Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 05:59 AM

110 posts, read 235,694 times

Advertisements

She's going to get you, my pretty, and your little dog, too...

Sorry, couldn't resist.

That's just freakish. Maybe she's following up hot and cold leads, but an email like that is inappropriate, IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2009, 06:18 AM

1,657 posts, read 4,070,608 times
There is public info and there what you do with public info.

I didn't give her my email address, or my home address, or what I paid for it.
To send someone an email with all that information on it to an email address that you did not give them is a little freaky. To use that information to tell you that because of her research she doesn't want you around her listings is edging of psycho.

Common, is there anyone on here who would start googling the info on visitors, then pull up their buying history, then tell them to 'cease and desist' if they did not think the visitors were qualified?

In the past I've had two reactions when I tell a realtor I'm just looking. 1) Disinterest or 2) They give me their card and mention their qualifications when they sell. I'd say 80% or more fall into category 2. Which is good for them, because I will be interviewing realtors this spring to sell my place.

Old 09-15-2009, 06:29 AM

1,999 posts, read 10,566,765 times
I was in sales for over 30 years, and, I can tell you, I have seen other people shoot themselves in the foot more than once. One time years ago I was taking a real estate course. At lunch where the teacher--a licensed real estate broker--was at eating with a bunch of us that were taking her class, I started asking some questions about buying a home to this teacher/broker. She started saying "see me in my office, X." Okay, I get that.
THEN when we get back to class after lunch she goes on and on about how people will "waste your time." She made an entire production about it in class. I have no idea if she was trying to humiliate me but I thought she was a fool to do what she did. I was asking just some basic questions as I WAS looking for a house then...something, I guess, she didn't ask about (like a simple question: Well, are you in the market to purchase a home now?). The questions I was asking weren't any heavy, in depth questions but just basic things.
Needless to say, she was NOT my salesperson when I bought a home a couple months later. What can I say? There are tons of LOSER salespeople out there.
This gal you were dealing with is a flake and a nut. Steer clear of her--although I think the suggestion you call her office and tell them you are looking to sell your house in the near future and WON'T be using them is a great idea.
...and I'll guarantee this nut isn't a good salesperson either and has few sales. A top salesperson doesn't have time for that kind of crap and isn't so petty. She sounds desperate. With her attitude, she's not going to last long.

Last edited by TootsieWootsie; 09-15-2009 at 06:37 AM..

Old 09-15-2009, 07:13 AM

43,284 posts, read 77,104,102 times
"I didn't give her my email address, or my home address, or what I paid for it.
To send someone an email with all that information on it to an email address that you did not give them is a little freaky."

Agreed. That is really odd, to have the agent dig up your email address.
And while public information is public, this is over the top.
I say print the email and send it to the managing broker of the firm, or just put the experience behind you. In or out...
And I would certainly honor the "request" to avoid her open houses. Like the plague...

Old 09-15-2009, 07:24 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,400,512 times
If you do print it to send to the broker, make sure you do it with full headers (any email program will allow you to open it up to those). Better yet would be to forward it to the broker as an attachment, so that they can confirm that it did, indeed, come to you from her and not from someone who has altered the headers in some way in order to stir things up. If it's possible that an agent would send you the email that you received, then it's equally possible that someone would do that to discredit her or to stir the pot because they need to get a life.

Old 09-15-2009, 07:29 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzo View Post
I knew that would come uo
Here is a reinactment
So she threatened to "eat you and your little dog, too" ?

This agent's reaction is over the top.

Agents know it's common for neighbors to check out Open Houses. Agents know that a substantial number of people coming through the door have no intention of buying anything. It's very common for an agent other than the listing agent to sit the Open House.

Most agents are not however, prepared for someone to bring their dog through the front door.

Seriously now, if you brought the dog with you, this sounds like a case of someone having a serious case of post visit, passive-aggression.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 09-15-2009 at 07:54 AM..

Old 09-15-2009, 07:37 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,046,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
If you do print it to send to the broker, make sure you do it with full headers (any email program will allow you to open it up to those). Better yet would be to forward it to the broker as an attachment, so that they can confirm that it did, indeed, come to you from her and not from someone who has altered the headers in some way in order to stir things up. If it's possible that an agent would send you the email that you received, then it's equally possible that someone would do that to discredit her or to stir the pot because they need to get a life.
Ditto here - amazing what some people will do to stir the pot on their competition, so do as THL recommended so the BIC knows in fact it was one of their people - or not. Either way the BIC will not be pleased. In Outlook if you just highlight the email in your inbox, then click file and 'options' it will show you details like ISP address.

Old 09-15-2009, 08:42 AM

2,124 posts, read 8,842,169 times
Wow, how does she define "open"????? I mean, when I have an OPEN house, that means it is freaking OPEN!! and I love the looky loo's!!

I would respond to her... hmm, I am going to be selling my home in xx timeframe and was checking out your marketing efforts... since you seem to "alienate" potential clients and prospects, I have learned all I need to know about you and am striking you from my list of agents to request a meeting with. thank you for making my job that much easier....

shelly

p.s. and when actually do list the house, send her a copy of the mls/flyer and say, see I wasn't kidding!!!

Old 09-15-2009, 08:55 AM

1,831 posts, read 4,435,039 times
How bizarre. She not only alienates you, but anyone else that you may have told about the house. What if you had friends who are looking to buy? She needs to put that energy into selling her listings.

Old 09-15-2009, 09:50 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,371,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Did you bring your dog with you, to the open house?
OMG!! I almost snorted ice tea up my nose!!! LMAO!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate