Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 05:41 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,350,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Texas, i just saw that! how shocking! he was only 50, too. thanks for the advice!
You are welcome!

As for Michael Jackson, I'm stunned over this news. He was such an incredible performer with a talent almost as large as Elvis's. But, he was a troubled soul. I don't know if the blame should be placed on his abusive upbringing by his father or what...but during his final years, his life was incredibly sad.

The bizarre behavior, failed plastic surgeries, dangling his child over a balcony, the child molestation charges as stated above by another poster would haunt him for a lifetime. Whether or not the charges were true or not, he DID pay over $20 million in a civil law suit re: the molestation charges.

I feel sorry for the life he never had---in spite of all the millions he made, his life was sad. It's true--money cannot buy love or happiness.

May he rest in peace now. And I pray that someone raises his children and teach them what a normal life should be.

Old 06-25-2009, 05:55 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,031,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
OMG!! Michael Jackson is dead. He had an MI, went into cardiac arrest and they were never able to get a pulse back on him.
I almost never watch the news and didn't know. He was my age and as a little girl used to listen to the Jackson 5. But with all the freaky cosmetic surgery he had to where he was more white than me? Dying at such a young age is sad, but in his case I think he brought a lot of it on himself with all of his unnecessary surgeries. Not trying sound heartless, but I can't say I'm too surprised. Heard last night about Ed McMan (sp) and I really liked that guy - grew up watching Tonight Show with Johnny Carson and that made me sad. Guess I need to at least watch the 30 minute CBS news update they have before Letterman so I know what the heck is going on though the news usually just depresses me so . . .

Old 06-25-2009, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
I am so sad that Farrah Fawcett died. I first remember her when she had a guest role on McMillan and Wife and i saw her hair style. The next day I went to my beauty shop and asked my girl if she had seen it. She said no but I told her how she wore her hair and she did mine almost like hers. I wore my hair like that for so many years.
I didn't know that her sister died from cancer at 61 and her mom died from cancer also.
I never cared for Charlie's Angels but loved Farrah in The Burning Bed.
OMG she died too???????????????? They always say they die in 3's, but I really liked her - she was just fab in the burning bed. Now this is sad. God, how depressing.

Old 06-25-2009, 06:14 PM

Default Ok, I'm depressed now so here's a funny

Old 06-25-2009, 06:16 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,261,841 times
Very sad couple days in LA..first Ed McMahon, he had been ill but still sad, then Farrah, which was expected but a little bit of my soul stood still today when I heard she had passed, now MJ..I was never a huge fan of MJ, but he was talented that was sure. My favorite work of his was the Thriller era...but things got so awful wierd with him, he sure never had a 'real' life. Along with Tex, hope someone takes his kids and shows them what 'normal' is.

Old 06-25-2009, 06:17 PM

Ha Ha Joy, that was excellent...

Old 06-25-2009, 06:31 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,813,408 times
Told Mr.L this morning in hosp-Ed Mc Mahon,Farrah Fawcett-bet somebody in H-wood is scared beyond belief as it happens in 3's. They say he never took care of his health-give me a break-didn't he have a hyprebolic chamber he slept in?

There are many "regular" people suffering and dying everyday-sorry guys-but give me a break.

Old 06-25-2009, 06:47 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,338,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Told Mr.L this morning in hosp-Ed Mc Mahon,Farrah Fawcett-bet somebody in H-wood is scared beyond belief as it happens in 3's. They say he never took care of his health-give me a break-didn't he have a hyprebolic chamber he slept in?

There are many "regular" people suffering and dying everyday-sorry guys-but give me a break.

I hear you Lace! He was probably the Elvis of my era but after the child molestation claims-- God will be his judge for that one! I had a diff. take on him..after the whole saga started w/ that!.He was always strange but definitely talented when it came to music...but with all the weird shrouds he would wear and the dangling of the child over the balcony....he definitely had a creepy side....
C21-I have never seen a black person become white within a few years!! wth! Wasn't he in some cryo chamber? LOL....

How is Mr. L doing? Are you getting some rest?

Poor Farrah..They aren't mentioning her death that much now that Michael J..died...

I think like Tex said hopefully the kids will have a NORMAL life now maybe??? IF Debbie Rowe didn't get custody of the children ---who will get the kids???????????????

I bet in a few weeks there will be alot of the Jackson family fighting over Michael's estate...sadly! Latoya and his mom were at the hospital first------I heard Tito hadn;t seen him in a long time...I thought Janet wasn't too close to him anymore????

Old 06-25-2009, 06:50 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,350,881 times
Yes, "regular" people suffer and die every day, but they don't have the impact on the world that these celebrities do. Their death impacts their families and friends, but not the world. My mother or my niece dying--while truly sad for me and my family, have no impact on the world whatsoever. It's kind of like the song Reba sings...."the world didn't stop for my broken heart."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmVx7ZBVp6M

The world does stop for a minute when these huge celebrities die--Elvis, Princess Di, Michael, Farrah, Anna Nicole...the list goes on and on. Whether you are a fan or not--they have had an impact on the world in some way, whether it be the music industry, movies, TV...

MJ dying is the death of an era, as well as Farrah and Ed McMahon. Yes, MJ had issues and hopefully his children will be raised by the right person and learn to know what "normal" is. In spite of his issues, no one can argue what an impact he had on the music industry and pop era.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:47 PM

I am on the fence...when we lose a loved one, our grief is severe and ours..when a celebrity family loses their loved one, their grief is the same, except its all out there for the world to see. I think personally I would rather grieve in the realm of my own little world.

As bizarre as MJ was, and not as popular in the US any longer, he was a king in the rest of the world..they love him in Europe and Asia. I don't get it, but then I don't live there, what do I know. I do know that after the legal charges and stuff I thought he was creepy and wierd.

Anyway, I feel bad that he passed away, but I still ate dinner, as did millions of others...I hope he leaves a good legacy but his family will start fighting each other soon enough for whatever he had left..

Lacey, how is Mr. L. I think actually its much easier for me, anyway, to empathize with you and others that are ill, real folks, than a celebrity. Celebrity is celebrity, and in my mind, a lot of them live a fantasy life. We lead the real thing..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.