Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 12:03 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,043,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Joy the shrubs are very happy.

Old 08-15-2009, 12:04 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,593,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post

Boy those people went all out!!!

Old 08-15-2009, 12:05 PM

1,261 posts, read 4,270,213 times
NJ,
How scary! I'm glad it wasn't more serious.

I have to go shopping today for school clothes. I'm looking forward to it since I enjoy shopping. My left eye is irritated at the moment for some reason (woke up that way) and I'm waiting for it to start feeling better first. I used eye drops, but they haven't really worked yet. :-/ I don't want to go out with an irritated, bloodshot eye.

I'm very annoyed with the clerk of court. I received a jury summons a week or two ago and then mailed off my letter a day or two ago explaining why it might not be possible to appear. And that if they insist, I'll probably have to bring my children with me. (They don't want children there since there's no child care.) They want me at the court in High Point (about 30-45 minutes from here) at 8:30 AM on September 2nd and there's no way I can make it all the way to High Point by 8:30 after dropping my kids off at school at 8:15.

I received a response from the clerk of court today telling me that my request has been denied and I have to be there. If my mom can't get her boss to rearrange her schedule on that day, then my kids will have to go with me. (Dh is in ND and will still be there in early September, if not longer.) I won't have any other choice.

And what if I get chosen for jury duty? Ugh. For one, I'm not the least bit interested in serving on a jury. For another, it could be a real hassle, if not impossible, to find someone to watch my kids for however long a trial might last. I'm highly annoyed.

Old 08-15-2009, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Texas,

That's a great story about how you got the name Watson for your pup. The picture with the BMD is amazing. How did your first night go? Great post Goldie! A vet told us once that dogs can't resist cat food. Maybe try a little of that to get him eating. Hope that isn't bad advice as we never had a small dog, only medium to large size.

Thanks for all the well wishes for the showing today. Love ya all.
Thx Tambre. I couldn't believe in your mother story when you said she told you to get down the road. You are so nice what the hell would possess her? I really hope you get some action from your showing!

Old 08-15-2009, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Good morning all. wonder how tex's night went. our first night with our girl, she last 5 minutes in the crate. my husband couldnt bear her crying. so she's been sleeping in our bed ever since.
What kind of dog is she Stoy? I keep mine in crate as it keeps them calm and in my Poms case quiet...I think they would wake me up numerous times during the night otherwise, but yeah my Golden was out at night.

I thought that was funny what you said about possibly having a weak puppy moment after hearing about Watson.

Old 08-15-2009, 12:11 PM

Hey C'ma you have mentioned your bio family a couple times...not to be nosy and I know you're a busy screwing, but if you ever care to share, how you met up with them after being adopted just shoot.

Old 08-15-2009, 12:14 PM

Tex great things went so smoothly with Watsons first night, I said he was a keeper I'm wondering how he wouldn't have to pee by now though

Old 08-15-2009, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki View Post
NJ,
How scary! I'm glad it wasn't more serious.

I have to go shopping today for school clothes. I'm looking forward to it since I enjoy shopping. My left eye is irritated at the moment for some reason (woke up that way) and I'm waiting for it to start feeling better first. I used eye drops, but they haven't really worked yet. :-/ I don't want to go out with an irritated, bloodshot eye.

I'm very annoyed with the clerk of court. I received a jury summons a week or two ago and then mailed off my letter a day or two ago explaining why it might not be possible to appear. And that if they insist, I'll probably have to bring my children with me. (They don't want children there since there's no child care.) They want me at the court in High Point (about 30-45 minutes from here) at 8:30 AM on September 2nd and there's no way I can make it all the way to High Point by 8:30 after dropping my kids off at school at 8:15.

I received a response from the clerk of court today telling me that my request has been denied and I have to be there. If my mom can't get her boss to rearrange her schedule on that day, then my kids will have to go with me. (Dh is in ND and will still be there in early September, if not longer.) I won't have any other choice.

And what if I get chosen for jury duty? Ugh. For one, I'm not the least bit interested in serving on a jury. For another, it could be a real hassle, if not impossible, to find someone to watch my kids for however long a trial might last. I'm highly annoyed.
I have been able to get out of jury duty. They also said I had to physically appear after receiving the summons and I told them by mail why I couldn't. At the ninth hour I had to call a recording and they said I wouldn't be needed after all even for the selection process. You might have to sit through the selection process, but you should be able to get out of the actual duty when you tell them why you would make a crappy juror because of your extenuating circumstances ie kids etc.

Old 08-15-2009, 12:18 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,843,220 times
Niki-just state when you get there that you're feeling is if someone's on trial-therefore they are guilty in your eyes.

Joy-funny pix.

Old 08-15-2009, 12:33 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,043,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
I have been able to get out of jury duty. They also said I had to physically appear after receiving the summons and I told them by mail why I couldn't. At the ninth hour I had to call a recording and they said I wouldn't be needed after all even for the selection process. You might have to sit through the selection process, but you should be able to get out of the actual duty when you tell them why you would make a crappy juror because of your extenuating circumstances ie kids etc.
Good to hear it, Goldy - I got real lucky 'cause I worked with attorneys for so long; no one wanted me on the jury LOL background working with prosecutors and defense attorneys? NO ONE wanted me and I was way cool with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate