Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 11:52 AM

8,046 posts, read 28,405,061 times

Advertisements

Ok, I was going by the first link you posted, and it says the property must meet these requirements.
  • Applies to single-family homes and condos if they are your primary residence
  • The property must have been for sale prior to May 11, 2009 and must still be for sale
  • The property must be in default on or before March 1, 2009
  • The property has already been foreclosed on and is held by the bank or mortgage company
#4 says it has to be a bank or lender owned. I'm not from Georgia, just going by the link given.

*Edit* Ok, this link also says the same thing...

3. Is it true this credit is limited to the purchase of a single family residence?
YES, the tax credit is limited to the purchase of one single family residence.
Single-family residences (including condominiums) are eligible if they are:
* New residences, residences occupied at the time of sale, or previously occupied residences, if such residences:
- Were for sale prior to the effective date (5/11/09) and were still for sale after the effective date;
* Owner-occupied residences with respect to which the owner’s acquisition debt is in default on or before March 1, 2009; and
* Residences with respect to which a foreclosure event has taken place and which are owned by the mortgagor or the mortgagor’s agent.

at the end of item #2, it says AND ... to me, that means it has to meet all 3 requirements, not any of the above. If they mean all three types are individually eligible, then it should say OR.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 07:47 PM

125 posts, read 634,185 times
MAM: Thanks again for your help, and answering the question at hand

I ended up asking my Agent to request a copy of the Listing Agreement from the Listing Agent... he is currently awaiting her response.

My BFF just closed today and her agent just gave her a copy of the MLS (which you mentioned) that also has the listing date. I, like you reccommended, would prefer to have a copy of both -- just in case!!

MikeJaquish: It's not really a 'big deal'.. I just didn't know what documents would have a listing date on it - as I am not a realtor (or previous seller) just a first time homebuyer hoping the world wide web can help w/ my confusion . Also, I don't want the agent to just tell me to 'come on down.. to review it.." and put me at ease.. I need an actual copy for those sitting in the GA tax offices!! lol I want my $1,800!!

Lacerta: I understand where you may be confused with the wording. I really just wanted to know where I could find the listing date... I already understand the requirements.

Thanks again everyone!! Closing's just a few weeks away!!

Old 09-16-2009, 09:02 PM
Status: "Made the Retirement Run in under 12 parsecs!!!" (set 16 days ago)

43,160 posts, read 76,751,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaGal View Post
MAM: Thanks again for your help, and answering the question at hand

I ended up asking my Agent to request a copy of the Listing Agreement from the Listing Agent... he is currently awaiting her response.

My BFF just closed today and her agent just gave her a copy of the MLS (which you mentioned) that also has the listing date. I, like you reccommended, would prefer to have a copy of both -- just in case!!

MikeJaquish: It's not really a 'big deal'.. I just didn't know what documents would have a listing date on it - as I am not a realtor (or previous seller) just a first time homebuyer hoping the world wide web can help w/ my confusion . Also, I don't want the agent to just tell me to 'come on down.. to review it.." and put me at ease.. I need an actual copy for those sitting in the GA tax offices!! lol I want my $1,800!!

Lacerta: I understand where you may be confused with the wording. I really just wanted to know where I could find the listing date... I already understand the requirements.

Thanks again everyone!! Closing's just a few weeks away!!

LOL
I would want the $1800, too.
And as a listing agent, I would work with you as much as I could. I would let you see as much of the listing agreement as I could without compromising my seller. That may be the whole thing. And your mind would be at ease.
And after you closed, I would give you a copy so you could claim the cash.

But, I would not give you the agreement until you had closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate