Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 08:54 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,542 times

Advertisements

hEY maybe just take the retiring out of it completely and change it backwards to Q & A for Expats and and people considering relocating to......

Old 09-24-2009, 08:58 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,044,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
hEY maybe just take the retiring out of it completely and change it backwards to Q & A for Expats and and people considering relocating to......
So more like this:

Q&A For Current Expats & People Considering Relocating to Latin American/Caribbean Countries

GIRLS WHAT DO YOU THINK? Does this read better and get the point across more clear???????

Last edited by JustJoy; 09-24-2009 at 09:23 AM.. Reason: left out part of Carol's suggestion on wording

Old 09-24-2009, 09:44 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,593,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Oh Goldy Girl, come out, come out wherever you are.
Ha funny Joy, love how you did the gold color LOL! How are you doing? Busy as usual eh? You're such a little chatty Cathy..I love it

It was my hubs B-day over the weekend, so had a little Packer party for him with some friends and family. Made some pulled pork, coleslaw, and german chocolate cake his favorite. The downer was that it was Packers v Bengals and the suck a$$ Bengals won Ahh whatever it was a reason to get together >> screw the game anyway! DH got to try out his new pool table with everyone.

I have been busy this week, cleaning, errands, watching my grandson, and doing some more shopping, returning things. I buy, then change my mind etc. etc. Gotta see everything that's out at the different stores. Only a die hard lover of shopping can probably relate. NJ you have fun while your out hitting the stores today!!

Cute pix TEX and NJ. Wats looks so cute with his Mama and puppy cut and your family is lovely NJ.

Tambre and Stoy best of luck with inspections and closing. It is an emotional thing selling, I can vouch for that.

Good luck for your showing today Shel and hope you hear back positive WORD NJ!!!!!!

Yes I did watch Mackenzie on Oprah ( or rather I taped it). What a shocker!!!!! Either it is the raw truth or she is crazy. Who would want that story on their back? I know her dad pumped her with all the drugs, no doubt. I will have to read the book!!! Apparently her half sis Chyna Phillips believes her and there will be an update on Fridays Oprah. "One day at a Time" was one of my all time favorite sitcoms!!

Barb have fun with your Drs. appt, and enjoy the feast afterwards. It's good to take care of your health!

Lacey, you must be arriving home soon...maybe in time for cocktail hour!!

Lorrie, glad to see Willow's little sutured spotted belly is healing...too sweet!

Ok I am off to get busy.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:56 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,369,435 times
Quote:

NO food talk LOL not unless you're gonna ship me some

Hel# we ALL will LOL but you ain't gonna have any problems girlfriend. Some good lookin' NICE cowbow is gonna sweep you off your feet (and your little dog too)
From your lips to God's ears Joy!!

As for shipping goodies to you---I wonder how long that would take to get there?!?! I could send you some great homemade cookies...those wouldn't spoil!
Quote:

Anyway, just breaking after putting dinner in the oven should be ready in an hour or so. Cant wait I am hungry! Quick chicken and dressing casserole tonight, no sides other than gravey of course. Love this stuff to much though.

dd got her first grades today in the organic chemistry, a good solid B, so now she is doing extra credit work to get it up to an A. There was only 4 A's in all the classes combined I guess, but she cant stand it, not being in the top. Can we say over achiever???
Dinner sounded great!! WOW a B in organic chemistry is great--that is one hard subject! I know--I took it when I was in nursing school.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Girl next door to me MAY put her house up for sale...to get someplace on the water. I told her to wait until mine sells lol.........then do it. lool............ She talks about it once in a while but omg, no not yet(bangs head!) LOL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The nasty redneck bus driver was EARLY today..I mean 20 min. earlydropping my kids off *I am on the corner* of a pretty quiet area..and I saw them and ran out...she yells at me saying she was blowing the horn for 2 min.She is Full of it.. The time they come to the bus stop is 425p to 430p.......I said, well, gee guess I will have to sit with my lawn chair out here at 4 pm!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( I did not say that LOL but wanted to ) Every other bus driver is consistent now with the pick up and drop off times...Not this old bitty LOL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>LAst year it was all over the place--30 m,in. diff. off and on. Get me out of here girls LOL>>>>>>>>>>
What is wrong with that bus driver!!?!?!? I think you should report her to the school because that is dangerous dropping off kids when you aren't there to pick them up. They are too young. Do I need to come to NJ and kick some bus drivin' idiot's a$$...she is putting my twinadoos in jeopardy!

Threaten your neighbor!!! Your house sells first then she can go on the market. Just tell her it's a terrible time to sell and she should wait til the market is better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Ok, Peaches and cream out of the oven, damn it looks good...sorry Joy..will report..

Now Joy if you want some good food and luscious desserts you need to cruise. That's all I'm gonna say about it...lol.

ok back to cooking..
Good point Barb (to Joy!!)

So...what is your opinion of the Peaches & Cream?

Old 09-24-2009, 10:05 AM

Quote:
So more like this:

Q&A For Current Expats & People Considering Relocating to Latin American/Caribbean Countries

GIRLS WHAT DO YOU THINK? Does this read better and get the point across more clear???????
I like this one!!

Old 09-24-2009, 10:11 AM

Quote:

Tex--I understand, but hey it is a showing and you just never know what is gonna happen. Kinda like cracker jacks ya know, you just dont know what you will end up with. Just hope for the best out come-----CONTRACT TO TEXAS!

I didn't see Opra, dont watch it because I don't like her or her beliefs. Use to admire her, business and being a successful female but now, well, she isn't GOD you know. I wont even buy books she promotes or watch her "productions". My own little boycott I guess.
Well the bombshell was that McKenzie claims she had an consensual incestuous relationship with her father John! She claims she would wake up from a drug induced coma and realize she was in the middle of having sex with her father. Yea....Gold ...not sure whether I believe her or not...She is CRAZY and she is a known drug addict...but so was he!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post

It was my hubs B-day over the weekend, so had a little Packer party for him with some friends and family. Made some pulled pork, coleslaw, and german chocolate cake his favorite. The downer was that it was Packers v Bengals and the suck a$$ Bengals won Ahh whatever it was a reason to get together >> screw the game anyway! DH got to try out his new pool table with everyone.

Cute pix TEX and NJ. Wats looks so cute with his Mama and puppy cut and your family is lovely NJ.

Good luck for your showing today Shel and hope you hear back positive WORD NJ!!!!!!

Yes I did watch Mackenzie on Oprah ( or rather I taped it). What a shocker!!!!! Either it is the raw truth or she is crazy. Who would want that story on their back? I know her dad pumped her with all the drugs, no doubt. I will have to read the book!!! Apparently her half sis Chyna Phillips believes her and there will be an update on Fridays Oprah. "One day at a Time" was one of my all time favorite sitcoms!!.
I might have to read the book also.

Thanks for the luck on my showing! Thanks for the compliments re: me and Watson!

Hey--those Packers were supposed to beat the BUNGALS! Help a Steeler fan out here!!! We play Cinci on Sunday---I hope we beat the living crap out of them. How did they look?

Old 09-24-2009, 10:25 AM

2,364 posts, read 4,870,813 times
Hey all, just a quick check in.

Barb.........Glad to hear you had a great trip! Good luck at the doc's.

Shelley.....Love the pix! I can't get Sophie to be still in my arms long enough to take a pic. I have a remote on my camera, but it would probably be futile.

NJ & Painter..........Hopefully your time has come to sell! Might just be Shelley and me left soon. But I'm willing to bet Tex will sell before me. I've pretty well given up the hope for any possibility before next spring.

Speaking of Sophie..........She has started sleeping with me on the bed! First time was night before last. Once I got into bed she jumped up as she always does, but instead of immediately getting down she curled up and started to bathe herself curled next to me. When finished she curled up right against my legs and went to sleep. She did the same last night. This has been a huge breakthrough for her. Now I just need for her to start curling beside me on the sofa again and we'll be back where we were before the vet visit. Woman called earlier in the week and we are getting together probably tomorrow to sign all the adoption papers. Oh yeah....she fell asleep on the window sill the other day and rolled off! Really funny! She shook her head, sat down primly and looked at me as though to say...You did NOT see that!

Question.........Why does it annoy me so much that I have neighbors that steal all my decorating/landscaping ideas and do them first? I have all these ideas of things but we can't do them right now because we don't have the money until we sell that d@mn place in PA. Neighbors on both sides, however take my ideas and do them first, making ME look like the copy cat when we finally can do them! One neighbor had a sitting wall put around their patio and tiled the patio and floor of screened porch and added landscaping. Other neighbor just had their patio enlarged (we did have that done), with a curved corner - another of my ideas, and had a brick sitting wall put all around it. I suppose they will be doing some planting beds as well. Guess I just have to start keeping my mouth shut when talking to people about it. Plus one of them, and another neighbor, put in pendant lights over their kitchen sinks right after I said I was doing it and one wants to do the same thing in the entertainment nook (they have the same model) that we want to do. I had the same thing happen with one of our neighbors up in PA. Everything we did outside, they had to go and do the same thing. I suppose I should be happy that I apparently have good taste and ideas, but come on people! Doesn't anybody have any ideas of their own????? Sorry, I'm having a pi$$y mood day again today since "D"H called last night on his own and eventually started griping at me about selling all these collectibles again and basically telling me I am lazy because I haven't done anything about it lately. GRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-24-2009, 11:44 AM

Roth: That's great about Sophie!!! Sounds like she likes her new mama!! It is hard to get Watson to stay still for a picture also.
Imitation is the best form of flattery!!

Well my showing today lasted all of 15 minutes....Not getting my hopes up on that one. I have another one at 6:30 tonight. Most action I had in over several months. The lookers must be getting nervous about the tax credit ending soon. I plan on spying from my neighbors on the one tonight!!

I don't think I will sell before Spring either!

Old 09-24-2009, 03:04 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,346,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Roth: That's great about Sophie!!! Sounds like she likes her new mama!! It is hard to get Watson to stay still for a picture also.
Imitation is the best form of flattery!!

Well my showing today lasted all of 15 minutes....Not getting my hopes up on that one. I have another one at 6:30 tonight. Most action I had in over several months. The lookers must be getting nervous about the tax credit ending soon. I plan on spying from my neighbors on the one tonight!!

I don't think I will sell before Spring either!
TEX! 2 SHOWINGS IN ONE DAY! DAMN GIRL!! SO HAPPY.

WELL, here we go! FEEDBACK *well, you know what that means!*
THEY LOVED IT--BUT WANTED A MASTER BEDROOM 1ST FLOOR-OMG...WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE STUPID AGENTS THAT CANNOT READ AN MLS LISTING THAT DOESN'T STATE THAT THERE IS A MASTER BEDROOM ON 1ST FLOOR. Oh, I need to go bang my head....a few hundred times!!

Quote:
NJ & Painter..........Hopefully your time has come to sell! Might just be Shelley and me left soon. But I'm willing to bet Tex will sell before me. I've pretty well given up the hope for any possibility before next spring.

Nah, I think I will be last.of the MOhicans LOL...or it will be a draw between a few of us!! 2 realtors now and almost 500 days on market. . Nope. Have no pizazz anymore about showings.

Ok, remember the house that went in 28 days ?? they called the little family room the 5th bedroom??!...........HMM....... french doors 1st floor?attach it to the family room....... 6 1/2 foot french doors?? about?
OMG. So sick of this BS> Cannot please anyone...
No elevators, no doggie doors, too big too small..

THANKS GOLD! about the compliments on the family...Now where is that pic of yours!?

Quote:
am off today --starting today I have 5 days off. I can't sleep today and I am exhausted--I got a text from my realtor last night while I was at work--my house is being shown at 1 pm today...I just want to SLEEP. I am not even excited...I know it's the same old story. I am trying to keep the faith....but you just get beat down so much that you forget how to get back up.
Good deal. Some time to recoup girl!! You have a wedding Sat too???
OH! There would sure as hell be matchmaking for my sista on the ship!! and Joy joy !!!

Last edited by njsocks; 09-24-2009 at 04:03 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate