U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 12:21 PM

8,538 posts, read 6,184,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Remicade is an rheumatoid arthtitis frug that seems to alleviate Chrons. I'm thinking I would opt for the surgery but there's no guarantee that more removal would be necessary every few years til you have a bag.
Ok Lace thanks for letting me know that,is it an iv that he has all the time or do you have to administer it..its a tough call I am sure...surgery is not the cure all, thats for sure...

Old 08-05-2009, 12:36 PM

28,227 posts, read 12,931,759 times
It would be done in the ER every 2 months ($2500 a dose). That's pre-Obama care.

Old 08-05-2009, 01:05 PM

3,321 posts, read 2,661,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Ok the A**#1 landlord called again last night. Egads get me the xanax again..why us. He said the party girl next door, you know the one who thought DP needed anger manaement and wanted me to go out dancing with her..well she called A**1 and said someone was trying to break into her truck and that it was he guy staying at my house. Carl told the landlord to tell her to go take a flying F. Landlord said that nut next door was going to file a restraining order on the guy. Well the only guy i can figure out at our place is my cousin's son. I thought a couple weeks ago he was just staying a couple days so i am pissed. pizzed..whatever. DP not happy..we found this out lasat night so carl tried to call my cousins son on the kids cell phone, no call back yet..he needs to call my cousin. Anyway, this just too much, he should not be in MY house using MY power, his grandpa lives across the road in the same mobile park, he needs to go there if he can't go stay with my cousin. I am so done..

so this morning the phone rings again, A**wipe#1 left message wanting to know what we found out. We are not callling him...for one thing..its none of his damn buisiness and we were gone last night to a neighborhood watch meeting, it just wasnt our first priority.

Now my cousin is showing our place tonigt to a single lady, and a fella here in our development heard about our place up there and said he was interested so i need to dig up some pictures or have my cousin take some nice ones to show him.. This place has got to sell NOW.

Making shrimp salad, so if i take more xanax and pass out later from the stress at least dinner is started. Aaaagh!

You know DP and I are nice folks. I don't get it..Our neighbors in Utah were a nightmare, just hated us, and now this. I am glad to be home in CA where the free can roam... I dont know, maybe it is us..maybe we are just awful awful people. I am starting to get a complex.

Tears again, chat later...
That's kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place ya know...having to trust your family now to help you sell...it seems sometimes things can get sticky. Sorry I wouldn't want the boy in my place...there is just no telling sometimes with young people...hate to say it.

Yeah well you know all those books out about "why do bad things happen to good people" I've never read one though.

How was the watch mtg?

I am making a Hamburger Stroganoff recipe off Recipezaar and it wouldn't let me print...seems you have to pay...I don't know what the deal is...All recipes site is not like that...so I had to hand write the recipe...no bigee.

I am gonna try that shrimp salad soon, looks so good and perfect for summer.

Old 08-05-2009, 01:07 PM

Quote:
It would be done in the ER every 2 months ($2500 a dose). That's pre-Obama care.
So am I understanding correctly that ^^^ above is the choice he has chosen rather than surgery?

Old 08-05-2009, 01:36 PM

Yes Gold-the IV.

Old 08-05-2009, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Yes Gold-the IV.
I would probably choose surgery too, but then I don't know the full ramifications.

I wonder if you're now getting hit up by all the RE people because your listing contract is over. I don't think they can solicit during a contract. We got one after we had sold...it's like hello people we won't be needing your services.

Old 08-05-2009, 02:20 PM

Teah they're coming out of the woodwork.

The surgery isn't a guarantee-they remove part of the small intestine but that doesn't stop the Chron's. Some people are symptom free for 5 years-some have to have recurring surgeries every year and eventually you have to have the colonostomy (bag). I can see his apprehension.

Old 08-05-2009, 02:48 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
10,948 posts, read 7,427,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
Whoo-Hooo...six days off!!!!!.......when does the PARTY start?
GIRL!! C'mon over--it starts when you arrive!!

Old 08-05-2009, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
You know DP and I are nice folks. I don't get it..Our neighbors in Utah were a nightmare, just hated us, and now this. I am glad to be home in CA where the free can roam... I dont know, maybe it is us..maybe we are just awful awful people. I am starting to get a complex.

Tears again, chat later...
It's not you and Carl! It is the jerks up in WA who are awful people, ya hear?
Quote:
Mr. L's home and he doesn't want the surgery so guess the Remicade. Maybe a 2nd opinion too.
I was wondering what he would choose. Myself, I would choose the Remicade. Only because I have seen firsthand the awesome results one can achieve with this drug. I did a powerpoint presentation on Crohns and UC. I will have to see if I can find it in my computer jungle and post some info for you. It has some info re: remicade on it. I will do that tomorrow -- remind me OK??

Old 08-05-2009, 02:57 PM

Lorrie, How are you and Gary doing tonight? I keep thinking of you both. Hugs to you both....Please know that camp is keeping you and Gary in our prayers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate