Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 05:18 PM

12,626 posts, read 31,900,849 times

Advertisements

Does this help to have realtors come out to view your home? Every realtor that has come through my home with buyers has had nothing but positive compliments. I thought by getting more realtors to view my home would help with the sale possibly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2009, 05:29 PM

1,289 posts, read 6,080,341 times
I am not sure what you are asking because I do not understand if you are currently listed with a realtor or going For Sale By Owner but either way, the answer is YES! In this market you can NEVER have too many eyes on your home. Common sense says the more people that see your home, the more likely it is to sell.

One step further would be to try a Brokers Open House which is a Open House that is just for realtors and brokers. The way this works is you set up a day (usually a specific day every week in all areas), and then you invite the realtors to your home to view it and see if they might have clients that would be interested. Whenever I list a home, I always do this the first week. It allows the realtors to talk to eachother about the home and hopefully generate some interest. Just remember, the best way to get realtors to a Brokers Open House is by offering free food. Once they feel they are getting something, they will come!

Good luck!

Old 06-14-2009, 08:41 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,443,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
Does this help to have realtors come out to view your home? Every realtor that has come through my home with buyers has had nothing but positive compliments. I thought by getting more realtors to view my home would help with the sale possibly.
Being open for Broker Tour cannot hurt. You will probably meet plenty of agents with compliments who want to list your home.

Old 06-14-2009, 09:10 PM

15,490 posts, read 40,186,319 times
Tours aren't huge here. They do intracompany tours to promote in house listings, but the tours to show to agents of other companies aren't well attended out here.

So whether or not it makes sense depends on what is normal in your area.

Old 06-14-2009, 10:13 PM

10,891 posts, read 21,846,800 times
This was just covered pretty extensively in about a 6 page thread recently. You could probably pull some great info off of it.

Old 06-15-2009, 06:03 AM

4,826 posts, read 14,258,564 times
Quote:
Bottom line, if you are getting all these positive comments, your price is wrong. No open house can offset any price issues.

Old 06-15-2009, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
Bottom line, if you are getting all these positive comments, your price is wrong. No open house can offset any price issues.
What I don't understand though, every realtor says I'm priced fairly. If ppl thought that, why wouldn't they just offer less?

Yes, I was referring to a broker's open house. How do you get the word out? Send faxes or e-mails?

Old 06-15-2009, 09:09 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,443,398 times
Quote:
What I don't understand though, every realtor says I'm priced fairly. If ppl thought that, why wouldn't they just offer less?

Yes, I was referring to a broker's open house. How do you get the word out? Send faxes or e-mails?
If I am not mistaken, you are listed with a Flat Fee Broker. They can set this up for you, in the MLS. If you have no representation, you need to find some way to reach the agents and compel them to tour your house on the appropriate tour day, for your area.

In my area, listing agents offer lunch, a bottle of wine, gas cards, a drawing and so on to encourage agents to come in and see the property on Tour Day. What matters is the custom in your area.

I would not rely on feedback from local agents at large, for much of anything.

Most sellers persist in the belief that by asking more they will get more.

The most common seller exclamations are:
I do not have to sell.
I am not giving it away.
They can always make an offer.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
If I am not mistaken, you are listed with a Flat Fee Broker. They can set this up for you, in the MLS. If you have no representation, you need to find some way to reach the agents and compel them to tour your house on the appropriate tour day, for your area.

In my area, listing agents offer lunch, a bottle of wine, gas cards, a drawing and so on to encourage agents to come in and see the property on Tour Day. What matters is the custom in your area.

I would not rely on feedback from local agents at large, for much of anything.

Most sellers persist in the belief that by asking more they will get more.

The most common seller exclamations are:
I do not have to sell.
I am not giving it away.
They can always make an offer.
Thanks for letting me know how to set it up. I will look into it.

Old 06-16-2009, 07:08 AM

800 posts, read 3,077,247 times
Becky, many won't make an offer if they feel the house is way overpriced because they feel they are wasting your time. You have agent representation. Ask your agent for help. Since I sell in your market area, these days, the Broker Opens with large companies where they force their agents to attend other company listing opens get traffic. Is your flat fee agent doing more than putting your home in the MLS? You will pay someone to sell your home. Either an agent or yourself. It's ok to use Flat Fee agents if you know how to market and get the house sold and need very little input or assistance. However, your home has been listed since October and has not sold. You are trying hard on your own to get all the feedback and help you can get online and have listened to some of the free advice you have solicited. However, the house has not sold.

The bottom line is that properties don't sell due to location, condition or price. I think you know which it is but don't want to face facts. If you don't need to sell, wait until the market appreciates againg to get a higher price.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate