Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 10:29 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,053 times

Advertisements

Okay then, dont know what the heck just happened here, type one word and it went, all I did was hit the space bar!

C21, yep it was the spanish looking condos and then a townhouse, terra cotta color on a golf course. Dont remember which they choose, but some of those folks are just so phoney you have to laugh. How come every one of these house hunting shows the people always walk into a room and say OH it is so spacious? OR they look at the dang fireplace with a wood pile in it and then ask is it a wood burning fire place? I always yell back no its the garbage pit.

Dogmom, know all about the escape artists! My old dog got so bad I ran an electric wire around the bottom of the fence, left it for about 2 weeks and she never ever got near the fence again. Though she did try to tunnel her way out, started about 15' away and guess she wore herself out, came home to find her sleeping in a trench!

well I have another early day in the morning, and I have 8 doors to stain out so YOU all have good dreams and we will catch you tomorrow!

PS>>>>My dd dumped her boytoy!!

Old 07-10-2009, 11:34 PM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,783,209 times
Crazyma and fellow campers -- I (think -- on the 20th, I'll know for sure) -- I sold my house!! I took a HUGE financial hit, but I got enough to pay off my huge mortgage, and a little bit to get a mortgage on a mobile home. Instead of repeating everything I said on our "Women Retiring Alone" thread, I'm pasting the posts from there. I will check back later, but wanted to let you know I'm in the last part of my horrible anxiety over this. As you read the posts, you will see the strange twists of fate -- it turned out, because I got so little profit -- to be a good twist, but a very unexpected twist. Phew.....just six more weeks, and I should be in my new place as long as all goes well.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/9659209-post2417.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/9702259-post2445.html

Thanks to all the campers who have been so encouraging!! HDL found me first! She saw these above posts, and I know she knew my situation, so I'm glad HDL got to see them!! My happy camper who helped me with her prayers!

I'm too tired to post more...but wanted to let you know the update! Thanks for all your help!!

Last edited by Wisteria; 07-11-2009 at 12:05 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 07-10-2009, 11:58 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,271,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Okay then, dont know what the heck just happened here, type one word and it went, all I did was hit the space bar!

C21, yep it was the spanish looking condos and then a townhouse, terra cotta color on a golf course. Dont remember which they choose, but some of those folks are just so phoney you have to laugh. How come every one of these house hunting shows the people always walk into a room and say OH it is so spacious? OR they look at the dang fireplace with a wood pile in it and then ask is it a wood burning fire place? I always yell back no its the garbage pit.

Dogmom, know all about the escape artists! My old dog got so bad I ran an electric wire around the bottom of the fence, left it for about 2 weeks and she never ever got near the fence again. Though she did try to tunnel her way out, started about 15' away and guess she wore herself out, came home to find her sleeping in a trench!

well I have another early day in the morning, and I have 8 doors to stain out so YOU all have good dreams and we will catch you tomorrow!

PS>>>>My dd dumped her boytoy!!
Painter, YAY Boytoy gone!!

My dogs aren't naturally diggers...or at least they have not lived anywhere with such soft desert dirt to dig
I have to admit now I feel a little paranoid about it. We are plumb outta money for landscape...I don't know what we are going to do..sorry, venting. I look online and on tv and see these beautiful grass backyards with trees. Maybe we should have spent more money and found somethign that was landscaped. We need to lay sprinkler pipe, some sod, pour patio slabs outside our family and bedroom, patio covers, the very back and sides of the yard slope up so need some kind of retaining wall. The last time we bought a home with dirt was the brand new house in 2004 that we only stayed in for a year. The backyard turned out so nice, we had put in a nice spa, textured patio slabs, sod, retaining walls, etc...then we (I) got on my high horse and wanted to move up to NorCal..we all know what happened from there...moved, then moved again, then moved again and now here.

Old 07-11-2009, 12:02 AM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,785,211 times
Thumbs up YEA Wisteria!!!!

I didn't want to be the one to share YOUR good news for you , so I'm glad that you posted it tonight ! Remember to come back here and let us know about your pets . I was thinking that maybe someone in CrazyCamp 'might' be able to help you with finding your cat a forever home . And at the very least, we are all animal lovers and understand your sadness over having to rehome most of them, so we can definitely lift you and your fur babies up in our prayers !

Blessings sweet sister

Hugs and prayers,

~HDL~

p.s.
My exciting news has taken a summer hiatus . Thank you for all your posts asking when my announcement will be. I am considering using the 'outhouse' for any updates !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
Crazyma and fellow campers -- I (think -- on the 20th, I'll know for sure) -- I sold my house!! I took a HUGE financial hit, but I got enough to pay off my huge mortgage, and a little bit to get a mortgage on a mobile home. Instead of repeating everything I said on our "Women Retiring Alone" thread, I'm pasting the posts from there. I will check back later, but wanted to let you know I'm in the last part of my horrible anxiety over this. As you read the posts, you will see the strange twists of fate -- it turned out, because I got so little profit -- to be a good twist, but a very unexpected twist. Phew.....just six more weeks, and I should be in my newe place as long as all goes well.

Thanks to all the campers who have been so encouraging!! HDL found me first! She saw these above posts, and I know she knew my situation, so I'm glad HDL got to see them!! My happy camper who helped me with her prayers!

I'm too tired to post more...but wanted to let you know the update! Thanks for all your help!!

Old 07-11-2009, 12:11 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,271,143 times
Quote:
Crazyma and fellow campers -- I (think -- on the 20th, I'll know for sure) -- I sold my house!! I took a HUGE financial hit, but I got enough to pay off my huge mortgage, and a little bit to get a mortgage on a mobile home. Instead of repeating everything I said on our "Women Retiring Alone" thread, I'm pasting the posts from there. I will check back later, but wanted to let you know I'm in the last part of my horrible anxiety over this. As you read the posts, you will see the strange twists of fate -- it turned out, because I got so little profit -- to be a good twist, but a very unexpected twist. Phew.....just six more weeks, and I should be in my new place as long as all goes well.

Wisteria, that is WONDERFUL news...sounds like its working out just like it is supposed to! Now you need to stay with us here, we are all friends..ok! Keep us in the loop!
Barb

Old 07-11-2009, 01:05 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,180,895 times
Painter!! LOL boytoy bad, boytoy go way, YAY

Hey dogm- you could always try spreading some rock/gravel aroudn the perimeter of the fnec. might keep from digging?

HDL the OUTHOUSE good one!! I got it I guess we need SPANKED??!!!! rotfl

Hey WISTERIA awesome news for you!! who said God doesn't move in mysterious ways! Was that the young VA family, or do I have it mixed up with someone else? And the new place inSC is rocking- that is what I want next- something small and manageable! wee Haaa!! Hey, do you think the young couple might give your ragdoll a home???

okay, up way too late goofing off, beddy bye
GOOD sweet peeps!!

Old 07-11-2009, 07:19 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,043,447 times
Quote:

Oh Wisteria, I am soooooooo happy for you. It's just adorable (I LOVE the exterior colors!) and right across from the pool! In a beautiful area! Well God definitely smiled down on you girl! I know there is the perfect home too for the animals you can't take. What a wonderful way to start another work day - good news from the Camp! XXOO

Old 07-11-2009, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post

C21, yep it was the spanish looking condos and then a townhouse, terra cotta color on a golf course. Dont remember which they choose, but some of those folks are just so phoney you have to laugh. How come every one of these house hunting shows the people always walk into a room and say OH it is so spacious? OR they look at the dang fireplace with a wood pile in it and then ask is it a wood burning fire place? I always yell back no its the garbage pit. Valle Escondido - that's what I thought and had even placed a 'mental bet' that's what you'd say. An yeah, I know those people (sales people) so . . . . we have a new listing in same development that I have to get on-line, and a lot of FSBOs with people 'cause I only accept exclusives and with a FSBO we deal directly with the seller not a non-exclusive agent. We just have a flyer in our FSBO folder and do slideshow on computer with a ton of pics - well, we do those on our exclusives too, but they're the one's on line etc. I promise, cross my heart and hope to die, if they pick me for a future episode I will not be so lame - hopefully they won't write a 'script' for me 'cause I'll tell them nope - this is how we're doing it

Think someone else brought up gravel or something as an alternative. Yeah, it can get way expensive on landscaping, etc. My Rott who passed when my son was just a baby, could get through anything, and I mean anything (well there weren't concrete fences then) . If he couldn't leap over it, he'd tunnel under and if that didn't work - well, he'd just take a flying run at the fence and go through it. Loved that darn dog, but the escape artist thing drove me bonkers especially since I was paying a lot of money, alone, to rent houses with fences just to keep him in! Darn dog - but I do miss him. He used to sleep with me every night until I married my son's dad.

PS>>>>My dd dumped her boytoy!! This is the one you didn't like, right? If so then YEAH!
Early morning here too work-wise, but still don't know why i keep waking up dizzy - wasn't feeling too bad last night, weird, but not bad but this is like the second or third morning when I've woke up dizzy as all get out. Once I'm up for a while it goes a way but . . . hmmm this is a new one for me. Givin' a whole new meaning to dizzy blonde.

Old 07-11-2009, 07:40 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,843,220 times
Hey Joy-could it be vertigo? If so pick up some Meclazine 12.5 mg and take 2 daily.

Painter-happy dancing over dd ditching bf?

Lord I am bored beyonf belief-1 month since being anywhere except hosp., docs, grocers-I feel like climbing a wall.

Old 07-11-2009, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
~HDL~

My exciting news has taken a summer hiatus . Thank you for all your posts asking when my announcement will be. I am considering using the 'outhouse' for any updates !
Well, that doesn't necessarily have to be a negative thing - maybe your 'exciting news' wasn't really what was meant to be and if it is then it will happen when it's supposed to happen. I don't know what the 'news' was but do know from experience that there have been so many times when I thought WOW this is it, then when it didn't turn out I'd find myself disappointed - everytime, maybe even 6 months later something would happen and I'd go "THAT'S why that didn't work out". Keep the faith sister and do love the 'outhouse' idea. Might use that one myself LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate