Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 04:07 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times

Advertisements

One day at a time-not fully yet!

It's been 13 mos for me and I just made a life change-slow and steady. The stores love me as I'm keeping the economy going.

Old 07-13-2009, 04:23 PM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,787,483 times
Unhappy Please keep me in your prayers.....

I've had a really rough day today !!! My dog got bit in the mouth at the park this afternoon and came walking back to me after getting bit with blood pouring out of the side of it's mouth. I immediately made a run to my car and got a towel and water and applied pressure to the area to get it to stop. Then I got him loaded into the car and off to my 'old' vet that I don't like because he's just one minute from the park and the Vet that I do like is ~ half an hour away and on vacation .

Fortunately the blood had stopped spewing from my dog's face and I got him into the Vet's office. Unfortunately, I ended up with the blood sucking owner who cares more about gouging his customers than he does about animals . This guy should NOT be doing this for a living (imho).

Long story short, after an hour I returned to get my dog and a bill for $355 and the news that my dog has Anal Sac Carcinoma . I asked him how he knew it was CANCER and he said that he didn't know for sure (as I could see the $$$$ signs spinning in his greedy little head )!!!

Please don't ask me to further explain as I left the place before I got into a fight over what I believe was "fee gouging" and didn't receive my dogs' meds for pain/antibiotics, so suffice it to say, more words will be said soon to this Doctor and I am trying to calmly compose myself and show my Christian side (if I can find it ).

PRAYERS are very much appreciated and when I am calm, I will post again !

Thanks,

~HDL~

Old 07-13-2009, 04:32 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,768 times
hey TEX glad you are back!

Niki- hope with hubby back it will be good

Lacey glad to an appetite may be returning! what is the fav casserole??

HDL and how did this esteemed vet ( snort snort) ascertain from a bite in the mouth that something 'might' be wrong with the other end?!?? Oh my!! yes chill and take care of pooch, THEN deal with it.
Prayers for ya girl.

crap, hubby home soom before school & no dinner yet!! egads- maybe a salad form wendy;s, I is too balh to think on it

bbl

Old 07-13-2009, 05:15 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,319 times
Tex, welcome home!!
hDL prayers for your pooch. focus on his mouth and see your real vet when he gets back. im sure you already thought about that.

Last edited by BCG8; 07-13-2009 at 05:25 PM..

Old 07-13-2009, 05:19 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
I've had a really rough day today !!! My dog got bit in the mouth at the park this afternoon and came walking back to me after getting bit with blood pouring out of the side of it's mouth. I immediately made a run to my car and got a towel and water and applied pressure to the area to get it to stop. Then I got him loaded into the car and off to my 'old' vet that I don't like because he's just one minute from the park and the Vet that I do like is ~ half an hour away and on vacation .

Fortunately the blood had stopped spewing from my dog's face and I got him into the Vet's office. Unfortunately, I ended up with the blood sucking owner who cares more about gouging his customers than he does about animals . This guy should NOT be doing this for a living (imho).

Long story short, after an hour I returned to get my dog and a bill for $355 and the news that my dog has Anal Sac Carcinoma . I asked him how he knew it was CANCER and he said that he didn't know for sure (as I could see the $$$$ signs spinning in his greedy little head )!!!

Please don't ask me to further explain as I left the place before I got into a fight over what I believe was "fee gouging" and didn't receive my dogs' meds for pain/antibiotics, so suffice it to say, more words will be said soon to this Doctor and I am trying to calmly compose myself and show my Christian side (if I can find it ).

Thanks,

~HDL~
HDL my friend..YIPES...don't get too crazy over the carcinoma thing, can you get pup to your regular vet?? Here you are all upset and get news like that..one thing at a time right...at least the bleeding is stopped and he is ok...that does sound like a lot of $$ for what happened..

Ok deep breath, one thing at a time get the meds and antibiotics and deal with the other a little later in the week...does your regular vet have someone taking over for him?

Ok saying a big PRAYER for ya girlfriend...Deep Breaths, now..

Old 07-13-2009, 05:29 PM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,785,113 times
Oh, HDL, I feel so bad for you!!! Our beloved pets!! And mean vets!

Go to the other "good" vet, and see what the "second opinion" is. I hope your dog is okay. I mean, if the dog got bit by another dog, don't you think that would constitute a wound, not cancer??? Keep nuturing your dog and see the good vet, and it may turn out that the other guy really is a crook! Your dog might have just been bit and bled!

Sometimes my blood just boils when I hear about people taking advantage of the vulnerability and love that others have.

Please keep us posted and prayers for your little guy. (((((HDL)))))

Old 07-13-2009, 07:05 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,046,770 times
Quote:

Thanks,

~HDL~
HDL I'm so sorry about your baby and don't worry too much about that crap about cancer - he got bit and at least blood stopped so get those antibotics and meds and like DM said maybe find out if the good vet has someone taking his place while he's out of town. On the other, well, I think I'd be having a hard time keeping my Christian side too and probably would have thrown him out a darn window. Okay, now I have to ask for forgiveness for even thinking that, but man I get steamed about people like this. Prayers being said, were anyway, but now I'll include your little guy in them too. XXOO PS Don't suppose you got the name of the other dog's owner 'cause if their dog is attacking other animals then they should help out with vet bills JMO

Old 07-13-2009, 07:06 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,372,237 times
Quote:

Thanks,

~HDL~
{{{{ Big hugs to you HDL. }}}} I am sending all my prayers to you and your beloved pet. That vet should be reported...isn't there a board of vetinarian medicine in which you can report him after you have calmed down and taken care of your dog with your regular vet?

Old 07-13-2009, 07:47 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times
Default Hdl!

Old 07-13-2009, 09:21 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,046,770 times
Lacey that's just great about Mr. L.! Now YOU can finally eat too. Since you can only cook for 4, then that means 3 portions for you I see red meat and weight gain in your future

Welcome back Texas Lobster and yes, when I said bro meant brother - was just being lazy. Shame you can't talk to him without SIL around and didn't think about the colors also being 'world champion' colors - but I guess both ways they are LOL Oh, and my dizzy issue is pretty much gone - was just a few days that I was bumping into stuff, etc. and then this morning other than my normal stumbling around pre-coffee, I've been good, soooooo. When I head my double ear infection, it lasted for a long time and was forced to go to Dr. Maybe just stress and stuff 'cause I read up on it and it said that can also cause sudden 'dizziness' etc. Anyway, pretty much back to my normal (yeah right) self!

Niki glad DH got back okay and fingers crossed he'll be home for a while.

Tambre, hats off to ya girl - takes a very special person to work with special ed, disadvantaged kids and what a difference you're making in their lives. Know it's hard work, but down the line everything you've given them will help give them a better life. You're the bomb!

So crazyma, how's my craig's list queen, doin'? Ever decide on dinner or say it and run to Wendy's LOL

CDC glad you're in the driver's seat - will be curious to see what this guy does. When he realizes you're not desperate to sell, maybe he'll get his head of of his A$$ and 'show you the money'. Like ya said, could still be a quick closing 'cause you be a single guy and can do what ya want

God Stoy, that's horrible! Even in MY profession I don't get called that - well other than the Evil Twins who called me a MF in my own office, but darn girl. In some ways it's almost a shame they took away corporal punishment in school - a few 'licks' with a wood paddle would help them learn some respect. I actually won the award in school for the most in one year! 13 Though was for being smart a$$ - but at least we didn't call our teachers names or have to have metal detectors in schools. 'course now I've probably opened a can of worms about corporal punishment 'cause it's not real in vogue, but at least we weren't shooting our classmates and teachers - most we did was mouth off a bit and go behind the school and smoke cigs. I would smart off to my BB coach and he would just give me 'the look', which I knew was to start running up and down the bleachers until I couldn't breath. Yes, I was a bad child but I sure as heck learned respect even if it was the hard way. Now kids know the law so well they make stuff up just to get their parents in trouble - anyway, something wrong with that picture.

Well, think I'm gonna turn in early again - maybe that's what i've needed. Albert has learned a new trick - he starts looking real intently at someplace on the floor like there's a bug I need to squish then when I get up he meows and heads to the bedroom. One smart and very disturbing animal I have. Hasta Manana campers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate