Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 08:49 PM

43,266 posts, read 77,043,330 times

Advertisements

Zillow Zestimates are for people who think bubblegum cigars are hand rolled in Cuba.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 09:49 PM

15,572 posts, read 40,409,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
bubblegum cigars are hand rolled in Cuba.
They're not?

Old 07-12-2009, 10:06 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,142,320 times
Zillow Zestimates are zuseless!

Old 07-13-2009, 06:04 AM

469 posts, read 1,484,762 times
Zillow Zestimates are not bad in some markets that have alot of perfectly conforming track homes that have very little variation between zip codes and all comparable sales are published by the county clerk in an easily accessible format. Now I think it is fair to say that there are very few areas that meet these criteria and therefore very few places where Zillow Zestimates will provide any value other than entertainment.

Old 07-14-2009, 04:36 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesww View Post
Zillow Zestimates are not bad in some markets that have alot of perfectly conforming track homes that have very little variation between zip codes and all comparable sales are published by the county clerk in an easily accessible format.
Actually, my house meets all these prerequisites, but instead of having a reasonable value since day one, it's been showing a ridiculous trend ever since it was put up on the site. The constant adjustments are being made not because the market is tanking but because of zillow’s own incompetence.

All records are public in AZ and anybody can check the sale history of any property on the assessor's website for free. Evidently, only zillow can't! They claim they have no sale history. Not that I'm complaining about that... one thing less to be messed up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elke Mariotti View Post
Zillow Zestimates are zuseless!
Exactly!

Old 07-17-2009, 02:28 PM

44 posts, read 111,910 times
These zestimates are sometimes way off, and it can go either way. They have better luck in areas where the neighborhoods have rows and rows of nearly identical same sized houses, flat streets, large builder subdivisions, much uniformity. They do not work well in areas with lots of variety in the neighborhoods, hills and valleys, winding roads, etc.

I would never base the value of any clients home on a Zestimate. Zuck is right!

Old 11-20-2011, 12:41 PM

1 posts, read 1,209 times
I believe we have some manipulation going on in my neighborhood. Zillow has properties "zestimated" in the low to mid $200,000's in my neighborhood in Prescott, AZ except..............this one house that is for sale and it's "zestimate" is $425.000 and the sale price is $450,000. There is nothing special about the home. The square footage is comparable to other homes in the neighborhood. Is it possible the real estate agent "fudged" some numbers? For what purpose? Just asking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate