Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 10:02 AM

239 posts, read 642,248 times

Advertisements

I just sold to a couple from outside the US, that never stepped foot inside my condominium. It was recorded last Friday. They sent their realtor in to take photos, and were just concerned about holes in the wall. Fortunately, I gave them a place in perfect working order, with new carpet and flooring.

Shame on me for not cleaning the oven, but you can't have it all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2009, 12:08 PM

2,636 posts, read 7,432,146 times
I have a client going in a little bit today to write up an offer on a property we only saw once. We were on at the place for maybe 15 minutes at most.

Old 09-28-2009, 12:40 PM

862 posts, read 1,643,069 times
Thanks everybody. Relo company said it was a no-brainer. All we are waiting for now is the buyer to sign the relo co addendum about them just selling it not ever living there, and they can only offer the disclosure we the sellers gave them, yada yada yada. Her realtor said she has no problem signing it. Just waiting for her lunch break, which is in about 20 minutes.

Now if we can just satisfy the underwriter for the new place. I'm thinking the next thing we are going to have to justify is how much toilet paper we use each time we wipe. lol Just kidding. Not having to dig too far for anything, and if we don't have the documentation he's been taking our word on it.

Still can't wrap my head around buying a house with only seeing it once. Maybe it's cuz this is juust our 2nd house we've boughten.

Anyway thanks again!

Old 09-28-2009, 12:41 PM

862 posts, read 1,643,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaunespinoza View Post
Shame on me for not cleaning the oven, but you can't have it all.
OMG your post made me go check and sure enough the oven is messy. *L* I forgot to clean it!

Old 09-28-2009, 01:45 PM

1,392 posts, read 3,128,043 times
I made an offer on the house I now live in after only one "showing" but in reality, I had already seen the house dozens of times. The "showing" was the only inside showing where I had a walk through with the realtor. I made the offer that same day as the showing after the realtor and I left the house. The house was vacant and I used to drive buy it whenever I was in the neighborhood and look at it and examine it through the windows. So don't underestimate your buyers and like the other poster stated, I knew exactly what I was looking for and wasn't wasting any time getting it.

Old 09-28-2009, 02:27 PM

645 posts, read 1,964,727 times
I put an offer on a house after one showing. Prior to seeing the inside of the property I researched it online and also checked out the neighborhood at different times of the day.

Old 09-28-2009, 04:49 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,311,234 times
I bought the house I live in after walking 10 feet inside the front door. The reason I was able to do that is that all of the other homes we looked at were so bad at the same price, it was easy. After a half an hour, I managed to go upstairs and look at the rest of the house.

Old 09-28-2009, 05:03 PM

328 posts, read 886,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serate View Post
FULL LISTING PRICE! 3% for closing & prepaids, hubby's company pays 2% & we'll make up the other 1% which will come out of our selling bonus.

I am wondering tho is it normal for a buyer to purchase a house on one showing only? We had no repeat showings, and our realtor told us the offer came from the showing today. [Maybe that's why her realtor forgot to lock the door? Not an excuse but maybe we should give him a break on it.] I know when we bought this house we had already seen it twice, but when we decided it was the one our realtor made us come back. Same with our new house in KY. Saw it once, looked at a couple other houses, decided to put an offer in on this one and he insisted we check it out again.

I'm worried that the apprasial won't go through since it's listed $7,400 higher than the averaged appraised value. But then again I guess I just need to worry that the relo co will accept the offer. If they do then we are done with this house, even if appraisal or financing falls through.

but OMG we got a full offer in 9 days!
Congrats! I put an offer on my home the first time I saw it. Most people make a decision as soon as they step in the house. I think you should still continue to show the house to obtain back up offers. It is very difficult to get a mortgage in today's market.

Old 09-28-2009, 06:25 PM

1,418 posts, read 3,456,102 times
congratulations! we received an offer from a "one visit" potential buyer as well. They were in town from out of state so there was no availability to come back. They could just know what they love and wanted to get it before someone else did!

Old 09-28-2009, 06:40 PM

982 posts, read 3,487,163 times
Yay! Too bad you're not in VA...I have buyers but nothing to sell them. There are some people who know exactly what they want, and don't have to do a lot of shopping around to make a decision. Buying a house is different then other purchases because of the amount of money that's spent....but the decision process is very similar to the way you buy anything else. When someone wants to buy a car, he doesn't go to 30 different dealerships....so why would he need to see 30 different houses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by serate View Post
FULL LISTING PRICE! 3% for closing & prepaids, hubby's company pays 2% & we'll make up the other 1% which will come out of our selling bonus.

I am wondering tho is it normal for a buyer to purchase a house on one showing only? We had no repeat showings, and our realtor told us the offer came from the showing today. [Maybe that's why her realtor forgot to lock the door? Not an excuse but maybe we should give him a break on it.] I know when we bought this house we had already seen it twice, but when we decided it was the one our realtor made us come back. Same with our new house in KY. Saw it once, looked at a couple other houses, decided to put an offer in on this one and he insisted we check it out again.

I'm worried that the apprasial won't go through since it's listed $7,400 higher than the averaged appraised value. But then again I guess I just need to worry that the relo co will accept the offer. If they do then we are done with this house, even if appraisal or financing falls through.

but OMG we got a full offer in 9 days!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate