this week!Any word on the one showing tex??
NJ--sounds like your daughter is right at home in Manhattan! How come you don't try to get them both in the business--being twins and all? I think they would look adorable on the covers together!

The KY Derby is next Saturday...1st week-end in May! I leave Wed morning to drive to KY! I will post a pic when I get home!

No, I was bad--didn't do 30 day shred today. Did you? That's great about the 4 lb weight loss. You go girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Pines View Post
Hi all -

Just checking in, it's been a while since I've stopped in to say hello. I'm sending positive vibes out to everyone today because I keep encountering negative nellies on other threads in this forum. Geez - they keep coming out of the woodwork. I really think most of them either got severely burned in real estate and want to share their pain or they were never able to get into real estate to begin with and they want others to be disadvantaged also. Enough, people! Chin up and move on! What's so wrong with wishing well for others???
Some people just like to be miserable is all I have to say. Thanks for the positive vibes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Got to go make dinner..having london broil, packaged rice & beans and corn on the cob. I thought it was $2.99 for 6 ears, but it was $2.99 for 3 ears. I just paid frickin $1.00 per ear Ever have one of those days that everything you do is just wrong!
Set an extra plate--I'm coming to dinner!

HDL, Lorrie, Hammy---where for art thou??? Miss you guys!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate