Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 06:22 AM

800 posts, read 3,087,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue717 View Post
Palm, thank you again, no there is nothing filled in at the section about renting, which is why I'm disputing it!

Was there ever a contract for the sale on this property?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2009, 11:19 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,043,447 times
Quote:
Question.. I want to opinions... is the realtor doing a lousy job or am I being unreasonable? I listed a house 10 months ago. I priced it where the realtor told me it would definately sell, even in this market. After listing I got shifted to another realtor. They asked me to paint the house, so I had it done. The first ads I saw square footage and number of rooms were wrong. I asked them to correct it, the next ads I saw the had changed it but numbers were still wrong. 3 more ads after that sq ft was still wrong. When I renewed the contract I asked if a new picture could be taken since the house had been painted. That never got done. Ads still had wrong information. I finally had to rent the house. They want a commission off of that. They lied about they had talked to my tenant. They had 5 pictures on there web site originally and now there is only one, and the sq ft is still wrong. I want to end the contract, they want me to pay to be released. I dont think I should, of course they want to be paid. I dont think they have done their job! Opinions????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee2e View Post
Was there ever a contract for the sale on this property?
FYI Here's your answer. The rest of the thread, which is about 5 pages, fully explains the issues the OP is having. He wants out, they want to charge him a cancellation fee and lied about being the procuring cause of the 'renter' (it was the OP's cousin). Contracts have performance clauses and in this case there were so many breaches . . . . anyway, if you start from page one, you'll see all of the OP's responses, etc.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:56 AM

3,297 posts, read 6,262,951 times
There are Realtors in our area who charge to release a contract. We have a new client and his former Realtor wanted $500 dollars to cancel the listing, even though she did NOTHING but overprice his house and stick a sign in his yard.

IMO, I am not going to force someone to work with me who doesn't want to by binding them to an agency agreement, but if it has gotten to that point I have failed at my job somewhere.

Old 07-20-2009, 05:31 AM

236 posts, read 900,645 times
Just another update, as of this date, I have not heard anything from the Broker or the Agent, since I asked to go to mediation. Since it is over a month now since I contacted them, I guess I'm not going to hear anything. The contract finally runs out next month. I'm so glad I listened to you people and did not just give in and pay the fees they asked for.

Old 07-20-2009, 07:42 AM

353 posts, read 1,020,639 times
Here's my take....

1. PRICING: Housing is a commodity, not a product. Any priced that was guaranteed (and I would NEVER do this, who knows what will happen) will change by the month or day based on many factors (competition in the market, interest rates, general feelings about the economy etc...). If a price was right 10 months ago, chances are it is not right today. Even in the good ol' days when prices were zooming up, the price would need adjustment based on the market conditions.

2. ADS SHOULD BE ACCURATE: Ads should have the correct number of bedrooms and baths, and highlight any features of a house. Square footage should be accurate within reason, but keep in mind that Realtors are not engineers, architects, etc...

3. BEHAVIOR OF THE REALTOR: It seems from your story that the Realtor was awful, and I am not quite sure why you renewed a contract with a nitwit like the person you were working with. If you're working with a small agency, talk to the boss... manager or owner/broker and explain the situation. Invite them to your house WITH the listing broker to straighten things out. There is NO REASON AT ALL for any "release fee." I would bring this to the Board of Realtors, and the state real estate commission or controlling entity.

If you were working with one of the big companies... C21, Coldwell, ReMax, then I would suggest going to the office manager. If not satisfied, go to corporate and ask for a regional manager or even the president of the company.

4. Blue... the other place to go if they insist on fees is the press. Just the threat of having this on TV or in a newspaper will get them to back down.

Good luck. As a Realtor who has been licensed for 20 years, I am angered and frustrated by unprofessional people like these who ruin the reputation of the rest of us.

Old 08-22-2009, 11:30 AM

236 posts, read 900,645 times
Finally...the contract has ended on this property. I never heard a word from anyone at the K Real Estate office. ONly proves to me that they lied several times, didnt care about the shoddy work they gave, and they were just trying to make a quick buck, any way they could. Its a shame, people put there trust into these companies and then the company tries to take advantage of them. I thank everyone for their help and advise. If I hadnt listened to you I would have been minus over $1200.00 in fake fees to this organization. Again thank you!

Old 08-22-2009, 04:02 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,043,447 times
Quote:
Finally...the contract has ended on this property. I never heard a word from anyone at the K Real Estate office. ONly proves to me that they lied several times, didnt care about the shoddy work they gave, and they were just trying to make a quick buck, any way they could. Its a shame, people put there trust into these companies and then the company tries to take advantage of them. I thank everyone for their help and advise. If I hadnt listened to you I would have been minus over $1200.00 in fake fees to this organization. Again thank you!
Blue I'm so happy for you!!!! Now, whew, you're rid of them and their BS Best of luck to you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate