Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 07:16 AM

145 posts, read 497,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BootStrapTX View Post
I am not quite sure I understand. You shouldn't be there at all when the appraisal is done. Was it an issue with the pets?
Yeah the issue was with the pets... I was out of town so I couldn't get my 100 pound dog out and at 10am who could I call to be there? ya know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old biddie View Post
If I were you, I would let go of some of your control issues here, and just let the guy in to do his job and to keep your deal moving in a positive forward direction.
In other words, don't **** off your buyer, and try to make the goal of a smooth closing a priority.
Jeesh it's not a control issue! The guy gave me one time to work with and they can't come in with my dog there.... had I been anywhere in 100 mile radius I would have got the dog out myself. I am not saying I have to be there... You are right too, it did have to do with their deadline but that was a "them problem" not a "me problem"... I said they could get in anytime they wanted from 6am to 12 midnight the next day but they refused to work after 5pm! I just couldn't get my dog out cause I was 600 miles away. LOL
The buyers agent even talked to my neighbor during the first showing about how she should be helpful with access... dude is such a freak, I should have known from the start.

Old 05-20-2009, 12:20 PM

50 posts, read 128,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schousse View Post
Second, I like the seller to be there so I can have some questions answered about the house.
This is exactly why I insist that my clients not be present when the inspection is conducted and it is the buyers reps responsibility to provide access. Bottom line, buyers agent was out of line here. There is no reason to get hot about this except competence and inexperience. Hell, if I thought it would make the deal happen I would kennel your dog

Old 05-20-2009, 03:01 PM

396 posts, read 1,033,706 times
Quote:
This is exactly why I insist that my clients not be present when the inspection is conducted and it is the buyers reps responsibility to provide access. Bottom line, buyers agent was out of line here. There is no reason to get hot about this except competence and inexperience. Hell, if I thought it would make the deal happen I would kennel your dog
You're the best Boots. I agree 100%.
And I am confused here; to the OP: I was under the impression from your first post that you had hired a pet-sitter.
And if not, I agree with Boots, you should have put the dog in a kennel...

Old 05-20-2009, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old biddie View Post
You're the best Boots. I agree 100%.
And I am confused here; to the OP: I was under the impression from your first post that you had hired a pet-sitter.
And if not, I agree with Boots, you should have put the dog in a kennel...
Oh I totally would have put the dog in the kennel if they had given me any notice....it was 8pm at night and we were leaving first thing the next day for a long weekend. We did have a pet sitter but she comes at 8 am and that stuff isn't her responsibility.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:59 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,031,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
I'm an appraiser

I'm a wacko

But I try not to be rude.

I do try to bend over backwards to accommodate other peoples schedules. I figure that if I can stop off at a promising pond and catch a couple of bass on a Tuesday morning, that I can work a little late another day. In fact, that is one of the reasons I became an appraiser.

That being said, I am perplexed that the buyers agent was involved in the setting of the appointment. I set my own appointments. I suggest a time and provide several options. We generally come to an agreement as to when we can spend the half to an hour and a half necessary to view and measure the property.

On occasion, I get a home owner who is adamant about me not interrupting their lives. They have to work all day, they have to go to church on Wednesday, they have a family reunion........what ever the excuse, I remind them that I, too, have a life, a family, and activities other than appraising that I enjoy. At such times, I explain to them that my inspection hours are between 10 AM and 3PM with an hour for lunch, five days a week. If they want to have their house appraised, I am available in those hours a week from next Tuesday. If that is inconvenient, I can fit you into my calendar a week later.

If the seller is pleasant, polite, and willing to work with me, I will be glad to come by tomorrow evening, Saturday afternoon.....I've even done the measuring and viewing on a Sunday, on occasion.

A suggestion for you is to let the attorney know that you are willing to meet the appraiser at several different times, any one of which would work for you equally well. If that is not acceptable, perhaps the lender should hire an appraiser that can meet you at one of those times.

I don't try to throw my weight around, but I will NOT be bullied, I will not be dictated to, and I am an independent sort of wacko.

So, provide reasonable options for the appraiser to get his job done and still make it home in time for his daughters softball game. Provide several. If the appraiser is not willing to accommodate you, ask that they get another appraiser. If you **** the appraiser off, he could very well kill the deal. If you are at odds with the current appraiser, explain to the lender or the buyers agent your concerns and ask that they get another appraiser. they have every right to get any appraiser they want, but YOU have the right to allow who YOU want to enter your house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmtklein View Post
Oh I totally would have put the dog in the kennel if they had given me any notice....it was 8pm at night and we were leaving first thing the next day for a long weekend. We did have a pet sitter but she comes at 8 am and that stuff isn't her responsibility.
Shame you didn't have GP as the appraiser. Never once had an appraiser only give one timeframe for the appraisal to be done and also have it be scheduled at the last minute to boot Repped you GP on how you conduct business and others could learn about the correct way to create a win/win.

Old 05-21-2009, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Shame you didn't have GP as the appraiser. Never once had an appraiser only give one timeframe for the appraisal to be done and also have it be scheduled at the last minute to boot Repped you GP on how you conduct business and others could learn about the correct way to create a win/win.
Yeah GP does sound like a rock star to work with!

Old 05-21-2009, 09:21 AM

2,825 posts, read 7,531,400 times
Quote:
This is exactly why I insist that my clients not be present when the inspection is conducted and it is the buyers reps responsibility to provide access.
You don't want the seller to answer questions about any recent upgrades and improvements that are not easily noticeable? How odd.

The last few days' conversations with several agents, both sellers' and buyers', learned that they don't always have the answers.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:22 AM

2,825 posts, read 7,531,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Repped you GP on how you conduct business and others could learn about the correct way to create a win/win.
You shoulda repped the woman who takes care of the scheduling for this firm

Old 05-21-2009, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schousse View Post
You shoulda repped the woman who takes care of the scheduling for this firm
Did you just assume the bad scheduler was a WOMAN??? Really!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate