Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 12:26 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,869,422 times

Advertisements

Sara.......Sorry to hear about your Dad. Prayers that everything turns out to be NO cancer! My Dad was my hero and I miss him every day. Still hurts a lot and I have a hard time thinking about him without crying and it's been 11 years. PM me if you want to call and talk.....my phone number has changed.

Tex....I also used 2 different products for HW and fleas. Our dog loved the chewable HeartGard. But that was several years ago, so maybe they have changed since then. Maybe because he is so small they did a combine. You just want to be sure about it because heartworms are terrible. Not sure about other products, but I do know that animals were having severe reactions to Hartz flea products, some even died. Again, that was several years ago. I do know that I got annoyed with them because I found out that cedar bedding is not good for hamsters, etc. as it can affect their respiratory system. I felt a company that caters to animals shouldn't have been selling that stuff when it is known to cause problems. I think that was what killed DD's first hamster.

I'm now back in SC. Got back yesterday evening. The body shop stepped it up and did my car in 2 days instead of 3. And not only did they fix the car, but they power washed it, swept out the inside and cleaned my dashboard and windows.....WOW!! Anyway, I got them to come pick me up and I got it on Wednesday and came back yesterday. Hubby says, "don't you want to stay another day??". Let me think....um....NO! Neighbors came out to welcome me home and give me hugs and told me they missed me! I think that was more than I got from hubby upon arrival in PA! Another one called this morning to welcome me home when she saw my car back in the driveway this morning. I LOVE South Carolina!!! Of course it took me about 4 hours to unload the car and get everything put away.

To those on the east coast......be safe with thunderstorms and hurricanes!

Old 08-21-2009, 12:27 PM

959 posts, read 1,823,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
THANK YOU JOY,TEX,LACE,TAMBRE,GOLDIE,LORRIE and anyone I missed who was thinking of my little girl and us!!!! I missed you all.

I havent had a chance to peruse the threads yet but wanted to say thank you for all your kind words about my daughter( (1 week ago today!)

Anyway, her swelling in lid went down but taking her to eye surgeon so they can see with the special scopes for the eye and not just a little lighted scope ...
Funny now contacted the corporate headquarters and now I am getting **** from them, that MAYBE they will cover any remaining billls???? Funny since manager admitted straight out that they shouldhave had rubber stoppers on those sharp metal poles that hold up the socks...Nice,. no sorry about your daughter,.Funny how things turn around. She said no I have to pay the copays etc...and pay eveyrthing in FULL--ambulance etc...that they MAY pay remainder? wtf! I am not sue happy and am thankful my daughter never lost her eye but they should at least cover this since it happ. in their store. We will see. Only so much my daughter can tell me at 4.5 years old........
I am so mad as I type this!!!!

We did have a showing yesterday ..noticed lights were on last night....seemed interested. They were coming from PA and just sold their house there...and want to live here. Saya prayer
I missed you all and hope eveyrone is doing good.Will write more later. Gotta go and get 4 new tires for my old Mafia Mercedes! ah many miles on it.....but I love it....

Florida woman still interested but I told realtor put a fricckin offer in already!! cant make anyone buy though. Definitely looks like one across street went throuh since it is off realtor.com now....

More later....x0x0x0
Correct me if I am wrong but if you pay everything in full, there will not be any remainder left for THEM to pay! They are idiots and I would push this one. They should have had rubber stoppers on those poles.

Kristine

Old 08-21-2009, 02:48 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,519,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Good ones Kristine.

Hi NJS-welcome home and hope the showing equals and offer.

UW-you will be sold before you know it.

Had blood work this morning early and bummer! I had stopped my cholesterol meds about 6 wks ago (on my own). Damn eating like a rabbit for 14 months, down 70 lbs (that was the MN weight I gained from "depression eating" since moving here)-was so anxious to get numbers and my bad doubled! So back on meds. He said my body must just produce it.

Tambre is it really humid today again?

Lacey great about the weight loss but i know how you feel about your Cholesterol numbers. A few years ago I stopped my meds since tummy had enough. 20 years ago total numbers were 333 and after I stopped for 6 month a few years ago he gave me another blood test and the numbers were once again in the 300's. He also said as well as my doctors when they first found out how high i was in ca that it was from the gene pool in my family. Really don't know since my parents never had their Cholesterol checked. So many years ago i don't think they even thought about it. I am on another med and it is working fine but it is not a statin. It raises the Good cholesterol but it is for high triclygerides which i don't have and High cholesterol.. It works great. It is called tricor.

Old 08-21-2009, 02:51 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,841,918 times
Hi Lorrie-I've been on Advicor so back on it tonight.

Old 08-21-2009, 02:53 PM

With all that has been going on i forgot to say my # 2 grandson's Babe ruth Team is going to Utah for the world series. Yep they made it. I am so happy for him wish i could also go and see him.

Pics of the two puppies. You really cannot see them but she will take a picture when they are awake.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pups.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	47480

Old 08-21-2009, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Hi Lorrie-I've been on Advicor so back on it tonight.
Why did you stop Lacey? Trying the weight loss first. Hubby who is a big man has great levels lower then 190 so go figure. Life is sometimes not fair.

Old 08-21-2009, 03:22 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,841,918 times
Lorrie because I had lost the weight have eaten healthy for 14 mos-not one fried thing-all low fat, loads of greens-I really was testing it. I hate taking meds and being I'm off BP I thought why not. I really do not believe all this crap about cholesterol-the way my grandparents ate and they lived into their 90's.

Old 08-21-2009, 06:54 PM

Lacey funny you should say that because I also have my doubts. I hate to take the chance if I am wrong and stop the meds.

Old 08-21-2009, 08:23 PM

486 posts, read 983,598 times
Lorrie,
The pups are so CUTE!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
With all that has been going on i forgot to say my # 2 grandson's Babe ruth Team is going to Utah for the world series. Yep they made it. I am so happy for him wish i could also go and see him.
Pics of the two puppies. You really cannot see them but she will take a picture when they are awake.
Attachment 47480
Hammy,
I'm glad to hear you and your loved ones are safe and sound.

Cma,
Lots of hugs coming your way for you and your dad, keep your head up and stay positive.

Barb,
All the best for your kitty!

Tambre,
Stay safe. :-)

NJ,
Welcome back!!!!

ALL CAMPERS!
Guess what??
They accepted my offer, now I have to coordinate the inspection and start the mortgage process!!
The mortgage broker told me it takes, on average, 75 to 120 days. I wanted to fall out of my chair!
I'm going on Monday to give him all the documents he's requesting to try to expedite this process. I'm calling an inspector tomorrow to see how soon we can get the inspection done.
I went to see the house with my dad (he was a camperter for over 30 years) and we're both scratching our heads to try and figure out how to re-arrange the first floor apartment to make sure we use the square footage as best we can. Unfortunately, the plumbing is all on one side of the house and I"m thinking we should either move the bath or the kitchen to the other side. However, I'm afraid that might be too expensive. We'll see. I feel I'm going a mile a minute here!! So much to do, so little time. anyways, I wanted to share the good news. I can't wait to get this inspection done!! :-)

Old 08-22-2009, 12:26 AM

1,261 posts, read 4,270,016 times
Congratulation, GF!

Tambre,
I meet with whoever it is I'm supposed to meet with on September 2nd. I guess I'll find out then (or soon after) if I'm chosen for jury duty.

Is it true they usuall say "no" to someone who says they're against the death penalty? Of course, I may not even be chosen for a case where the death penalty would be an option. I hope not anyway. Ugh. I really wouldn't want that kind of burden on my shoulders. I have enough to deal with.

I have high cholesterol too because of PCOS. (I wrote about this disease at my blog.) Mine wouldn't go down on its own either. They put me on 20 mil of Lipitor at first and that didn't work. Now I'm on 40, but I often forget to take it. I might take it 2-3 times a week. I know, it can't work if I don't take it. :-/ I'm also taking fish oil pills. (It's supposed to help cholesterol levels.) But like the Lipitor, I often forget to take it.

Altogether, I take five pills a day for my PCOS symptoms. Well, I'm supposed to be taking 5 pills a day, but I only remember to take 2 of them on most days. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate