Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 03:13 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,791,780 times

Advertisements

Dear Lord C21 you live in heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-04-2009, 03:46 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,022,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Dear Lord C21 you live in heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, I feel pretty darn lucky. Why I don't mind quite so much when I get stuck in one office or the other 'cause both places are just gorgeous. The pics just don't do the place justice. Hope you guys are enjoying the 4th festivities. I should be working but said to heck with it and am finishing a James Patterson book and chillin' - can always do the work tomorrow. It's blowing, cold (well, not what you'd consider cold LOL) and rainy so that kind-of blew my plans for working in the garden. XXOO to you and Mr. L.

Old 07-04-2009, 04:30 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,255,116 times
Joy, Ok count me in...I can't work, can't cook, can't do much but would love to see that scenery! I know you probably mentioned this, but how did you find that paradise and what made you decide to move there, aside from the obvious beauty?

Nothing Nothing Nothing doing here. In my robe. Doesnt seem like a holiday to me, but I am thankful to be an American and wish everyone a Happy 4th.

I planned to get up and work in that damn office today...I cant seem to do it. I woke up at 4 am and the whole day was just shot. went back to sleep for a while. We have burger fixins here so will have dogpaw bbq in a bit.

I need to call my mom and see if she heard from the repair people, their a/c went out last night. Right now it's 109 at the Palm Springs airport, deduct about 4-5 from that for here, its too hot to not have a/c. they do have their portable swamp cooler...my dad was in such a foul mood last night and earlier I have been avoiding calling there...better bite the bullet, I guess..

Old 07-04-2009, 05:40 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,165,203 times
Happy 4th of July!!!
the spider bite is almost faded, hallelu hallelu!!
DD is having a quiet day, he has all day/over night duty, so drama free today at any rate
Just messing around here, mundane stuff like cleaning the Sonic toothbrushes LOL

Hope all are having an enjoyable day whatever you are doing!

Old 07-04-2009, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Painter, unbelievable...home surgery with an exacto knife to remove a splinter? You are seriously one tough cookie.

Hope everyone has a great 4th. HDL, any good news to report yet?

Here's a poem I ran across. It's a "house blessing". Figure it couldn't hurt to try it.

House Blessing

Touch the lintel and touch the wall,
Nothing but blessings here befall!
Bless the candle that stands by itself,
Bless the book on the mantle shelf,
Bless the pillow for the tired head,
Bless the hearth and the light shed.
Friends who tarry here, let them know
A three fold blessing before they go.
Sleep for weariness - peace for sorrow
Faith in yesterday and tomorrow.
Friends who go from here, let them bear
The blessing of hope, wherever they fare.
Lintel and windows, sill and wall,
Nothing but good, this place befall.
Tambre, I love that house blessing..would love to find that on a plaque or something..

Old 07-04-2009, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki View Post
Hey, y'all.

We got back from the beach yesterday afternoon. We may be going to our niece's house in Clayton (outside of Raleigh) in a bit, so I can't stay on much longer. No time to catch up. I hope everyone is well. Poor Kelly got a bad sunburn on her thighs on Thursday. She now has tiny blisters on her thighs.

I'll try to get online again later tonight or tomorrow.

C21,
Pretty pictures!
Hi Niki, thanks for checking in! Hope Kelly's sunburn is better...ouch! aloe vera helps, also a paste of baking soda and water...keep safe!

Old 07-04-2009, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Stoy-backdate to a day prior to loading it. Happened to me.

DogMom-pork shoulder, slice and onion-bottom of crock, unseasoned pork shoulder, another sliced onion, 12 oz apple juice. Cook low 12 hrs. Remove meat, onions in sep. bowl, dump liquid. Shred meat, chop onions, put back in crock with a bottle of bar-b-q sauce, cook another 4 hrs.

FYI-I did mine in the oven at 275 for 7 hrs i a dutch oven, shredded added sauce and back in for 2 hrs.
Thanks, Lacey, got it..put it in my recipe file....I have an awesome program called cookin' can input all the info and ingredients, can adjust for serviings, will actualy figure out calorie and nutrition counts, also make a grocery list. I am a beginnr with it, actually its my mom's program, but I steal the discs...lots of different cd's you can get or upload the recipe discs, also great fo keeping your own recipes on the computer...

Old 07-04-2009, 07:35 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,022,469 times
so watching one of my fav movies, Patriot Games, with Harrison Ford. Yummy! Happy to have direct TV - be back on when it's over and catch up. Later campers!

Old 07-04-2009, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
so watching one of my fav movies, Patriot Games, with Harrison Ford. Yummy! Happy to have direct TV - be back on when it's over and catch up. Later campers!
See ya in a while, Joy..dogpaw and I are watching Nascar

Old 07-04-2009, 08:12 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,015,169 times
So DH and I are sitting in the almost dark, watching the fireworks, which we couldnt totally see all of them. missed having them so close right above my head this year, but oh well. home in 5 minutes and not waiting in traffic to get out. anyway, watching fireworks, fear of bears in back of my mind, and then we hear this "hhrrrffff!!" i jump up, yelling to my DH "we gotta go we gotta go!" and he's saying, "it's just a deer, not a bear, a deer!" i guess it wanted to make it's presence or whatever, but i was shaking!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate