Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2009, 08:50 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,043,447 times

Advertisements

OK this is going to be a selfish post. Sorry. Albert is real sick. He was doing fine after his last - totally normal Albert. Eating, drinking, acting all normal until right before I went to bed last night. Then I noticed he was meowing a bit strange but didn't give it a lot of thought, so went ahead and went to bed thinking he'd follow (even answered your DM Annie), then it dawned on me he hadn't come to bed - and he's usually right there when I'm plugging in my laptop etc. Came in long enough to sit on a bag on the floor, then went out and laid under my rocker in the LR

He was just crying and making very loud noises so thought maybe same thing with his you know, so put more cream - he stayed under the chair all night. Even last time when he was sick, he came and slept with me and last night and first time in 3 years he didn't sleep with me. About 4AM he woke me up 'cause he was making loud crying, moaning noises, heard him throwing up (in kitchen) and when food left, then it was just whatever else was left in his stomach (like us when we get sick and throw up so much we're throwing up liquid). Finally got him out from under the chair but it was a real hassle, had to move the whole rocker and it's heavy, carried him into the bedroom and put him in bed, but he jumped down and kind-of laid by the doorway to the bedroom crying on and off, then back under the chair. On and off all night he'd wake me up crying.

He's still under my chair and gonna get him to the vet - (she wasn't there the last time when he was sick and then he got all better so . . . . ). Now well, he's never gotten sick the entire time I've had him except for the last time and don't know why he was OK, then now worse than then. Every few minutes he just makes this loud moaning sound.

So please huge prayers for my Albert. Don't even know how I'll be able to get him in his carrier to get him to town to the vet. I have my assistant trying to get hold of her to explain situation but I'm scared girls and need my friends to pray for my little guy. Just don't know what to do - prayed all night and hardly any sleep. So just include him in your prayers and now I have to get myself halfway decent, like run a brush through my hair and find out if my assistant could reach the vet. Love you all and please pray for Albert.

Old 10-09-2009, 09:14 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,593,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
OK this is going to be a selfish post. Sorry. Albert is real sick.
That's frightening...prayers for you and Albert Joy. I'm sure the vet will figure out what's wrong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Hey peeps, c/ma reporting in, heard I was missing. Maybe someday I will find myself. snort snort
Hey C'ma good to see you around and about!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Morning all and Tex glad you had fun-we did too. Laughs, drinks and wings-life's good.

Today's our son's and grandson's birthdays. Born not only same day but same hour and minute (11:16AM). Only difference--son was 9 lbs3oz and GS 4lbs8oz.
Sounds like GS was a preemie or close to it. Happy B-day to B-day twins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Morning out there.....Lacey that is pretty cool, wish them a special b'day from me.

Here is the lame azz excuse I just recieve via e-mail from agent. Sorry I didn't take your calls. I have been busy with visitors and finalizing contracts. Will try to talk to you tomorrow but I have showings in the morning. Now gals dont even ask what I have to say about this crap! She knows I am ticked off and she is avoiding me and all the excuses in the world is not gonna change the facts.
Sorry you're having such a hard time with your sorry excuse for an agent It's just really sad Ours always returned phone calls and emails...it's hard to understand the incompetence level of this idiot!

Old 10-09-2009, 10:51 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,271,143 times
Quote:
OK this is going to be a selfish post. Sorry. Albert is real sick. He was doing fine after his last - totally normal Albert. Eating, drinking, acting all normal until right before I went to bed last night. Then I noticed he was meowing a bit strange but didn't give it a lot of thought, so went ahead and went to bed thinking he'd follow (even answered your DM Annie), then it dawned on me he hadn't come to bed - and he's usually right there when I'm plugging in my laptop etc. Came in long enough to sit on a bag on the floor, then went out and laid under my rocker in the LR

He was just crying and making very loud noises so thought maybe same thing with his you know, so put more cream - he stayed under the chair all night. Even last time when he was sick, he came and slept with me and last night and first time in 3 years he didn't sleep with me. About 4AM he woke me up 'cause he was making loud crying, moaning noises, heard him throwing up (in kitchen) and when food left, then it was just whatever else was left in his stomach (like us when we get sick and throw up so much we're throwing up liquid). Finally got him out from under the chair but it was a real hassle, had to move the whole rocker and it's heavy, carried him into the bedroom and put him in bed, but he jumped down and kind-of laid by the doorway to the bedroom crying on and off, then back under the chair. On and off all night he'd wake me up crying.

He's still under my chair and gonna get him to the vet - (she wasn't there the last time when he was sick and then he got all better so . . . . ). Now well, he's never gotten sick the entire time I've had him except for the last time and don't know why he was OK, then now worse than then. Every few minutes he just makes this loud moaning sound.

So please huge prayers for my Albert. Don't even know how I'll be able to get him in his carrier to get him to town to the vet. I have my assistant trying to get hold of her to explain situation but I'm scared girls and need my friends to pray for my little guy. Just don't know what to do - prayed all night and hardly any sleep. So just include him in your prayers and now I have to get myself halfway decent, like run a brush through my hair and find out if my assistant could reach the vet. Love you all and please pray for Albert.
Ok Joy, you got it girl..tons of prayers for you and Albert..we know that prayer works so girls lets get this thing going..let us know as soon as you find out anything...wonder if its a kidney infection or something..hard to tell, these little critters can't tell us and we all know how awful it is when something happens to our babies..

Let us know Joy, he's a tough little guy and I'm sure things will be ok))

Old 10-09-2009, 10:52 AM

P.S. JOY...you are NOT being selfish, Lord knows you help us all soo much..

Old 10-09-2009, 11:40 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,843,220 times
Joy any update yet???

Gold yes GS was 6 weeks early.

Old 10-09-2009, 11:50 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,367,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Speaking of green. lol

gargled with salt water. Throat hurts like a bat out of h---.. i guess I was doomed lol to get this one way or another........No whiskey in house Joy...but good idea. I did have honey tea and lemon. Maybe thats why I am wide awake now lol.......but my eyes are burning lol.................
Hope you feel better soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Hey peeps, c/ma reporting in, heard I was missing. Maybe someday I will find myself. snort snort

Sticky huh? does that call for hipwaders? Will camp catch more flies now?? Does that mean camp is sweet? Pardon me, can you pass the handwipes. I always like being on top, heh heh

tramp tramp
on in to camp.
you know you read it, you voyeurs you!

HEE HAW- off to camp

Gosh, I missed your sense of humor!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Today's our son's and grandson's birthdays. Born not only same day but same hour and minute (11:16AM). Only difference--son was 9 lbs3oz and GS 4lbs8oz.
That is freaky!!! How cool!! Glad you fun at the local cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Here is the lame azz excuse I just recieve via e-mail from agent. Sorry I didn't take your calls. I have been busy with visitors and finalizing contracts. Will try to talk to you tomorrow but I have showings in the morning. Now gals dont even ask what I have to say about this crap! She knows I am ticked off and she is avoiding me and all the excuses in the world is not gonna change the facts.
What a lame azz realtor--she's afraid to face you.
Quote:
OK this is going to be a selfish post. Sorry. Albert is real sick.
Joy--you have my prayers! Please let us all know ASAP. I will be praying and thinking of Albert all day.

Hi Barb, Stoy, Amy, Gold, Lorrie, Roth, Niki, etc...Don't mean to forget anyone...just can't think right now.

Old 10-09-2009, 01:55 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,022,098 times
Joy, sending tons of prayers over and over again.
NJ feeling better?

Old 10-09-2009, 02:27 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,147,511 times
Joy, saying a prayer for Albert. Did you get him to the vet? If so, what did she say?

Old 10-09-2009, 02:27 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,043,447 times
Smile So have I told you lately that I just love you girls!

First, thank you all for your prayers, because they definitely worked. If my assistant would have called the vet even 10 minutes later she would have been gone and down in David. So here's the low down on my precious one, who got out of his carrier, immediately curled up under the bed on one of my big tote bags and is fast asleep. Poor thing didn't get any sleep last night so he's out like a light. I'm tired but opted for a frickin' beer 'cause I was a mess lol

So the vet (who is just awesome) and has 4 adopted street cats herself, said it's common and actually there's been a 'rash' of cats about Albert's age having problems. Some much worse because they had been on the streets longer (Albert was like 2 months old when I rescued him). But the vet says that because they're strays, etc. they are prone to various genetic problems. It's usually when the cat is about 2 or 3 do they start 'manifesting' their problem and he was right around his 3rd birthday when he first had probems. In Albert's case it wasn't his pee pee at all (or other orafice); she said they were perfectly healthy. But when she felt the lower part of his body and he was obviously in pain, she immediately knew what was wrong - some of the other 'street' cats have had the same problem (of course she took his temp which he wasn't too keen about), but his 'genetic issue' is renal and the cat food - even the so called better stuff you buy at the grocery stores like Friskies, Whiskas, etc. are all high in salt. In Albert's case = NOT GOOD.

So she gave him a shot of heavy duty pain medicine, a shot of antibiotics, sent me home with a full/dose syringe of the pain medication in case tonight he still is in a lot of pain (IOW the loud scream/whining/crying he was doing last night and this morning), sent me with 3 empty syringes with no needle like the extra pain medicine one has (to have back ups in case one broke), because his antibotics and lower dose pain meds have to be ground down and mixed with a little water, so that I can put - a little at a time - down his throat to make sure he takes it all, wrote a script for the lower dose pain meds and antibiotics and guess what the cost was? $15 - now the antibotics, starting tomorrow, I have to give him 2 times a day for 6 days and 3 days of the lower strength pain meds cost in total another $2.70. High price was, of course, the special cat food (Hills Prescription Diet) where they have several different types depending on the animals needs - that ran about $14-15 (though that was in Boquete and I'll have Naiky buy it from now on at PriceSmart in David). I also have to mix in with his water for a day or two a little bit of water with electrolites (sp) like humans drink, but just not flavored - just to competely flush out any salt and get things back in order.

Good news is she said he'll be just fine - I just can't give him any other cat food, but the one with no salt and make sure he takes all of his antibotices for 6 days (hence why I have to grind them up with a bit of water and use syringe so he doesn't spit it out and takes them) and he'll be good as new.

Considering I always bought the high quality, special dog food for my pure bred Rott, I have no problem whatsoever paying more for the 'good stuff' so Albert is with me for at least another 18 years or so.

Thank you all for your prayers and guess I have another 'expat' story to post on my thread - abiet wish it would have been a different one where poor Albert wasn't in pain, but I was literally cringing when Naiky asked the Vet what everything was going to cost and she said $15.

So my baby says thank you too, in spirit, 'cause I figure he'll sleep for quite a while - but already have his food bowl filled with his special food, his water ready, clean litter box so once he finally wakes up and is hungry "No salt for you". Thank you again girls. I could feel the prayers from 3000 miles away! Now I'm going to use what little bit of energy I have left, make a post on my thread - try to get hungry so I can eat then I'll be back in full swing, though a little loopy from lack of sleep and cerveza. XXOO

Old 10-09-2009, 02:30 PM

No word yet from Joy?? Oh dear...sending prayers...

NJ hope you are feeling better, hot salt water gargle helps but then you know that...just take it easy...

been putzing around here this morning, feeling a little better than yesterday but getting ready to lay down for a while, just took another pain pill and they make me a litte woozy, which isnt a bad thing unless you are out driving which i am NOT!..

Ok later campers..hey Painter give that lazy azz agent the boot..WTF..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate