Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 12:13 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,437,413 times

Advertisements

Wow Dogmom, You might just have your circle of friends there and wont have to go off anywhere! A British trim guy, hmmm, put him to work at your place, a few drinks and hand him the hammer.

I have come to the conclusion that there are NO GOOD AGENTS IN THE PANHANDLE, dang no wonder the RE has gone to he77 here. Have yet to hear from "Joy" and its 1:15. Called a couple of other agencies this morning and only 1 place even answered the phone. She is looking at this place and getting back with me - when who the hellll knows. But she said she has an associate up here, lives here that is only part time now but IF I would consider them she would like to do a duel listing. She says this gal would show in the late afternoons and evenings and she would do day time hours. Hmm You think maybe we would get a showing??? Can you tell I am completely FED UP???

Old 07-25-2009, 12:26 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,030,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
I am sitting her watching Design to Sell in HGTV. I need to get some decor going here..some panels on th windows. I think I am going to take some pictures later this weekend, we are moving some furnitiure around, and get you girls helping me here with some ideas..Who's game??Count me in!

Ok need finish some stuff..our older son is coming out in a while to hang and stay overnight I hope..he is going to help us move stuff around..also, Sears has a big sale again on appliances, 20% off all appliaces and no payments for 12 mo with sears card, woot! Goin' to Sears..need a new stove and dishwasher, I can sell the old on Craigslist!
There ya have it! And how sweet of DP to water those flowers and you got to meet some of your neighbors. You guys are gonna have a blast when snowbirds start showing up and having get togethers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
morning peeps!

Joy- geesh you are a busy one TOO BUSY! I be tired, Ma

LORRIE- ha- porch sounds nice...there is a lot I can do...only thing is I need help sometime, and my helper will whine incessantly that he is not a carpenter, yet I crack that whip and he finds out he CAN. A little prompting and bitchying can make a boy a man.or a sniveling mess LOL I would not want to be on the end of any whip YOU crack. Ouch!

Hope you enjoy the nice fall weather on that porch. Me too, Lorrie. My landlords are completely remodeling my place (no increase in rent) so I'll have a covered front and back porch, plus they're increasing the size of living areas/kitchen - though this is PA so God only knows when - but at $140 a month in rent, who the heck cares, ya know?

Painter- I mowed a while ago...geesh make that grass slow DOWN- need to find a growth inhibtor, that will keep it green AND short LOL Wonder if they have that?? You could always install astroturf or whatever it is they use on baseball fields LMAO

Speaking of selling stuff....had lady come yesterday for some silk greenery, and found some long panels used on the hoopa from DD's wedding that she got too. Just glad to be rid of the crap LOL
Anyway she stayed like 4 hours ( i reckon I am quite entralling LOL) and we had a grand ole gabfest- she is of a similar mindset when it comes to values, religion, politics, etc. So we figured out how to solve the world problems, NOW if we could implement it LOL She needed some advice and ideas for her DD's impending weeding. I hope she heeds it.......Geesh I had to reel that woman in, the reception was going be insane like a 3 ring circus...told her it sounded to busy...less is more and is way more elegant IMHO.........

okay took a brek, need to go pull a few weeds and such

EVerYONE else HOWDY and hope ALL are having a good day!
So, you sold stuff and gave her words of wisdom! Could be another aspect of your new biz we were joking about before. Have a booth like Lucy in Charlie Brown "Pearls of Wisdom by CrazyMa" LOL

[/quote]

Stoy enjoy Colorado! (and don't forget to point towards summit county and flip the bird to my pseudo)

Old 07-25-2009, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post

I have come to the conclusion that there are NO GOOD AGENTS IN THE PANHANDLE, dang no wonder the RE has gone to he77 here. Have yet to hear from "Joy" and its 1:15. Called a couple of other agencies this morning and only 1 place even answered the phone. She is looking at this place and getting back with me - when who the hellll knows. But she said she has an associate up here, lives here that is only part time now but IF I would consider them she would like to do a duel listing. She says this gal would show in the late afternoons and evenings and she would do day time hours. Hmm You think maybe we would get a showing??? Can you tell I am completely FED UP???
When did she say she was going to call. One time, okay, shi$$ happens, but now again? If she doesn't call tell her forget it - I'm wiling to give someone a break the first time but . . .

On the one where the agent said it would essentially be 2 listing agents, who cares? Same brokerage - 2 for 1 working your house - just each showing it at different times. Might be a good thing, ya know?

Old 07-25-2009, 01:04 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,350,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Went out front to give DP some water, yes I actually went outside. He has been next door watering what plants are left, house is 'contingent sold' for 3 mos now, guessing it will be empty for a while longer, short sale..anyway no use letting the plants all die. Anyway, went out there and DP says come down here and meet our neighbors 2 houses down...Nice couple, down from the weekend from their home in Lake Arrowhead..they will be here full time for the winter. Anyway, he is british and a finish carpenter. Oh my I can't even describe the inside of their place. Now, THATS what you can do with a tract home. Lots of detail moldings, pilars, awesome. Her colors just pop. Anway. had a nice chat, found out once the weather cools several neighbors here on the block have dinners, bbq's, etc...drinks and dessert. WOW! My kind of place. So now I am looking forward to fall and meeting more of these folks..
That's great Barb!! Something to look forward to.

C21: Did I read your post right!?!? You pay ONLY $140.00 rent for your place in PA???

Old 07-25-2009, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post

C21: Did I read your post right!?!? You pay ONLY $140.00 rent for your place in PA???
That be right - panamanian house and small 2/1 though great views, but my landlords are real cool and are going to enlarge it for other reasons than just my comfort LOL and said it won't affect my rent amount. They plant all kinds of beautiful flowers when I'm at work, watch the house when I travel, etc. They like the fact I don't have a million kids/people in the house, I'm a good neighbor, for the most part quiet except when I was watching the NFL playoffs and the election of our new president here (or just want to play music loud - but not late at night). That also includes water/trash/sewer. I pay electric but has never run over $8 a month. Now if I was in one of the fancy gated communities, had a huge house (and especially one owned by gringos) it would be more - but these are real nice Panamanians who themselves are good neighbors, though some of their chickens have almost gone into the crockpot LOL One hen thinks my planter box is a good place to lay her eggs, so when I go to work I always check, then give them their eggs - they are their chickens after all. So yeah, life is good chica!

Old 07-25-2009, 01:45 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,337,896 times
OK GUYS... AC was fun last night but some woman screamed that she won 20,000 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! around the corner from me. She was playing poker slots?.... I was on regular slots and heard her scream...so everyone came near her lol including me lol... Wow, must be nice!!

I didn't win a dime LOL>...but we walked the whole entire boardwalk from Showboat to Trop..........My legs were hurting lol because I had dress sandals on lol......We had a nice evening out. Thanks for all the pre=anniversary wishes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I appreciate it all!!

OK............. 2nd SHOWING today............it was from 10-12noon so we all had to leave.............Same peops from yesterday....BUT we are "second" on list (I already have heard that one before LOL)but 1st home has a contingent offer on it so I don't know why they were loooking at it? unless of course they have COLD, HARD cash!!!!!!

Anyway, stuff was moved around at least today LOL>>>>>>so we will see..... I won't get too excited though......but at least we had a second showing,something we have NEVER had in almost a year!

THIRDLY--------------------OK...wrote the realtor back yesterday *before the second showing call-)and told her we are going FSBO ..............as we had discussed on the phone.........
She sends me an email saying "no, I am sorry but not until the contract is up in NOV!"
Is this woman delirious? WTH!! She cannot make us stay in it...Furthermore, I remember her telling me if we wanted out we could get out of the contract no questions....
Of course after her throwing me a whammy telling me to do a short sale!!! Wow. I am still shocked. What a biotch....

Old 07-25-2009, 02:13 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,017,930 times
Bittersweet, Nj, 2nd showing then that crap. ugh.
lacey, have fun!! glad you're getting out there!

Old 07-25-2009, 02:22 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,350,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
THIRDLY--------------------OK...wrote the realtor back yesterday *before the second showing call-)and told her we are going FSBO ..............as we had discussed on the phone.........
She sends me an email saying "no, I am sorry but not until the contract is up in NOV!"
Is this woman delirious? WTH!! She cannot make us stay in it...Furthermore, I remember her telling me if we wanted out we could get out of the contract no questions....
Of course after her throwing me a whammy telling me to do a short sale!!! Wow. I am still shocked. What a biotch....
Anne, did you sign a contract with her? You can always make excuses not to show the house...or have the house unavailable for her to show it...although I don't think that is in your best interest...

Jody or Joy might have better advice.

Old 07-25-2009, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
OK GUYS... AC was fun last night but some woman screamed that she won 20,000 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! around the corner from me. She was playing poker slots?.... I was on regular slots and heard her scream...so everyone came near her lol including me lol... Wow, must be nice!!

I didn't win a dime LOL>...but we walked the whole entire boardwalk from Showboat to Trop..........My legs were hurting lol because I had dress sandals on lol......We had a nice evening out. Thanks for all the pre=anniversary wishes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I appreciate it all!!

OK............. 2nd SHOWING today............it was from 10-12noon so we all had to leave.............Same peops from yesterday....BUT we are "second" on list (I already have heard that one before LOL)but 1st home has a contingent offer on it so I don't know why they were loooking at it? unless of course they have COLD, HARD cash!!!!!!

Anyway, stuff was moved around at least today LOL>>>>>>so we will see..... I won't get too excited though......but at least we had a second showing,something we have NEVER had in almost a year!

Well, schedule an appointment with her and the MB - think what I suggested before, then the whole SS thing. That's why I want everything in writing - phone calls don't cut it with me 'cause too easy for weasles to back out - she's probably doing this now because she knew before hand about 2nd showing so she's changing her tune. Talk to the MB, lay everything out and say WTF???? "First she says okay, 'advises' me to ruin my credit and do a SS, now says oh, no - you have to wait until November." Then lay out to the MB ALL of the BS you've gone through and WHY you wanted to cancel to begin with. (and remind them that while good news travels, bad news travels even faster). If you have your ducks in a row any decent MB will let you out - or at the very least just register these ppl with second showing in case they do buy while you're FSBO.

Old 07-25-2009, 03:46 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,337,896 times
^^^^^^^^^^^^C21 ,TEX ,STOY.................
thank you for excellent advice girlfriends!! You always have my back.

Sadly, we did get an offer..........................Get your puke bucket out...It's WORSE than the 1st offer...264,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WE AREN'T the only ones he made an offer to.

I just want to lay down and cry. It gets better. Agent tells me he looked at 6 homes and put the SAME EXACT OFFER AMT. in to the other homes. wtf. He doesn't care obviously. I wasted 4 hrs. of our time for 2 days straight.

I am so mad I want to spit bullets. I told the realtor don't insult us. and on top he wants another 10k for closing costs. I told realtor to tell him to bite me.
Would someone just shoot me now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.