Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 07:41 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,018,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
rofl c21!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMFG. LOL I love it.
How sad that it's true, huh? Think a lot of sellers need to send to their agents - along with the sucky button. Geesh!

Hey Lacey, must have missed your update about Mr. L. 'cause, well . . . I didn't get past the first page this morning -saw on the food site about Mr. L. and prayers for you both.

Today just a sucky day all around. XXOO to all my amigas (wish there was a smootch smilie)

Old 08-04-2009, 09:19 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,013,625 times
Hi all, got back from vacation earlier tonight. will catch up tomorrow!! hope everyone is good!

Old 08-04-2009, 09:32 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,013,625 times
Lorrie, i am so sorry for your loss. Hugs.

Old 08-04-2009, 09:52 PM

2,361 posts, read 4,848,068 times
Hi all, just a quick check in with all of you to see how everything is going. Seems we are all still on the same downward slope of the roller coaster!!

I'm currently up in PA as our 35th wedding anniversary was yesterday. I decided to come up for 3 weeks, plus go up and see DD for a long weekend. Hoping to go back on the 19th.

The past two days have been a giant mixture of ups and down with the house. We haven't had a showing for a couple of months, so we decided to do some work on the house. We are in the middle of painting the outside and.....you guessed it....our agent calls with a showing! Hubby and I are out for the day for our anniversary, which we have planned out for a month or so, and in the middle of an area without cell phone coverage. So we ran home to find 2 messages on the machine from our agent being frantic about us confirming the appt. I called the agent and said OK, but unfortunately our house is only 1/2 painted and they need to understand that. So we had to take 3 hours out of our carefully planned day to clean the house (remember I am home from SC, so my stuff is everywhere and everything that I have brought with me to take to DD's and everything I have bought to take home is scattered everywhere). We finally get it done and leave for the rest of our day. Came back home and couldn't figure out if anyone had been there or not (we NEVER get a card and virtually never get a call). So I dig out everything from where we have stuffed it.

Today I had to travel to a place near Pgh to go to my gyn (about an hour down pretty much back roads). The trip was better than normal, the visit went very well and I had plans to go to JoAnn's (none in Charlotte area), eat lunch and then Michaels.....just a nice day out for me. While sitting in JoAnn's looking at patterns DH calls and says that they people from last night want to come again. WOW! This is the first time for a second visit. He says the guy is working on the painting and for me to come home fairly quickly. I tell him OK, I'm almost done at JoAnn's, will make a quick stop at Michaels and skip lunch and should be home by 3. I leave JoAnn's and my day takes an immediate turn downhill. As I'm coming up the road I get into the left turn lane and some stupid b%&Q*h decides that she is too lazy to go the 100 feet to the red light to make a left hand turn out of the restaurant, so she cuts through the 2 lines of traffic sitting at the red light and broadsides me!!! (Texas......this was in Monroeville, so you probably know what I'm talking about). Luckily neither one of us was going that fast, but basically she plowed her front bumper right into my right hand passenger door. Absolutely nothing on her car is damaged, but my door is totally caved in since she hit it right at the outward curved crumple zone. I sat in the car about 2 minutes until I got myself under control so that I wouldn't tell her exactly what kind of idiot does something like that! And she had 2 kids with her which weren't even in car seats....probably distracted her. Anyway, wouldn't you know that she has Esurance. I have State Farm but for some reason they won't deal with Esurance unless I pay my $250 deductible up front and then they "try" to get it back for me!! To avoid that I had to call Esurance myself to report everything. My agent did at least talk to the woman to find out what was going on. Why the h-e-1-1 do I pay SF $600/year if I have to do it myself?????? So now I have to talk to the adjuster for Esurance tomorrow, and my agent claims that the woman says she doesn't feel it was all HER fault!!! What part of.....I'm coming up a legal turning lane and you are cutting through 2 lanes of standstill traffic, past which you don't have a prayer of seeing what is coming, do you think is wrong!?!?!?!? What a way to ruin a perfectly good day.........just once I wish God would allow me to have a good day from start to finish.

Anyway, our agents told DH today that the people "loved" our house, but he said they always say that. Unfortunately another house down the road just sold for less than ours. Outwardly they both look about the same, but inside ours is 10 times as nice. Not sure buyers care about that, though. They bought it for a really lowball number just over a year ago, but they weren't married and broke up so had to sell. They made $15 grand on it, but since they really lowballed originally, it was still less than ours. We'll have to see. I just want this done. Hopefully the fact that we are painting outside will count for something. We are pulling some landscaping that has gotten overgrown and will continue our plans unless they make an offer and don't want us to pull out the other stuff.

Well, that's my saga for today. I still can't believe that I kept my cool and even better kept my mouth shut. Hopefully I can continue tomorrow with the adjuster (and after my mammogram!).

Old 08-04-2009, 10:19 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,333,194 times
Aaahhh Roth---I know exactly where you are talking about...I live 5 minutes from Monroeville. What a stupid B****H! Were the police called to the scene? I hope you told them the kids were not in car seats! Let me know if you need anything while in town. I am off Thur--Tues. Is your car even driveable? Who is your realtor?

Well, hopefully out of all this mess will come and great offer for your house!

Old 08-04-2009, 11:10 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,575,565 times
eww Roth what a head-ache or should I say migraine. Best of luck with your insurance and home sale!

Looks like it was not the best of days around here to say the least

Hope your ok Lorrie and Lacey and Mr.

Old 08-04-2009, 11:39 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,251,465 times
No not a good day..I am still weepy and sad for Lorrie and hubby. Its not right. Words just totally escape me.

Roth, pits about the car accident, glad you are ok, that is the most important thing. I have been thinking a lot about he piddly things that bother me but in the scheme of thing most of the stuff I fret about is ridiculous. I am going to try to concentrate on my friends here, in person and family, and try to make things good for them if I can. I am way too selfish at times. So what if I have some chronic stuff going on, others have worse..

Anyway, I am very weepy and think I am going to sign off..love you all my friends
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j135/bboyack/Graphics/qcgirls478.jpg (broken link)

Old 08-04-2009, 11:52 PM

2,361 posts, read 4,848,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Aaahhh Roth---I know exactly where you are talking about...I live 5 minutes from Monroeville. What a stupid B****H! Were the police called to the scene? I hope you told them the kids were not in car seats! Let me know if you need anything while in town. I am off Thur--Tues. Is your car even driveable? Who is your realtor?

Well, hopefully out of all this mess will come and great offer for your house!
We didn't call the police because we were causing a major hazard just sitting in the middle of the road. Might have been a mistake, but who knows. I was going from JoAnn's up to the Michaels so I was going east on 22. She pulled from the KFC right before the intersection there at Michaels/PetSmart and wanted to go back towards Pgh. I can't believe that she was too lazy to go out the back way of KFC and out through the red light! And I can't believe she thinks any of this is my fault!! You KNOW how busy 22 through Monroeville is during the day and this was about 1:30 right after lunch. I know people pull that same stupid stunt all the time there, so I'm sure there have been lots more accidents. I basically just don't want to deal or even talk to her. That's why I wanted SF to take care of it.

The only thing I have is a dented door, nothing else. And it can still even be opened and closed, so yes I am driving it. But I was really hoping to be able to get it fixed before I went back down to SC because we know a good body place up here that is State Farm approved and I also have DH to pick me up and take me back instead of bothering the neighbors. But who knows what will happen with Esurance. Everytime I look at the door I get PO'ed all over again.

Yes hopefully we will get an offer. I think that DH is finally agreeable to do some bargaining. He is getting tired of the upkeep and doing all the cleaning himself when there is a showing. Plus he is finally getting tired of giving interest money to Chase for the other house. Of course I'm also a bit ticked that it took his brother to make him see that it needed a coat of paint............I told him that when we first put it on the market over a year ago!! But does he listen to me??? NO!

Old 08-04-2009, 11:55 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,575,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
No not a good day..I am still weepy and sad for Lorrie and hubby. Its not right. Words just totally escape me.

Roth, pits about the car accident, glad you are ok, that is the most important thing. I have been thinking a lot about he piddly things that bother me but in the scheme of thing most of the stuff I fret about is ridiculous. I am going to try to concentrate on my friends here, in person and family, and try to make things good for them if I can. I am way too selfish at times. So what if I have some chronic stuff going on, others have worse..

Anyway, I am very weepy and think I am going to sign off..love you all my friends
Well said Dog!!!! I can relate!

Lorrie, my dh never had dogs or animals until he met me and I kinda forced them upon him. Now he loves them like they are his kids. They give unconditional love as you know. They don't care if you look pretty or even smell good and are always there for kisses and to sit in your lap! They (pets) can always make us laugh when we are down. CoCo is at rainbow bridge and has met your other Pom and is in dog paradise until she can meet up with you and your dh again some day..take comfort in that!!

Old 08-05-2009, 06:33 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,779,907 times
Morning all and Lorrie I am so very sorry-so profoundly sad for that poor baby!

Roth-praying you get an offer and both of you head to SC!

Mr. L's having CT scan #14 this morning and options are surgery to remove that section or Remicade IV. I know what I would opt for but not my body.

Phones been ringing with realtors calling and piles of letters begging for our business-yeah right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate