Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 07:09 PM

250 posts, read 683,298 times

Advertisements

To everyone,
I took a recent almost identical comp 2 doors down....House 1 sold 3 months ago at 80K less than this house. Both ranches...House 1 was 400sq feet larger and open floor plan updated to imperfection(granite, ss, marble etc.) but had .22 less land. Believe me this house 2 is overpriced and should be priced in my price range. Anyone w/ half a brain and two eyes can tell you this....and no it is far from rocket science...they just hope we are too stupid to tell. Doesn't matter...I have moved on...let their house sit....on to the next house.
Thanks for all you posts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2009, 07:40 PM

332 posts, read 1,280,031 times
If it is 75K overpriced then unless you are putting down a large downpayment then it probably would not pass thru today's appraisal process. Alot of lenders are only looking at properties that sold in the last few months and demanding a minimum of 6 comparables.

Old 10-06-2009, 10:43 PM

110 posts, read 235,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Many sellers are in denial about the price drops. Some don't have to sell, yet. This time next year will be a whole new world in real estate. Just wait them out.
We've been hearing that for what, three years now? Hope that fence is comfy.

Old 10-06-2009, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCMT View Post
To everyone,
I took a recent almost identical comp 2 doors down....House 1 sold 3 months ago at 80K less than this house. Both ranches...House 1 was 400sq feet larger and open floor plan updated to imperfection(granite, ss, marble etc.) but had .22 less land. Believe me this house 2 is overpriced and should be priced in my price range. Anyone w/ half a brain and two eyes can tell you this....and no it is far from rocket science...they just hope we are too stupid to tell. Doesn't matter...I have moved on...let their house sit....on to the next house.
Thanks for all you posts
Well....was the comp a foreclosure or short sell?

Old 10-06-2009, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMichelle View Post
To the OP
You are not a sucessful buyer yet you "know" what properties "should" sell for. Hum.
My friend, it's a market place not a playground.
Touche'

Old 10-06-2009, 10:59 PM

1,570 posts, read 5,986,227 times
No - it's not "rocket science" ... if you know what the price "should be" - pony up some earnest money and write an offer - BUY IT! If you are right, you will have a deal! If not, you'll get your hand slapped. Stop playing around. The market is not formed by people complaining about pricing. The market if formed by sales. So, be a serious buyer & buy something.

Old 10-07-2009, 05:30 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,725,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMichelle View Post
No - it's not "rocket science" ... if you know what the price "should be" - pony up some earnest money and write an offer - BUY IT! If you are right, you will have a deal! If not, you'll get your hand slapped. Stop playing around. The market is not formed by people complaining about pricing. The market if formed by sales. So, be a serious buyer & buy something.
I don't know anything about you, but that was spoken like someone with an overpriced listing!

Many potential buyers over the past two years would be totally screwed if they took your advice of, you know, "Stop playing around, and be a serious buyer."

Old 10-07-2009, 06:27 AM

250 posts, read 683,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
I don't know anything about you, but that was spoken like someone with an overpriced listing!

Many potential buyers over the past two years would be totally screwed if they took your advice of, you know, "Stop playing around, and be a serious buyer."

Answering a few post.....No house 1 was neither a short sale or foreclosure. And the more I sit on this fence the nicer fence it will be in the end. I have earnest money...I have 30% to put down, but will not put it down on homes that will suck it up before I even get my key in the door. I also am tired of putting in strong fair market offers w/ pre approval, no debt, no contingencies and nothing to sell along w/ no lease on my apartment and sellers still won't budge and waste my time. My time is just as precious at theirs and at this point when something is way overpriced I won't even bother. Until I see them come down to a more realistic level will I then make an offer at this point....it literally is a waste of my time.
I have been a responsible person who has saved and sacrificed many things and will not waste it on someone elses mistake or greediness. They should know the market and stop playing stupid.

Old 10-07-2009, 06:36 AM

Just curious, OP, where exactly are you looking to buy a home?

Did you put an initial offer on the comp that sold?

Old 10-07-2009, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post

Many would not. We bought late last year, got a good deal. If we had rented instead, I'd now be out more than what my home has declined in value.

Of course, we bought in a fairly steady moving price range ($150-170k). We weren't looking to buy the $300k house for $200k. Some people want the mcmansion on the beer budget. Unforunately, they may be waiting a long time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate