Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 06:10 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,053 times

Advertisements

Have a second and read back to catch up......On the way to paint some rooms and then will be back here to continue to clean this place top to bottom. Have a new agent coming on Monday and "needs" to impress with my immaculant shack here. We ended yesterday with 4" of rain and more to come today, yep I am living in a jungled yard and will be cutting grass as soon as I can. this time I have hired help coming Saturday to weed eat and trim for me!!! believe it or not I have only hired help 2xs in my life for yard work--am I really getting to old?????

CD- Being a seller SUCKS!! Your buyers want the house but they probably think you will be desperate enough to let them "have it" at their price. We are in similiar boats, to much for one.

see y'all later

Old 07-09-2009, 07:02 AM

1,869 posts, read 4,022,098 times
C21, about the prayers, will do! Texas, have a GREAT camping trip!! Tambre, congrats on new car!
Cma, I put 2 items for sale (together or separate) on craigs list. had a few offers, so hopefully it'll work out nicely!
We leave for vacation in less than 3 wks. going "home" to colorado, but not our hometown. Originally supposed to be camping but DH doesnt want to!

Old 07-09-2009, 07:44 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,147,511 times
Stoy, that's great that your going to Colorado...where you want to move to, right? Are you looking, or just vacationing? Good going on the Craigslist selling.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:23 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,043,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
That's unbelievable, CDCguy. What are those lookers thinking? They love it enough the second time to make the same offer...just plain dumb and a huge waste of your time. Did your agent make it clear that their first offer was too low?

What so weird is that they came through and didn't up the anty - but you say they really like the house so maybe they are thinking, incorrectly, that you're a desperate seller. Who knows? When they realize you can sit on the house until the cows come home they might just wake up - it's all about the 'M' word: Motivation. Good luck!

C21...I love your post about prayer, and I couldn't rep you either. Glad that window has opened for you, and believe it will continue to do so. Count me in on the prayer, as well. I'm not religious, but do believe in a higher power. Amen to that & I said my little prayer for my campers last night.

Texas...have a blast on the camping trip with your sister and BIL, and on the pontoon boat. They look like so much fun. I've never been on one. What are they like? Enjoy your well earned vacation, and give little Bella a hug for me. She is adorable.
Tex, I wanna go that sounds like so much fun. You deserve the break especially with your per diem job coming up where you will have not time. Enjoy yourself and have a few cold ones for us!

Painter, sure you don't live here? LOL You talk about yard a jungle, and . . .

Stoy, where in Colorado are you going? That's where I moved down here from so curious where you'll be. Have fun!

Old 07-09-2009, 08:28 AM

1,320 posts, read 3,700,899 times
Tambre"That's unbelievable, CDCguy. What are those lookers thinking? They love it enough the second time to make the same offer...just plain dumb and a huge waste of your time. Did your agent make it clear that their first offer was too low?"

These people are from another country, so maybe the negotiating is different. From thier current offer, if they came up to meet me halfway, it would cost them 20 DOLLARS MORE A MONTH on a 30/yr mortgage. I have come down as far as I can/will. The first offer was laughable which we did not take as serious. They seem to think I am desperate to sell.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:55 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,147,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcdguy View Post
Tambre"That's unbelievable, CDCguy. What are those lookers thinking? They love it enough the second time to make the same offer...just plain dumb and a huge waste of your time. Did your agent make it clear that their first offer was too low?"

These people are from another country, so maybe the negotiating is different. From thier current offer, if they came up to meet me halfway, it would cost them 20 DOLLARS MORE A MONTH on a 30/yr mortgage. I have come down as far as I can/will. The first offer was laughable which we did not take as serious. They seem to think I am desperate to sell.
Maybe there is a cultural misunderstanding? We had an offer that was very close...$5,000 apart. We had come down $19,000 and they had come up $10,000. The deal fell apart over a silly $5,000. I felt like we had tried to meet them in the middle, and they still wanted to pay less, so we gave up. If anything had come up in the house inspection, we would have had no wiggle room to pay for anything. It is frustrating, with all the cleaning and anticipation, all for nothing. Especially with second lookers, who really like your house. They may see the light yet! It's good that you don't have to move. Hang tight...you're in good company here.

Old 07-09-2009, 09:04 AM

1,869 posts, read 4,022,098 times
C21, we're moving to the 4 corners area, but for our vacation we are going to rocky mtn NP, Winter park, and Idaho Springs.

Old 07-09-2009, 09:06 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,053 times
well the rooms are painted and I am now waiting on the sheet rock guy to finish up so I can go further. Need to be done in 1 week, before the folks get back so I am pushing it abit. gonna have a very busy week ahead of me, alot of running in and out.

Heard the old song that says Clowns to the left of me and Jokers to the right and here I am stuck in the middle....had to laugh because it just reminded me of the real estate market. Agents around here, since I have been "interviewing" are saying they think we maybe at the bottom or very close to it. Say they are seeing a little bit of price increases happening, yea now that I have REDUCED all of my equity out the door!

You all have great vacations and think of us stuck here with no where to go, lol!!

C21, Yep it looks pretty wild out in my yard, all the fertilizer and the rain, told my neighbor that we all know which house is full of sh*t around here! BUT I do have the prettiest yard!

Old 07-09-2009, 11:17 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,180,895 times
Morning!
Tambre- cool about the car! You will enjoy it! coincidence or ?? LOL
Same thing happened to me a while back. Was looking for a Volvo, stopped in at the Ford place to see the used, had none but the next day they took one in on trade and called me! Too perfect & got a good price

Tex oh have fun camping!!!
Stoy YAY you did Craigslist!!! Stuff can sell, sometimes you have to be patient 'cuz some folks don't return calls or show up, but press on!!! OH great about your trip too!! Getting it all planned out huh!

Painter well you are certainly busy! Be careful out on the roads while running around! Maybe you should just let the yard alone and go with that private jungle retreat LOOK! Get some stunt wild animals, and some Borneo jungle men for entertainment...oh and a Tiki bar. Oh that would be a trip and you could market it as a private jungle getaway!! LOLOLOLOLOL

CDCD- has your agent had a heart to heart with that agent , to see if the buyer is fully aware of the costs difference? Sometimes I don't think listing agents really WORK deals like they could....JMO. Maybe they will come back since they like it. And yes only YOU know what your comfortable bottom dollar is....

Joy yes prayer is a most powerful 'weapon' and being armed and loadedis a top priority!!

HEY to all!! Dogmom, ID, NJ, Lorrie, LAcey, Hammy, HDL, Roth, Sykes............okay that was off the top of me head... YOU ALL know WHO you are!!!!
Everyone have a great day...I'm a trying

Old 07-09-2009, 11:32 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,180,895 times
Default a poll of sorts

okay - here is a possible scenario-
What would you think about a young mom with young child, driving by themselves, almost coast to coast-about 2700 miles?

pick an answer-
A- so, what is the big deal?

B- Wouldn't it be better if another willing adult could make the trip too? Or even 2 others could split the trip?

C- hell no, the mom is insane

D- hell no, 'cuz the grands will pitch a hissy

E- hell no, there are too many weirdos out on the road

or make up your own answer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate