Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 08:34 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,370,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy5 View Post
Poor little thing. I cannot believe that a vet could screw up that badly. Maybe she did not take him to a vet to get it done and that is the problem. She does not sound like the type of person that is an "animal" person if she was ready to put her to sleep after what SHE did to the poor thing.

Kristine
I think you hit the nail on the head!

Old 08-27-2009, 08:39 AM

1,261 posts, read 4,270,933 times
Roth,
Very cute cat. Cats are my favorite.

I've never wanted to declaw my cats. Mostly because I heard that with adult cats, they have to remove their toes. But my youngest cat, Sam, who I adore and he adores me (he's a total mama's boy), seems to be getting worse with his scratching up things. He never uses the condos/scratching posts we have. Instead he scratches outlet plates, the underside of my bed , our nightstands and dresser, my trunk, books, etc. It's driving me crazy!

Our cat Evie has started clawing the walls! Ugh. What is it with my cats and their sudden change in clawing habits?

Barb,
Congratulations!

Stoy,
I didn't start feeling old (or older) until I hit 35. I was like, Oh my gosh, I'm almost 40! I'll be 37 in February. Ick. Most people think I'm in my 20s though. :-/

Tex,
I watched House Hunters International last night too. I love it when they go to Italy! *sigh* I wish there was some way to see what that ruin will look like when they're done renovating it.

Old 08-27-2009, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki View Post
Tex, I watched House Hunters International last night too. I love it when they go to Italy! *sigh* I wish there was some way to see what that ruin will look like when they're done renovating it.
I know! I would love to see the finished renovation of that villa on the Amalfi Coast. Niki, I lived in Italy (Palermo, Sicily to be exact) for 1.5 years. The Italian culture and the scenery is just beautiful. I recommend anyone who wants to go to Italy to JUST DO IT! You will not regret it.

Old 08-27-2009, 09:25 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,272,408 times
I am so tired this morning, the smoke alarm in my bedroom started chirping about 3 am..chirp....chirp....chirp....finally I got up a little before 4 as I couldn't take it anymore. finally it stopped but then I am up so I changed the sheets on my bed and have them in the wash right now.

My sis and I are taking my mom to the dr...we are concerned about the meds she is taking.. we think she needs a stronger anti depressant than the one prozac she takes in the mornings...and knowing my mom, she only takes it when 'she needs' it. AAAACK!...also think she might need some xanax as she is weepy all the time....my dad is the one who really needs the meds but he won't take anything....'nothing wrong with him'. AAAACK again.

I printed out a list of my folks meds....looking them up...glad my sis is here to do this with me..I don't visit my folks often as it stresses me out so much. I am so glad we don't all still live together. 3 years was enough for me.

Ok will be back later, just so tired today girls..

Old 08-27-2009, 10:16 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,044,926 times
morning all - didn't get to sleep until well after 1:30 which is why my long post to everyone was so late (got a phone call just as I was finally able to stop working and start posting saying hi to everyone) - not even sure when it finally posted. Just in typing this one, I'm doing it in between IMs from my assistant. It's like God girl, can I PLEASE get through a cup of coffee LOL

Hope everyone has a good day. Not much more to write this morning as my post last night pretty much said it all. Trying to get through my coffee so I can race to the office. My assistant just told me in one of her many IMs (the one who got married then took 5 days off) that she's taking the rest of her vacation days next week - for the remainder of her honeymoon and going to Manuel Antonio (CR) for the week so . . . . . going to be pure hel#. Dang, everyone and their vacations - I want one

Enjoy your day campers and hopefully won't be working so late tonight so I can catch up and post sooner this evening. XXOO from the Enforcer

Old 08-27-2009, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
My sis and I are taking my mom to the dr...we are concerned about the meds she is taking.. we think she needs a stronger anti depressant than the one prozac she takes in the mornings...and knowing my mom, she only takes it when 'she needs' it. AAAACK!...also think she might need some xanax as she is weepy all the time....my dad is the one who really needs the meds but he won't take anything....'nothing wrong with him'. AAAACK again.
Sounds like she needs something other than xanax. Xanax is an anti-anxiety. If she is weepy...she needs an anti-depressant...something like celexa, zoloft or lexapro if the prozac isn't working. My mom was on lexapro. It helped her mood.

Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) - MayoClinic.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Dang, everyone and their vacations - I want one
You can always cruise with us in Jan!!! (HINT HINT)

Old 08-27-2009, 01:08 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,847,106 times
Just home with the biggest green pepper I have ever seen from the farmer-so stuffed peppers are on the menu plus fresh picked sweet corn and tomatoes.

Old 08-27-2009, 02:45 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,871,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
She will purr--give her time-- she's now in a home where she is loved and cared for. Sophie will start to feel safe with you and start purring her little heart out!
She did today!! WOOHOO!! I sat down on the loveseat to watch Days at 1pm and lifted her up beside me. She curled up and eventually went to sleep. When she woke up, she pushed her way under my arm for a scratch, "kneaded" her paws on my leg and purred. I had my hand on her side and I could feel the vibrations along with the very soft noise that I was sure I had imagined before. Unfortunately we had a diarrhea accident on the rug under my table this morning, but I think she overate yesterday not realizing there weren't other cats to eat it. Plus although the woman told me she gave her 1/2 small can of food AM and PM along with her dry, I don't think it sat very well. So I put her in her "safe room" while I went up to the store to get rug cleaning supplies. Of course it couldn't have been on one that I could wash!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
My guess is NJ! For sure, not me.
You and me both. I just don't think we will EVER sell. I'm really getting depressed and disgusted about it. I just really want it gone even though that means another trip to PA to pack everything up. Agents supposedly took new outside pix 2 days ago, but they still aren't up on the site. Making me a bit annoyed because we just spent over $1000 on paint, labor and new trees to update the outside and they can't even be bothered to get the pix up fast. I'm starting to wonder if it wouldn't be better to drop them and just decrease the price the $10k that would be their fee. Sold my parents house as FSBO directly with the buyer (who actually approached me about selling) and all I did was get an agreement on price and take it to my lawyer and had him draw up the papers. We emptied it out and on the day of closing I dropped off the keys and picked up the check. Actually went pretty smooth, but then again that was in '99.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki View Post
Roth,
I've never wanted to declaw my cats. Mostly because I heard that with adult cats, they have to remove their toes. But my youngest cat, Sam, who I adore and he adores me (he's a total mama's boy), seems to be getting worse with his scratching up things. He never uses the condos/scratching posts we have. Instead he scratches outlet plates, the underside of my bed , our nightstands and dresser, my trunk, books, etc. It's driving me crazy!

Our cat Evie has started clawing the walls! Ugh. What is it with my cats and their sudden change in clawing habits?
Have you tried the catnip spray on their scratching posts? DD got some and her new little kitties totally ignored everything else and attacked the post. Maybe a combo of catnip spray on the post and one of the repellants on the other stuff?

Well, looks like we are finally getting some rain here, but it also appears the cat lady's parents aren't interested in "touring" our community. Sophie decided to nap UNDER the loveseat since I have the bedroom closed off. I closed off all the other rooms that I could since this morning's "accident". I do need to go and work on some cards to add to my inventory for the 2 craft shows I have scheduled this fall, but I don't feel like it. Thought I had another possibility for a job, but apparently that fell through as well. Guy had been bugging my neighbor, who works there, about when I was getting back from PA. She told him I was back last Friday but he still hasn't called, so I'm guessing he decided I wasn't good enough to wait for. Oh well.........

Old 08-27-2009, 05:24 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,044,926 times
Default Ode to Forgetfulness LOL

So until I can go back a zillion pages to get caught up thought I'd post a funny LOL Some of us will totally relate and to you youngsters out there, well . . . just wait

YouTube - Ode to Forgetfulness

Old 08-27-2009, 05:39 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,346,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart
My guess is NJ! For sure, not me.
You and me both. I just don't think we will EVER sell. I'm really getting depressed and disgusted about it. I just really want it gone even though that means another trip to PA to pack everything up. Agents supposedly took new outside pix 2 days ago, but they still aren't up on the site. Making me a bit annoyed because we just spent over $1000 on paint, labor and new trees to update the outside and they can't even be bothered to get the pix up fast. I'm starting to wonder if it wouldn't be better to drop them and just decrease the price the $10k that would be their fee. Sold my parents house as FSBO directly with the buyer (who actually approached me about selling) and all I did was get an agreement on price and take it to my lawyer and had him draw up the papers. We emptied it out and on the day of closing I dropped off the keys and picked up the check. Actually went pretty smooth, but then again that was in '99.
Naaaw, I still am ahead of you at 468 days........You are probably next! I will bet my eyes we won't sell until next year at this rate. It is depressing here too. Believe me. 1 offer 46k off (and we countered-they walked)and another 25k off who put offers in to six other sellers.

Next the buyers will want my checking acct. number for unlimited access.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate