Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 12:43 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,595,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Tex-use mothballs or cayenne pepper where they dig. Watched that game and thought of you-I had the Steelers in the pool at Cheers.

The MN/GB game should be great and Favre's doing great sofar and took a huge hit after that last throw.
I didn't get to see this game, as I think it conflicted with ours.

I cannot shake the stinkin blue funk I've been in and that's not usually me and this cold weather isn't helping. Was out and everyone's complaining.
You are probably having post vaca blues and the reality of winter hitting is setting in Like Barb, I was kinda looking forward to cooler weather but that will probably last about a week.

Old 09-28-2009, 12:47 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times
Lacey, maybe you need more light. Open up the blinds and drapes...that's what I do, even on a dark day it helps..turn on the lights..screw the electric bill, that's what they make light bulbs for.

I wish I could help..I would gladly send this warm weather your way..

Old 09-28-2009, 02:14 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Barb this house is wide open and bright-it's "after leaving the kids blues" it'll pass in a couple of days. Went from total chaos to total quiet-my system goes into shock-LOL.

Old 09-28-2009, 02:33 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,872,604 times
Now is the time of year that I start to really appreciate living down here! Last couple of days were in the high 70's and today is the low 80's. Rest of the week will also be in the mid to high 70's. Time to turn off the A/C and open the windows! I had one open today and Sophie sat on the sill and took in the breeze for quite awhile.

Got a message from DD this morning and she is planning on coming down for 5 days the end of March. WOOHOO!! We are going to have some great mother-daughter days. Yeah I know it's a ways in the future, but I'm excited. I know it's selfish, but I really like when it's just the 2 of us. We really never get to do that too much any more since I'm not within driving distance from her. I may plan on going up to her place next summer for maybe a week. I can actually drive it in 1.5 days and stop to stay at a friends house in between.

Supposedly I am to officially adopt Sophie next Sunday, we'll have to see. I talked with the agency woman about the throwing up and she wants me to try another food. Well, sorry, but I just bought some of what she is eating and I'm not wasting any more money trying out things. As it is I just threw out about $10 worth of the other stuff that they insisted I buy for her, plus gave away about a dozen cans of food to the rescue on Saturday. Sophie likes this and actually chews it without swallowing it whole. I think I'll just try to deal with hairballs instead. Stopped the canned stuff altogether. My neighbor feeds her cats a bit of cheap vaseline every day and it keeps them "greased up" and keeps the hairballs at bay, and 2 of hers have very long hair.

Oh.........I have a recommendation for anyone interested. I just purchased one of the Shark steam cleaners (the new one with interchangable heads) and I love it! It really does clean up the tile floors well without any sticky residue. I had been using the Swiffer mop and the stuff you use sometimes was sticky, so I really wasn't thrilled. But the steam mop is great! I did 2 bathrooms (one pretty large), a hallway laundry room (where cat stuff is), and kitchen/dining area in about 1/2 hour and for the first time I felt they were really clean.

Old 09-28-2009, 02:34 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,372,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
It was a shocker to see them lose by 3 points! I figured you must have been cussing the screen!

Oh I was Gold!!!
Now that is funny as hell because we have been dealing with this on a smaller level. We have a entirely enclosed fence but there was a small gap where it met the house. Several months ago a gopher got in and was leaving piles of shat...it took us a while to figure out and actually ever see the thing. Well CoCo became obsessed with the lil focker, even after we have blocked off its entrance point and it has been gone forever. Every time she goes out in the yard she goes to a planting area with mulch and a short picket decorative fence near the place we blocked off and sniffs and looks for it and messes up the bed. Funniest part is DH actually caught the lil focker and drove out in the country and let it loose. It had crawled up in our down spout. NO troubles since besides CoCo's obsession she can't get over, but seeing shat that was not my canines and cleaning up was gross!
Yes...I am afraid to go out there because I haven't checked the yard Sat/Sun or today because of being gone and the rain. I'm sure my whole yard will be a mess.
Quote:
Tex-use mothballs or cayenne pepper where they dig. Watched that game and thought of you-I had the Steelers in the pool at Cheers.

The MN/GB game should be great and Favre's doing great sofar and took a huge hit after that last throw.

I cannot shake the stinkin blue funk I've been in and that's not usually me and this cold weather isn't helping. Was out and everyone's complaining.
Cayenne pepper...hmmm.. That Monday night football game should be good.
I'm in a blue funk too...I know it's because I am bound to be here another cold snowy Winter. Nothing I can do about it.

The feed back from the single girl who looked at my house on Thursday morning said it was too much work for her. I certainly can understand that--it's too much for me.

Old 09-28-2009, 03:01 PM

Roth, March will be here before you know it. That is great that you will be getting some one-on-one time with your daughter.

Old 09-28-2009, 03:02 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,148,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Good luck to you...if it were me I would have your agent, or you yourself, contact their agent and closing attorney to make sure everything is being doen and provded by the correct party in order to expedite a timely closing.

Hopefully, our Real attorney is going to do this today.

off to bathe the dog- yuck
Hi Sara, So, who got more of a bath, the dog or you? That's one of my least favorite chores. How's the whole floor situation? Did you get all of the squeaks out? Would love to see pictures of your new carpet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
I am in a quandry here as I don't know what to do about Sophie. She has started to throw up again....2 days in a row. And this time it's after she eats so it's mostly digested stuff. I changed to a food that is softer and she can chew up rather than swallowing whole, and everything seemed to be OK, but I'm just not sure what is going on. This time it was on the rug again in the hallway into our bedroom. Had I not been going in to clean the bathroom floor, who knows when I would have found it. I haven't officially adopted her yet and I'm wondering if I should. Of course, it would rip out my heart to give her up now. I just knew that I shouldn't have started it........I just knew it. When will I ever learn to listen to my gut feelings as they are always right.
Maybe your gut told you she was worth saving, even with some issues. She has a great Mom in you Roth, but if it gets to be too much, you need to let her go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
I was thinking today that I am going to start working my Mary Kay business again..I have been what we call a 'personal use' consultant for the past 6 years since I got so ill with the fatigue...i cant do the going to someones house for a class or party, but the product is so good and I need something to keep me busy i think I can do more online with it.

What do you all think? I was thinking that I would offer all my current and new customers 20% off on everything until December 31 to try to build my business a little. The tax benefits are pretty good too.

Barb, this is a great idea. You can make it a small business or a large business, depending on your wants and needs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Yep the stars are aliegning up for me here............
Any way still have alot to do around here and I lost motivation and the motoration but am going searching for it today. LOL, decided to recover my head board too......oh going for the that "spa" look in there, LOL.............
I would love to see a picture when you're done. What kind of fabric are you using?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
Checking in to say hello to all

Tambre sorry to hear of your problems with title agent...sure hope it doesn't delay your closing and everything gets back on track!

Thanks Goldie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
We are having high wind gusts here today also! It's a good thing Watson is on a leash when I take him outside because he will get blown away....his ears will be his wings!!!

The Steelers have really disappointed me the past 2 weeks. They should have won that game yesterday. I can't believe they let the Bengals come back in the 2nd half.
Hope your Steelers get back on track and start winning! Are you still going to be a Steelers fan when you move to Austin (jk, lol) [/b]

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1;10956372
[COLOR=#0000ff
Now that is funny as hell because we have been dealing with this on a smaller level. We have a entirely enclosed fence but there was a small gap where it met the house. Several months ago a gopher got in and was leaving piles of shat...it took us a while to figure out and actually ever see the thing. Well CoCo became obsessed with the lil focker, even after we have blocked off its entrance point and it has been gone forever. Every time she goes out in the yard she goes to a planting area with mulch and a short picket decorative fence near the place we blocked off and sniffs and looks for it and messes up the bed. Funniest part is DH actually caught the lil focker and drove out in the country and let it loose. It had crawled up in our down spout. NO troubles since besides CoCo's obsession she can't get over, but seeing shat that was not my canines and cleaning up was gross![/color]
LMAO We have lots of the critters around here, but never saw the poop, thank god.

Quote:
Tex-use mothballs or cayenne pepper where they dig..
thanks for the great hint. They are stubborn little buggers. One dug a hole under our shed, and Bob filled it in with rocks, dry cement, lime, any substance that was able to be poured into the hole, and they dug it out every time.

Quote:

This time of year is hard if you suffer from SAD, Seasonal Affective Disorder. The days getting shorter really affects me, as well as the added stress of the holidays, even though they are months away. Could be that you miss your family, too. Hope you'll feel better when you get back into your routine. How's Mr. L doing?

Old 09-28-2009, 03:07 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Tambre-he's foinf so great and for that I am thankful. This always occurs after I leave the kids and grands. Crazy thing-took a quiz on Facebook about where you should live and it came back NJ!!!! Blew my mind.

How'd it go w/the new attorney?

Old 09-28-2009, 03:42 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,319 times
Amy, now i know what you mean about issues with your husband. i just had a big blow out with my DH about something fishy with the inspection. (also something fishy with past realtor in Colorado, but whatever). Got yelled at like a 5 year old. I responded that I can't even express my fears (that is so Therapist-like, ick!!) He told me to stop stressing, it's causing him stress. hey thanks.

Old 09-28-2009, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Hope your Steelers get back on track and start winning! Are you still going to be a Steelers fan when you move to Austin (jk, lol) [/b]

LMAO We have lots of the critters around here, but never saw the poop, thank god.
Count yourself lucky for not having the poo.

Of course I will still be a STEELER fan when I move to Austin! Once a Steeler fan, ALWAYS a Steeler fan!!!

Quote:
Crazy thing-took a quiz on Facebook about where you should live and it came back NJ!!!! Blew my mind.
I saw that on FB!!! I did the same quiz and it came back TEXAS!!! I think it's trying to tell us something Judi!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate