Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 08:32 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,043,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Hey campers, we are back from our houseboatin' weekend..layin low today, got in at 5 am after a 700+ mile drive. Will catch up...
Hey girl glad you made it back - whew! what a drive. How is sis's dog doing? Hope you guys had fun and you took it easy.

Kristine Looking forward to hearing good news about our new niece

Lacey I do like your description of the camp 'keeps us fairly sane' LOL Yip - sums it up and maybe should be the status description - 'friends keeping friends fairly sane' and take it easy? In my wildest dreams girlfriend!

Teralmc welcome to the camp!

Tex & Goldy had my assistant call my landlord and it was for a birthday party and they got special permission. Thing is I wouldn't mind if the guy had a little restaurant and played 'soft' music, but boom-boom, shakin' the house, can't sleep music - woke up with headache and not in the best of moods. There's nowhere up here for the locals to go which again is why I wouldn't mind if low noise levels, etc. and the guy could make some money. Anyway, that aside was special occasion not regular happening THANK GOD! I was a biatch on wheels today 'cause of noise, fighting chickens (or God only knows what) right b4 the roosters do their normal 4 to 4:15AM brief 'hello' to each other, then first call I get this morning on my personal cell is 'I need to speak to someone who speaks spanish' Girls, hadn't even had my coffee yet!

So Tex how'd Watson do today? Think that's a good idea about sitter. When I travel I have someone come in, make sure bowl in his feeder full, water and play with him a bit. Make him a little less lonely when I'm gone. And on feeling lethargic, he's also still a baby so wearing out as well as all the adjustments he's gone through in such a short period of time. Hard being a mama 'cause we're always worrying. Give that boy of yours a hug from Auntie

NJ what can I say except we're glad to have you back home! With you and Dogmom both gone, camp wasn't the same. How's DD eye and, dare I ask, anything 'positive' from insurance companies? Course positive and insurance company in the same sentence is an oxymoron.

Tambre so how'd your day go today? Any news on anything?????

Though we still have a very important camper MIA - Cma how are things with you - know you've got a lot of your plate and we've all missed you. When you can, let us know how you are.

So to anyone I didn't mention, lack of sleep - watching Cold Case, another show I like and chillin' with a brewskie. Albert is already sitting looking at the bedroom door - when mama doesn't sleep good, neither does kitty LOL

Old 08-24-2009, 09:39 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,043,447 times
Default Leavin' ya with a chuckle - The Blonde Antelope

Old 08-24-2009, 10:16 PM

2,791 posts, read 10,805,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Hey campers, we are back from our houseboatin' weekend..layin low today, got in at 5 am after a 700+ mile drive. Will catch up...
hope you had a good time. I wish I could catch up
I wish you all well

Old 08-24-2009, 10:53 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,367,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Tex & Goldy had my assistant call my landlord and it was for a birthday party and they got special permission. Thing is I wouldn't mind if the guy had a little restaurant and played 'soft' music, but boom-boom, shakin' the house, can't sleep music - woke up with headache and not in the best of moods. There's nowhere up here for the locals to go which again is why I wouldn't mind if low noise levels, etc. and the guy could make some money. Anyway, that aside was special occasion not regular happening THANK GOD! I was a biatch on wheels today 'cause of noise, fighting chickens (or God only knows what) right b4 the roosters do their normal 4 to 4:15AM brief 'hello' to each other, then first call I get this morning on my personal cell is 'I need to speak to someone who speaks spanish' Girls, hadn't even had my coffee yet!

So Tex how'd Watson do today? Think that's a good idea about sitter. When I travel I have someone come in, make sure bowl in his feeder full, water and play with him a bit. Make him a little less lonely when I'm gone. And on feeling lethargic, he's also still a baby so wearing out as well as all the adjustments he's gone through in such a short period of time. Hard being a mama 'cause we're always worrying. Give that boy of yours a hug from Auntie
Glad to hear the "Boom boom" isn't going to be a regular occurence. That would grow old real fast.

Watson pooped on my carpet today--first time he did that! Then I had him outside for over 1/2 hr and nothing! Then not even 5 minutes after I bring him in, he pees on my carpet.

I called the breeder today and she said "No way should he be eating a full cup of food per day...he's only 3-4 lbs, he should only be taking in about 1/4 cup, maybe a 1/3 cup of dog food per day." She also told me not to walk him that I am burning up too many calories and I will risk hypoglycemia. I have to ask Lorrie about the stuff you squeeze in his mouth for hypoglycemia. Lorrie??? And how do you even know if he's hypoglycemic??? Puppies sleep alot and he is doing that.

Barb: WELCOME HOME GIRL!! Missed ya!! How is Cindy's cat doing? How is she enjoying her visit?

Kristine: Any updates from your dr's appt today?

Sara: Continued prayers for your dad. How is he doing--any updates?

Carol: Continued prayers for you and yours. Girl, take it one day at a time--a lot on your plate to swallow.

Old 08-24-2009, 11:00 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,271,143 times
Going to bed, not much chance to read up today..Anyone hear from Sara about her dad?
Wanted to let you know that my sis' cat Cole is going to be ok...bladder blockage, he is now an inside cat, no carousing for stuff outside anymore..thanks for all the prayers! Later!

Old 08-24-2009, 11:33 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,593,052 times
Tex it's called Nutrical or Nutristat here...your petstore should know if you ask them. You could just purchase some and give him some on his tongue everyday to be safe if he isn't eating enough. Hypoglycemia can come on suddenly. Karo syrup can suffice in a pinch. 1/3 cup twice a day kibble is what I started with and still do pretty much. Sometimes they eat it all and I give a little more and sometimes they don't finish all of it in a day. Really 3 and a half lbs is a decent weight for his age. Maybe he doesn't like his kibble and you need to try something else but you have to do that slowly and in equal parts new and old for a week or they can get the runs, upset stomach.

I think you're supposed to be through all the shots up to 16 weeks or so before you should have him out on walks or walking around in petstores, just to protect him. (Parvo etc.) Don't know if you're through the whole series yet.

Did you get one of the sprays that combat their waste smell? A good rule of thumb is if you know they haven't had a bm or peed lately don't let them roam the house, keep them in pen, crate, or hold. Some even keep them leashed to their person as they move about the house...teaches them who is boss. Believe me I have heard more people describe the exact scenario you did about him peeing 5 mins after you come in. I often have to tell mine to "go potty" when I let them out as they have that little bit of stubborness, especially the Yorkie, or maybe she doesn't have to go and I make her too often.

Good luck hon, it will be ok.

Welcome back DM

Good post Joy

Old 08-25-2009, 01:21 AM

1,261 posts, read 4,270,213 times
Painter,
My gosh, when it rains it pours. (((HUGS)))

The kids and I did some running around yesterday. More than I had expected, otherwise I would've left the house earlier. By the time we got home it was too late to cook, so my son and I had cereal and my daughter had ravioli.

We went to my daughter's school first and met her teacher. Then went to my son's school, showed the office people his shot record (which they made a copy of) and met his band teacher. I was unable again to buy him a P.E. uniform because the P.E. teacher had left. So my son will have to bring the money to school with him.

We then had to get school supplies. I thought I would find everything we needed at Target, but no. I ended up also going to Wal-Mart (what a mad house! - got nothing there), CVS (found a couple things), the grocery store (in search of notebook paper - found none) and a dollar store (still no notebook paper, so I bought a notebook instead so that my son would have paper to write on). I can't believe every store we went to was out of notebook paper. They had tons of notebooks and folders, but no notebook paper. I'll look for some again this Friday. Hopefully someone will have some in stock by then.

When we got home, and after we ate, I helped my son write his paper (short and fairly easy), which was a summer homework assignment that I found out about mabye a month ago. (He had to read a book from a list and then write a paper.) How crazy is that? Got the kids in bed on time (or close to it), but they didn't fall asleep for about an hour. :-/

Then I got busy filling out paperwork for Kelly's teacher/school, getting the kids' stuff ready for in the morning and doing laundry.

Old 08-25-2009, 04:32 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,843,220 times
Okay Niki just read your post and I'm going back to bed as I'm exhausted! Whew. I do not miss those days.

Morning all-and yes been thinking of our leader CrazyMa.

Old 08-25-2009, 06:42 AM

534 posts, read 1,594,429 times
Morning Campers! I have a ton of catching up to do. Just giving you an update. The open house went great. We had 12 couples come through in the hour and a half it was. We had 2 more showings on Sunday. Had an offer Sunday night. We countered yesterday and also had 2 more showings last night. The lady at the last showing put in an offer that was excellent and I am happy to say we are SOLD! Went on the market Friday. We close October 5th. It's perfect for us. Gives us plenty of time. Now off to read about 4 pages!

Old 08-25-2009, 06:54 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,053 times
UW BADGERS---ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW & CONGRATS! That has got to be a record, 3 days on the market. So happy for you. Now are you ready for the move and have you found a house? I think I will be on the market 3 long yrs at the rate I am going here, not funny....

Morning to everyone, Thanks for the prayers it has been a long week here.
dogmom glad you made it home safe, did you have a great time?
Niki, I so do not miss those days! but always enjoyed my time when they were in the care of the teachers, lol....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate