Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 07:11 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,046,013 times

Advertisements

Lacey, you could be having this for dinner RIGHT NOW

Old 07-08-2009, 07:33 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,148,678 times
Hey all,

CDCguy...what happened with your second lookers?

Lacey, you need to eat, girlfriend, to keep your strength up. Glad to hear that Mr. L is eating a little more variety. Wow, C21, that steak, mashed potatoes and gravy and green beans looked delicious. By the way, I was the other 82 person., as we don't have central a/c. So, are you having Corona induced e-mailer's remorse, or did you keep things calm and not too steamy with your ex.?

I'm so excited, we just got a new used car ...2007 Mitsubishi Endeavor, with 24,000 on her. It was the weirdest thing. Test drove some cars at a Chrysler, Jeep, Hyundai dealer, but their used assortment was not great. I mentioned to that salesman that I love Endeavors, but they are too expensive. They didn't have any there, anyway. The next day, someone traded one in. They took $2,000 less than the internet price. Like it was meant to be.

CrazyMa, I like the wedding veil/noose idea. A very fitting end to a marriage gone off track. How is your DD handling things? How's the Craigslist sale going? Do you still have some furniture left to sit on?

Anyone else going on vacation this summer? If so , where are you going? Lorrie, you were going to be travelling weren't you? Dogmom, have you sorted through a few more boxes? Kinda like a treasure hunt, never know what you might find tucked away.

Hi everyone else.

Old 07-08-2009, 07:46 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,128 times
http://f558.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f23235%5fAC9u%2fNgAALcjSlTvCwGBgHP lAAU&pid=2.2&fid=Inbox&inline=1&stationery=1 (broken link)

did this pic show up??? of the new cell phones???

Old 07-08-2009, 08:54 PM

Default A message about something we all know

The power of prayer. We all know how powerful prayer is, even some medical doctors are realizing that patients who have a strong faith and pray tend to heal faster.

So here's what I think we all need to do - all of us are dealing with some issue; illness of loved ones, children in need, personal medical issues, lost loves, money problems - and then there's the general the state of the world. Some things we share on the board, some things are very private and we keep between ourselves and God.

So here's my commitment to everyone at the Camp and actually something I've been doing anyway: Each night before I fall asleep I kiss my pink crucifix that Mama Serrano gave me (even though I'm not Catholic) and I pray for my friends, family and for God to give me strength to do his will. When I wake up in the morning, I do the same thing.

A huge issue I was dealing with where the darn door was closed so tight and the window just wasn't opening - not even an inch to where I 'almost' gave up, but refused to do so. Finally the window started slowly opening, not all the way but enough to reinforce the power of prayer and faith. Just in the time I've been writing this, in between receiving emails, it's opened even more. So even if we don't post motivational posters, etc. if each of us just says a little prayer before we go to bed for everyone else imagine the positive outcomes.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Hey all,

Wow, C21, that steak, mashed potatoes and gravy and green beans looked delicious. By the way, I was the other 82 person., as we don't have central a/c. So, are you having Corona induced e-mailer's remorse, or did you keep things calm and not too steamy with your ex.?

Absolutely no remorse whatsoever - wasn't steamy, real emotional and just honest about how I felt. When I know more, then you all will know more

I'm so excited, we just got a new used car ...2007 Mitsubishi Endeavor, with 24,000 on her. It was the weirdest thing. Test drove some cars at a Chrysler, Jeep, Hyundai dealer, but their used assortment was not great. I mentioned to that salesman that I love Endeavors, but they are too expensive. They didn't have any there, anyway. The next day, someone traded one in. They took $2,000 less than the internet price. Like it was meant to be.

Yeah on the new car and ain't destiny a wonderful thing

Last edited by JustJoy; 07-08-2009 at 09:04 PM.. Reason: PS Glad to know you're the other 82 LOL

Old 07-08-2009, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post

did this pic show up??? of the new cell phones???
No Ma, just a red x - try saving pic to your computer, then upload it to photobucket and use image link.

On that note and since I'm still hungover LOL I'm actually going to turn in before midnight. See you all around the camp in the morning. XXOO to everyone

Old 07-08-2009, 10:27 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,371,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
The power of prayer. We all know how powerful prayer is, even some medical doctors are realizing that patients who have a strong faith and pray tend to heal faster.

So here's what I think we all need to do - all of us are dealing with some issue; illness of loved ones, children in need, personal medical issues, lost loves, money problems - and then there's the general the state of the world. Some things we share on the board, some things are very private and we keep between ourselves and God.

So here's my commitment to everyone at the Camp and actually something I've been doing anyway: Each night before I fall asleep I kiss my pink crucifix that Mama Serrano gave me (even though I'm not Catholic) and I pray for my friends, family and for God to give me strength to do his will. When I wake up in the morning, I do the same thing.

A huge issue I was dealing with where the darn door was closed so tight and the window just wasn't opening - not even an inch to where I 'almost' gave up, but refused to do so. Finally the window started slowly opening, not all the way but enough to reinforce the power of prayer and faith. Just in the time I've been writing this, in between receiving emails, it's opened even more. So even if we don't post motivational posters, etc. if each of us just says a little prayer before we go to bed for everyone else imagine the positive outcomes.
Tried to rep you on this one, but the system wouldn't let me! Count me in!

Old 07-08-2009, 10:31 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,371,410 times
Well girls...I am out of here for a few days. I have had a very difficult work week and really in need of some down time away from Pittsburgh. So guess where I'm going? No, not Texas! I am going......CAMPING!!! I will think of each and everyone of you while I am sitting around the campfire at night contemplating life. My sister and bil have a pontoon boat so we will be going out on the Youghegheny Lake. I will post some wonderful camping pics when I get home! I get to see little Bella too! (the yorkie!)

Old 07-09-2009, 04:36 AM

1,320 posts, read 3,702,233 times
Tambre and all "CDCguy...what happened with your second lookers? " They came through again... and offered the same. Why bother coming back? I told my realtor not to evne tell me about his interest anymore unless he can make a decent counter. What is strange, he and the wife appear to love the house. But, he won't budge on price, and I have already have come down a good deal.

Old 07-09-2009, 05:06 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,148,678 times
That's unbelievable, CDCguy. What are those lookers thinking? They love it enough the second time to make the same offer...just plain dumb and a huge waste of your time. Did your agent make it clear that their first offer was too low?

C21...I love your post about prayer, and I couldn't rep you either. Glad that window has opened for you, and believe it will continue to do so. Count me in on the prayer, as well. I'm not religious, but do believe in a higher power.

Texas...have a blast on the camping trip with your sister and BIL, and on the pontoon boat. They look like so much fun. I've never been on one. What are they like? Enjoy your well earned vacation, and give little Bella a hug for me. She is adorable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate