Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 08:26 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times

Advertisements

NJ put her in a rocking chair tied on top of your car a la that Vacation movie, where they had the old aunt on top of the car...

She yelled at you??? wow you have more patience than I do..now when is she heading back to where she lives again???

Old 07-30-2009, 08:31 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,347,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
NJ put her in a rocking chair tied on top of your car a la that Vacation movie, where they had the old aunt on top of the car...

She yelled at you??? wow you have more patience than I do..now when is she heading back to where she lives again???

She is leaving on a jet plane next Tues. riding to airport with my husband *since he is going to the airport where he works---she will tag along with him right back to Cape Cod..LOL*.......whew. What a day!! I told her it was gross that she didn't shower;/bathe...AFTER she yelled at me. It had to come out. I couldn't take it anymore.........
LMAO at the Vacation comment. LOL.........rofl... Check my thread out --scroll above to find the thread................I gave it to C21..to look at LOL.

I feel sorry for the poor bastaaa@rd has to sit next to her on the plane going home. OMG!

Old 07-30-2009, 08:34 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,595,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post

Goldie!!!!!! I am sure C21 can find the song and dig it up for me LOL....... Thanks girl!! Too quiet in here now LOL.............

Thanks. I hope this is it..........but we will see...Last I heard she was looking at alot of homes...Hopefully at the top......I will stay positive and have a can of Febreeze on hand now knowing I know there is no hope of MIL taking a bath anytime soon. Hell, my husband can hold her hand outside the shower curtain while she showers..Just let the damn water fall and throw some soap on your parts..................and the folds......
ROFL...I must check out that thread Maybe you should get on the circuit in NY or sumthing NJ, you seem like a natural born comic LOL!!!!

Old 07-30-2009, 08:36 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,347,457 times
MIL is visiting- refuses to take shower/bath!!90 degrees!
Here ya go! Enjoy!!

Old 07-30-2009, 09:45 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,046,770 times
Quote:
She is leaving on a jet plane next Tues. riding to airport with my husband *since he is going to the airport where he works---she will tag along with him right back to Cape Cod..LOL*.......whew. What a day!! I told her it was gross that she didn't shower;/bathe...AFTER she yelled at me. It had to come out. I couldn't take it anymore.........
LMAO at the Vacation comment. LOL.........rofl... Check my thread out --scroll above to find the thread................I gave it to C21..to look at LOL.

I feel sorry for the poor bastaaa@rd has to sit next to her on the plane going home. OMG!
Well who knows, maybe he'll be into smelly women LOL or the frickin' flight attendent will drag her into the bathroom and wash her down -health hazard to fellow passengers and all that. I'll bet this one could wrestle her into the bath

Old 07-30-2009, 09:58 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,046,770 times
Default MIL, ya listening?

YouTube - The Addams Family Theme Song

Old 07-30-2009, 10:01 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,595,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Well who knows, maybe he'll be into smelly women LOL or the frickin' flight attendent will drag her into the bathroom and wash her down -health hazard to fellow passengers and all that. I'll bet this one could wrestle her into the bath
LMAO is that a he transitioning to a she or a *really* manly looking she!!!!!

So how did you hook up with your pilot husband NJ???? Just curious, if you don't mind spilling?

Old 07-30-2009, 10:44 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,372,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
Texas he will be going to junior college. With all the schools cutting back giving out scholarships he really has no choice. He has had a 4.0 GPA several times during his years in HS and it does go between 3.8 and 4.0. He also has a letter in HS backetball so any other time no problem with a school snatching him up. The junior collage will be good for him though since he can decide what he wants to major in during the two years.
That is great that he is furthering his education!
Quote:
We had a showing today!!!! Of course I just got to the gym and had to turn around. I told her can you give me an extra 1/2 hr..and blah blah story about they are down from Fl........and actually it turned out to be a woman sitting in her SUV in front of our house this am... Had another car drive by slowly and park too! Maybe the 13k drop will help...............

The agent is out of the same real estate agency as mine...Showed 4 homes....and as they pulled up I was rushing around and thought they would be in other home for more than 5 min. but that was it. They stayed in our house for 45 min! so we will see.... I drove by twice and noticed...........When I had left they were coming across the street.....one can hope but who knows. Fingers crossed. Prayers needed! thanks all!

I ran to the trash can outside and fell on the cement and bent my toes backwards and hurt my hands lol............ Im lying there for 20 seconds lol and finally got up lol..................
OUCH!! One time I fell in my driveway taking my trash out ...I laid out there for 10 minutes because I couldn't get back up. I ended up tearing ligaments in my ankle, along with a bad sprain. I was in PT for over a month because of it!!! I had to literally crawl back into my house...could not stand. It was early in the morning ...I was new to the neighborhood...and was very thankful that no-one saw me!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Oh crap NJS-hope you're okay-did you include your MIL in the contract?
OMG! Lace--you cracked me up over this one!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyrose View Post
I remember having to "HAVE" an angora sweater, because that was what all the COOL girls wore..never have owned one..but the one I had my picture taken in was close substitute~
LOL! Me too! I had to have an angora cow neck sweater for my Sr pic. Remember cow necks?!?!?
Quote:
this is ridiculous!!

Tex I took your advice told my husband to tell his mother to shower/bath after almost 2 weeks..... then I come in from weedwacking and she yells at me that she is not taking a bath!!! that I dont know her case...wtf! I said my 86 year old grandfather took a bath/shower and at least cleaned himself. She started yelling at me!!

wth would you do now. I had to walk away. I told her it was unhealthy and poor hygiene not to shower/bathe... when it's 90 degrees out!!
STINK. STANK. STUNK.. I need some Grinch music...........
WTH would I do??? You are asking the wrong person!!! I would drag her stinky a$$ into the shower and bathe her myself! (I did this with my own mother because she was refusing to take a bath). I told her she was absolutely bathing and no ands, if's or but's about it. I literally scrubbed her myself. My siblings were all laughing when they heard about it. You need to tell her to either bathe or go home now....well you only have 4 more days....BUT I would make it CLEAR to your husband that she is NO LONGER welcome to stay in your home again for an extended period of time unless she agrees to showering and bathing. What is your husband saying about all this--her yelling at you and refusing to bathe? OK...I will have to read your new thread you started on this subject!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
That's not too bad. We end up spending around 3k on every vacation we take lately. It seems like it would add up to more though with all the extras like dog boarding, tanning beforehand, clothes for the trip etc. LOL Of course you should be drinking on that cruise I wouldn't suggest any other way!

Wow sounds nice...we had to do an overhaul on our bathroom too right before listing and I think it paid off! Good luck with your recent showing as well!
Thanks Gold! Yeah...I didn't think that was too bad for a week long cruise. I will probably budget more money for alcohol because I do want to enjoy some cocktails! I work hard all year and I deserve it. Any chance you can come with us?
Quote:

Oh geez...that poor person who has to sit next to her! I feel for them. I am glad and proud of you that you told her how gross it was not to shower or bathe.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:47 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Barb I vote #1 to the floor, one panel each side, double in the center.
Lace, that's the sueded grommet panel then? You wouldn't do a cornice...i thought a cornice would tie them all in tgether....these are all at tuesday morning so going to check them out in person...thanks for checking it out for me, I really having a tough time with this!

Old 07-30-2009, 11:04 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,372,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Lace, that's the sueded grommet panel then? You wouldn't do a cornice...i thought a cornice would tie them all in tgether....these are all at tuesday morning so going to check them out in person...thanks for checking it out for me, I really having a tough time with this!
I left my vote on your pics! I vote for the colonial or Harvard cornices for ALL windows and sliding door.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate