Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2007, 12:05 PM

2 posts, read 13,998 times

Advertisements

I may have to sell my home in the future and wondered if anyone had every dealt with these companies that buy your home....please share your experience...Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2007, 12:22 PM

275 posts, read 1,288,803 times
To the best of my knowledge most of the companies that buy homes are looking for someone in a distressed situation, or the house itself is distressed. They usually low ball offers because they can. Unless you are in one of those situations I wouldn't bother. However you can always call and get an estimate.

Old 04-02-2007, 08:01 PM

153 posts, read 685,718 times
You can expect to receive very near the county assessment value of your home if it's in a highly desirable area.

Old 04-02-2007, 08:50 PM

1,233 posts, read 3,434,765 times
Try companies that help you sell your home, like homeowners.com and helpusell.com they work on very low commissions, thousands less than realators and they give advice on how to show your home and how to do the legal part, its not that difficult, do some research, alot of people have done this and saved alot of money, but you do have to research the laws, doesn't take forever and in my opinion its great!

Old 12-11-2008, 01:43 PM

3 posts, read 13,274 times
You can normally get a quote from them at no cost if you're curious. Have you thought out renting out your house?? Another thought is modifying your mortgage to lower the payment. You can do this yourself or hire a company to do it for you (for a fee). The only company I've dealt with is [URL="http://www.lowerhousepayment.biz"]www.lowerhousepayment.biz[/URL] also [URL="http://www.fastcash4homes.biz"]www.fastcash4homes.biz[/URL]. They offer a free consultation.

Last edited by econtent; 12-11-2008 at 01:45 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 12-11-2008, 01:48 PM

237 posts, read 1,110,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post
You can expect to receive very near the county assessment value of your home if it's in a highly desirable area.
This is the policy of my company's guarantee - we will sell your house or, if it does not sell during the listing period, buy it from you at 90% of assessed value.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate