Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2007, 03:49 AM

1,005 posts, read 1,890,442 times

Advertisements

Hello All -

I'm looking to re-relocate to Luzerne County in PA after many years away. I'm hoping to buy a fixer upper for under $25K (not hard to do in the Wilkes-Barre area) as I'm quite handy with a hammer & saw. I'd like to find a house with a built-in/attached hairshop (again, not few & far between in this area).

This would be a 1st home purchase for me & I've visited realtors in the past (in MA, GA & NC) with friends as a learning experience. I was shocked to see how unexperienced realtors were, how they over-exaggerated their claims to be "#1 in sales the area" (there are tens of realtors who claim this in the same area), how condos/homes were not pre-viewed so our mouths fell open seeing properties & how they had no knowledge of house condition amongst many other shocking things. Quite the learning experience to tag along, I must say. Now, I realize that this may be the 1/2 dozen I encountered, but I got the "used car salesperson" feeling from ALL of those I met & spent time with.

Can anyone answer a few questions for me, please? Do realtors specialize in home shop sales? How can I go about securing the services of a realtor who could help me with such a purchase? I'm in Boston & would be driving 330 miles one way to see properties, so would like to have someone I trust & feel confident in giving me valid, honest info with no surprises on the other side of the door.

Does anyone have a home hairshop who has done this before, no matter the state? I am licensed in several states, so know there are differences in boards, but I'd still love to hear from someone who has a home shop, no matter the state.

Thank you very much for any input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate