Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 09:43 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,046,013 times

Advertisements

So I'm watching the Color Purple. Haven't seen it in years. Sad, funny and forgot all of the great actors in it. bbl

Old 10-03-2009, 10:01 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,372,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Me too. Waiting for her to post. Not sure what time zone she's in. Keeping fingers crossed.

Well that was certainly subtle LMAO Watch out for stupid people at work!
Carol is in the same time zone as me. I wonder where she is tonight. She must have gotten such a great influx of people that she is just plain worn out and hit the hay early!

I am not known for my subtle ways!!
The stupid people are ALWAYS around me girl!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
So I'm watching the Color Purple. Haven't seen it in years. Sad, funny and forgot all of the great actors in it. bbl
Yes, great movie! Joy did you ever see "Austrailia"? GREAT movie!!

Old 10-03-2009, 10:02 PM

311 posts, read 915,857 times
Default Checking IN at CAMP

[quote=c21boquetebocasgold;11029381]

Jody, dang girl you must be out hustling 'cause ain't seen hide nor hair from you in a while. Run over to one of the other campers houses and sell that bad boy for them - heck maybe you're helping Carol with her open!

AWWWW JOY>>>hustling, hope to keep it all together with my short sales...I am ready to TEAR MY HAIR out...FINALLY got the dang thing ok'd a week ago Thursday. Then this week I get a call from the sweet girl at the short sale company saying "nope" the file has been sold to another bank and now you gotta start negoiating with them and she cant do anything more than to give me their phone number. NOW MIND YOU, this is AFTER I told the buyers the short sale was approved and sent their agent a copy of the approval letter. They rushed to get their financing started, ordered the whole house inspection, AND the appraisal. I called the "new" bank and they cant tell me NOTHING til the files get in their system, I have to call them back next Wednesday. I dont EVEN want to call the other agent/buyers until I can at least talk to this new bank. I even got the title work in from the title company this week.
THERE HAS TO BE A BETTER WAY TO MAKE A LIVING...wonder how it would be if I could sell my body?? LOLOL I swear, it couldnt be this HARD??? WHADDYA think JOY??

How the heck are the rest of you wonderful campers doing? I havent been able to read all the posts...but love the cut cruise pics from Tex! LOL If only it would look that good when you get there...

Ok, off to read more of the camp news that I missed. Hope you all have a great Sunday!

Jody

Old 10-03-2009, 10:10 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times
Hi Jody, good to see you...those short sales are nothing but nightmares...that was the main reason we bought this house, aside from the house and the price, it was a 'regular' sale. its hard to find a place that's not a short sale or foreclosure, at least out here..

Keepin it short tonight girls, tired...hugs.

Old 10-04-2009, 04:48 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,372,237 times
Good morning to all! Getting ready to give report in the next 15 minutes then home to my boy! Hope all is well with everyone.

PAINTER: How did the open house go yesterday? Did the rain hold off? We were praying for you!

STOY: Up and at 'em--you've got packing to do!!!

And for those of you who didn't see my subtle pic reminders (cough, cough, Anne, Joy, Barb)--get that cruise booked and Anne, apply for that passport!! Time is going by quickly.

Oh, BTW Joy and Carol---beat you both here today!!!!!!

Old 10-04-2009, 05:43 AM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,319 times
yikes, Tex, you are early! CAROL, dying to know how things went!!!
I'm making french toast for breakfast!!

oh, spoke with an agent in CO that i really liked. she would have us sign a buyer's agreement contract, or whatever you call it. Is that normal?

Last edited by BCG8; 10-04-2009 at 05:47 AM.. Reason: to stay on topic, haha

Old 10-04-2009, 06:10 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Morning all-Painter where are you we are all waiting to hear???????

Old 10-04-2009, 06:10 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,148,944 times
Morning everyone,

Jodyrose, that must be frustrating to be so close to a done deal, and then have the bank switch the loan to another bank. Hope the new bank will honor all the work you've done already.

Texas, I'm very envious looking at the beautiful pictures, but happy for you too! I wish I could go. You are going to have a blast. Just the food alone on cruises, much less the interesting ports and the entertainment, make it worth the money. Just not the right timing for me. Ah, I guess the rest of us land lubbers will have to live vicariously... hope you will post lots of pics.

Painter, how did the open house go. Any lookers? How about that couple that were from out of state? Any word from them?

Still waiting for a signed contract to come back from the buyers. We made two changes...one the wood boring insect inspection, instead of termite treatment and guarantee of no termites for a year, and our attorney changed the closing to be in our county, instead of in the Bronx. Then the house still needs to get successfully through the FHA/VA appraisal, and then we need a commitment letter from their bank saying they are approved for the loan.
Not sure, but I've heard that preapproval letters are not as solid as commitment letters. I'm confused as to when we should start packing, and contact the moving company....any ideas? The closing date is on or about Nov. 21st.

Roth, what did you decide to do with Sophie?

Stoy, how's the packing going?

NJ, how's Noah feeling? Hope he's better. That guy who looked at your house sounds promising. Where is the house that he's selling? Hopefully it's a hot market and he'll be making you an offer soon.

Have a good one everyone.

Old 10-04-2009, 06:29 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,432 times
I should of posted last night but I was really just to pissed off to do much of anything. The "man" showed, late, and we sat, sat and sat till my dd comes in and tells me that there wasn't even a sign out by the road to the festival. I went and put out 2 signs down there and 10 mins later we had our one and only looker. The people are from here, they have horses, they liked the place and saw many possibilities. Possibles for what I have no idea, and they have to sell one too. So I blew them off already. Now back to the sign, at the end of my road he put up a sign but there was even a frickin' arrow pointing what direction to take. I told him about it and he says---well it is "into" my street so folks will know. I told him everyone out here were as ignorant as he was........I can not wait till my agent gets back into town. She is gonna get reamed!
Anyway, the guy took pictures for a virtual tour, I don't know how pictures can be made into a tour. Right now I don't give a rats azz. He called to get his asst to bring out a flyer box but no she could not, he took down the audio info sign, it never worked, and on and on.
The weather was just perfect, blue sky, mid 80s and a nice cool breeze. My house is spotless and I mean spotless, dang even the closets are organized, all 8 plus the 3 in the bedrooms. Even my barn is swept, and clean. The yard is 90% done, went through 3 weedeaters, all broke!
My headboard turned out great, I am pleased with the m. bdrm now. I did a cover of ivory tone on tone, with matching skirt, shams and then accented with a tobacco color and lite blue. Same with the m. bath, the lookers said the bdrm looked like hgtv and I had to walk out of the room and laugh.

Well there is the low down, hope you all had a better Saturday then me.

Old 10-04-2009, 06:47 AM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,319 times
Painter, sorry to hear that. you're MB sounds great. i would love to see pics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate