Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 05:33 PM

657 posts, read 1,785,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
You have a live pig and a fake donkey, pulling a cart?
i have the donkey with the cart and yess.. hes pretty tired. lol. i agree, get rid of the donkey but where do we get the live pig>? lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2009, 05:36 PM

Default thanx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
Your home looks like a split level home and I know out here many people would not look at it because of that, unless you were in the right neighborhood. Not too excited about the donkey wheelbarrow thing in the front yard, but otherwise it looks well maintained.

The photos look like the house is updated, but is it out in the middle of nowhere? Those power lines into the driveway look daunting. If that shot is on the MLS, I would ask that it be removed. I know many buyers would rule it out based on that shot. People are freaked out about power lines. They tend to look less daunting in person.

Anyway, if you have some neighbors, maybe take a neighborhood shot? The house looks pretty isolated, which can be a good or bad thing depending on the area.
i dont live out in the middle of nowhere. lol but its in the country. i have neighbors all around but a couple few acres between houses.. my road is beautiful, all the homes are newer.. mine is one of the older wich i thought is good for value.. better than the nicest home in the hood right... lol
my house is 10-15 min to each town.. and 10 min to the highway.. it is perfect but most people are working farther away than the two towns im in.

Old 06-20-2009, 04:23 AM

359 posts, read 1,116,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
You have a live pig and a fake donkey, pulling a cart?

I just had to tell you......my parents have had that same donkey for as long as I can remember. When they moved from a small ranch to a really upscale condo community 10 years ago they took it with them. I'm sure their new neighbors love it LOL! My Dad paints it every year (his donkey wears a yellow hat) and there are new flowers planted in his basket every year.

If I saw that donkey on the way in to look at the house, it would make me smile, but I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority.

Now the real pigs.....that's another story!

Old 06-20-2009, 04:58 AM

27,206 posts, read 46,637,570 times
To me it sounds so stupid to do that...why would you even consider this?

If you would give a bonus than give it to the person who brings the buyer....isn't it the buyer that you need more than the seller. I can sell a home myself but I definately need the buyer which is harder to find!

Old 06-20-2009, 05:29 AM

HEYYY EVERYONE... WHERES THE PIG? I DONT SEE A PIG. LOL!! there are no pigs in my yard or house.

Old 06-20-2009, 05:45 AM

359 posts, read 1,116,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdzup3 View Post
HEYYY EVERYONE... WHERES THE PIG? I DONT SEE A PIG. LOL!! there are no pigs in my yard or house.
After going to your profile and looking in your photo album there are a couple of pigs (quite cute!) looking through a fence. Wasn't sure if they were pets or you lived on a farm. Didn't bother me because I'm quite certain they don't convey with the house.

Old 06-20-2009, 09:28 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,820,998 times
On behalf of my seller/client have sent out to all my colleagues information re: selling bonus....I don't know how it may be in other states, however, here in VT, it is clear that the bonus goes to the selling agency; we cannot refer/state specifically agent...as the agent is the independant contractor at the agency...however the principal broker works things out with their agents re: bonus is up to the real estate office. However, I do believe bonuses can be a good thing regardless of the real estate climate.

Old 06-20-2009, 09:53 AM

637 posts, read 3,231,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoFanMe View Post
If this agent was willing to work for 2.5%, offer 3.5% to the buyer agent. Why reward a weak negotiator after they have failed to do what you hired them to do?

Exactly right; the realtor rolled over right from the beginning and gave up their own $ without a fight. What do you expect their going to do to the seller once they get into serious negotiations with a buyer? My guess is that they will be just as fast to give the sellers $ away as well...

Old 06-20-2009, 10:26 AM

6,333 posts, read 18,020,789 times
Quote:
do realtors like this? my realtor told me, she wouldnt push a house with a bonus because it looks like she s just trying to sell the house for that reason.
Same here. Doesn't matter one iota to me. Our buyer rep agreement passes any excess commission on to the buyer, so it might motivate the buyer, but I've not once had it actually influence a buyer.

Think about th $8,000 government buyer bonus (tax rebate for buyers who haven't owned in 3 years) currently in place. It's not exactly causing a stampede of buyers rushing into the market, and that's a pretty hefty incentive.

Buyers buy houses they like. They are not shopping for bonuses. They want a good house. All things being equal, a bonus might break a tie between two houses under consideration, but in the end, it's best to simply focus on proper pricing and preparation and not worry about gimmicks.

Steve

Old 06-20-2009, 02:05 PM

well the bonus would be for the selling agent.. not the buyer but hey.. thats an idea.. lol.
i am just not getting agents bringing poeple into my home.. i dont get it. the price is low and there are homes pending in the price range. just thought it might peak the realtors interest..
most people that have been here are really shocked. they are not expecting it to be so nice i guess being a raised ranch. inside its so different than most... very open..
ill just keep waiting. thanx for the advice. oh and those pigs arent here.. lol they were at a petting zoo. ill have to take the pig pics out!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate