Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 05:39 PM

1,279 posts, read 1,836,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Bull's Eye!

Never pay more than you want to, and then blame someone else.
So basically your biased opinion as an "Agent" is that buyers should blindly accept at face value the claims of a person who is one step above a used car lot employee, without any evidence? Sorry to be blunt but your profession has pretty much no real barrier to entry. Anyone who can pass a simple test can become a real estate agent, unlock doors and fill out cookie cutter contracts.

Sorry, my 153K a year salaried college educated butt will not take the word of some high school drop out who get's paid on commission for a job that the average Jack in the Box employee can do, at face value. I've had multiple situations where the highest and best was a lie. Even within the past 5 WEEKS this happened to me on a foreclosure I was interested in. The bank said they had multiple offers, gives your highest and best. I held steady and they accepted my offer, at which point I promptly withdrew it. I guess what you agents don't realize is without the clients to buy you don't have a job and your reputation will quickly end your career.

I wouldn't buy a lawn mower from someone with your irrational attitude. Your profession is a flat out over paid and overrated joke. ONE step above a used car salesman, if that. ANYONE can do it, lol. So yeah, it IS your fault if your unethical butt makes up multiple offer situations. It is a FACT that it happens and just you claiming that it's not your fault is a joke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2016, 05:55 PM

1,187 posts, read 1,329,241 times
You do realize that you got your panties all in a ruffle over a post from 2010?

There are plenty of unknowledgeble or unethical Realtors but there also plenty of college educated ethical ones too.

A college degree does not make a person better than another person and evidently they don't teach tact at schools of higher education in your area.

Old 01-07-2016, 06:17 PM

1,279 posts, read 1,836,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slytrix View Post
You do realize that you got your panties all in a ruffle over a post from 2010?

There are plenty of unknowledgeble or unethical Realtors but there also plenty of college educated ethical ones too.

A college degree does not make a person better than another person and evidently they don't teach tact at schools of higher education in your area.
I think you are missing the point. Not everyone can get an MBA or a PhD or JD or MD. Those who can have a higher barrier to entry and have done something few can and they have a higher standard of hiring in their occupation. Only a fool thinks that a person with an MD is not better or more intelligent than a used car salesman or its equivalent. There is a reason FBI and other Federal agents MUST have at LEAST a bachelors degree. It ain't because someone with a GED is better Chief, regardless of whatever feel good statements you make.

Yes I went through another "multiple offer" situation today that I believe is false, hence why I'm posting. House sat for a month with no offers, and the day after I make an offer they have a multiple offer situation, even though the house is not even worth what I'M paying for it? It has intrinsic value to me as a rental property, but the house is worth 20K less than I'm paying and after sitting all this time it suddenly has multiple offers a day after I went to look at it, when there were no other offers?

I'd have a lot more faith if there was some higher barrier to entry. Merely taking a person at their word for such a large transaction, just because of potential ethics violations that are difficult to prove because the system is geared in their favor isn't enough. No reasonable person would do so. I have a lot more faith in a Dentist or Doctor who tells me something, as there is a higher barrier to entry. It's not for every uneducated fool who can lie with a straight face to get rich quick.

For all I know I'm dealing with a 19 year old kid of a sellers agent who was flipping burgers two weeks ago. Anyone can go become a realtor all of a sudden, in control of negotiation for a half a million dollar property and I'm supposed to take this person at their word that there are multiple offers? Not everyone can get an advanced or professional degree. Again, realtor = salesman, no different than a car salesman really. Barrier to entry? So low that anyone who wants to take a crack at it can try it. Lol, never mind, if I have to explain this to you, I've already lost...

Last edited by Tac-Sea; 01-07-2016 at 06:27 PM..

Old 01-07-2016, 06:24 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,893,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tac-Sea View Post
So basically your biased opinion as an "Agent" is that buyers should blindly accept at face value the claims of a person who is one step above a used car lot employee, without any evidence? Sorry to be blunt but your profession has pretty much no real barrier to entry. Anyone who can pass a simple test can become a real estate agent, unlock doors and fill out cookie cutter contracts.

Sorry, my 153K a year salaried college educated butt will not take the word of some high school drop out who get's paid on commission for a job that the average Jack in the Box employee can do, at face value. I've had multiple situations where the highest and best was a lie. Even within the past 5 WEEKS this happened to me on a foreclosure I was interested in. The bank said they had multiple offers, gives your highest and best. I held steady and they accepted my offer, at which point I promptly withdrew it. I guess what you agents don't realize is without the clients to buy you don't have a job and your reputation will quickly end your career.

I wouldn't buy a lawn mower from someone with your irrational attitude. Your profession is a flat out over paid and overrated joke. ONE step above a used car salesman, if that. ANYONE can do it, lol. So yeah, it IS your fault if your unethical butt makes up multiple offer situations. It is a FACT that it happens and just you claiming that it's not your fault is a joke.

This makes no sense.. Don't you realize that the other offers very well could have been lower than yours, hence your original offer still being the strongest after the bank called for H&B?

You definitely showed them by retracting your offer

Old 01-07-2016, 06:44 PM

43,291 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Quote:

You break wind poorly. Very poorly for someone who makes spurious claims to having an educated butt. Practice doesn't seem to be helping.

I am not offering to sell a lawnmower to you. It could be irresponsible to outfit you with a cutting implement sharper than a rubber spatula.

Old 01-07-2016, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kww View Post
This makes no sense.. ...
You raise the bar too high.

Old 01-07-2016, 06:47 PM

I have had about a listing a month in multiple offers over the last 7-8 months.
In many areas, we have more buyers than good inventory.

You don't have to make it up. Buyers bring it.

I am looking at a listing to go live in about 6 weeks, and I would predict 4 offers within 48 hours, as soon as it does.

Old 01-07-2016, 06:51 PM

7,244 posts, read 21,811,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
I am looking at a listing to go live in about 6 weeks, and I would predict 4 offers within 48 hours, as soon as it does.
I listed a property yesterday. Received an offer within 2 hours. The offer was on the wrong forms as we have new contracts that went active on January 1. I responded back that she needs to put the offer on the new contract. Before receiving that offer back, I received another offer. Today, I received another offer, and expecting another. That's 4 offers in under 48 hours... but I can see how we can make this up because we enjoy going through the emotional toll it puts on us, speaking to each agent and listening to their sob story about their clients loving the house and really really REALLY wanting it, because the buyers with the other offers don't actually "really" want the house...

Old 01-07-2016, 07:03 PM

1,187 posts, read 1,329,241 times
Tac-Sea it has been proven that for whatever reason houses can and do receive multiple offers after sitting on the market. I have always told my buyers this. Some stepped up and put in their best offer often having the highest offer and moving forward with the purchase. Other times they didn't believe that there were and someone else bought the house. There have been instances when they balked that negotiations continued and they prevailed. So bottom line, you just never know.

Old 01-07-2016, 09:20 PM

8,674 posts, read 22,919,247 times
Quote:

I accidentally repped you, lol. After 30 years in the industry, I've done loans for many of the owners of our local real estate companies, owners of multiple Keller Williams offices, builders that never have put a tie on to work, and many Realtors. 153K per year for many of these Realtors would be considered a bad year. Many of them hold multiple degrees, many are retired high ranking military officers. With one single stroke of a brush you painted an unfair picture. What outher groups of people do you do this with? If you chose someone with little to no knowledge, that's on you, not the agent that is trying to earn a living instead of a government handout. But what I find pretentious is your canned assumption that school = someone worth listening to. Some of the biggest horse's patooties I know are those with MBAs, and PhDs, zero personal skills, only thing they know how to do is sit in a classroom. Sound familiar?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate