Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2009, 09:31 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,843,220 times

Advertisements

I know Tambre-this must be brutal for you guys. Just waiting! Cute about the dogs.

I really don't think she'll call and I may but no invite will be forthcoming.

It would be so nice if she was nice because the holidays stink.

Old 11-15-2009, 10:16 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,043,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Stoy could be in CO for awhile-snowbound.

That must hurt Joy!
Yeah, whether 500 miles away or 3000, 24 or 40 they're still our babies. At least I'll have Misty Rose on Christmas morning so that's my bright spot! Maybe, PLEASE she'll be out of the chewing stage lol then she can sleep with me. The statue you bought for your DD is about as tall as the VM I have in my office - my assistant who's like a DD to me bought it for me last year for Christmas - I'm not Catholic but makes me feel a bit more tranquil to have her there looking over me. Plus no one goes off on me in my office with her there lol bad Karma and all that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post

Yes, Annie was a witness to the way I was treated on one thread over in the dog forum, especially by one particular poster. What a FREAK!

That's just so rude! While yeah I'm all for rescuing, swear I have a 'animal sucker' sticker on my front door, I would never go off on someone for buying v rescuing. Hell I paid $800 for Heiden my Rott and he was the one that wasn't 'show quality'. Like everything else, it's a choice. But you know, I see people like that so much on the RE forum that I guess there's psychos on all the forums who think 'everyone' should be and think just like them. GAG - if everyone in the world was like me, I'd kill myself 'cause no way I could stand to be around a bunch of people just like me lol The cat people seem to be nice when I've had questions but not like I hang there all the time; when I got Misty did post some new mommy questions and do post on the rainbow bridge when someone loses an animal - pretty much only go to the camp/RE and the music forum. (do sometimes check other threads to see what folks are up to, just don't post)

Thanks for rooting for my boys tomorrow!

Well and in my case, won't be too hard to find something black and gold LOL

Stay inside--those guns?? Are those the crazy rednecks that have no sense who are shooting off the guns?

I was from Oklahoma and they didn't shoot guns off like that and OK is redneck central (sorry any Oklahomans, but . . . ) We always had guns around but not like we'd be firing them off all the time.

Carol if they're drinking and we know they are when doing it, isn't there SOMETHING that can be done - like using a firearm under the influence? Not like these boys are Dick Cheny or anything lol

Yes, my sister wants Bella to have one litter and then get her spayed. Yep...they sure were rude on the one thread on the dog forum. I post there as little as possible.
Girl I wouldn't either if they're like that - like I said, not that I hang out there all the time, but the cat people were helpful. Course not sure what some would say if I posted I bought a cat so . . . maybe some of them would do the same thing, but A and Misty were both adopted. Misty is 'playing like a good girl' now and sleeping. Dang this girl is really starting to eat a LOT! Filled her bowl up last night before bed so she'd let me sleep in and she had wiped it out by morning. Just bought her a bag of food on friday and swear she's almost 1/2 the way through it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post

so this house is off our list....
No - for the love of God, hide that animal carcass if you're selling your house

Quote:
this is the highlight of the house we like

beautiful cabinets and hardware!! love it! and the pantry to the left!
I did love that kitchen, Stoy. Know you're going to find the perfect house! I'm so excited for you

Quote:
Oh dear Lord Stoy-what's wrong with people. We also saw some disgusting sights and now my son who's hunting for their first home said "Mom what's with people?"

LOL does make ya wonder, huh. I personally loved showing the house with white carpeting that the smell of urine was so bad it almost knocked us off our feet as soon as the front door was opened. We had to cover our noses during the 'brief' time we were in it. What's really sad is that I tried to be nice and called the listing agent and tell him 'for the love of God man tell your clients to replace the carpet and padding' and the guy never even called me back. Personally, I would have never accepted the listing to begin with. Was a shame because it was a gorgeous home - can't believe people would let such a nice house turn into a gross out pit from hell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Morning,

Shelley, so little Watson hasn't been able to get past the diaper with Bella. That is so funny, but so sad, lol. Sorry about how rude the people were on the Pets thread. You think they would support other animal lovers, instead of being snarky.

Yeah, snarky people everywhere and some are just downright rude and insulting - and people like that call themselves animal lovers?

Joy, how's Shredder, uh, I mean Misty. Hope your hands and legs won't have any permanent scars. Such is motherhood. Would love to see some more pictures of your little one.
Hey Amy, now I know what her nickname can be: The Shredder Yeah, I hope no scars either but got enough of them already so what are a few more ya know? lol They'll fade in time so . . . I did bring the camera home so I'll upload some pics I took of her - one's a close up showing her big blue eyes. Was watching the boob tube last night and a cat food commercial came on and the cat in it had blue eyes too.

Quote:

Mr. L's fine and sil is laying low I guess as no calls or e-mails-LOL. Such a warm, fuzzy family-ugh.
Glad Mr. L is doing good and aren't families just wonderrrrrrrrrrrful? Not - I swear there's my niece and her son, then my DD. Rest are freaks of nature. Still think we should all write a book - each of us take a section and post our rudea## freak family stories. Bet we'd get a huge book deal out of it, then a sitcom and be rolling in $$$$ - not like there aren't others out there who wouldn't relate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Morning Ladies, All is quiet here this a.m., rather cool too at 41! Been out cleaning the water trough and refilling with fresh water and it got me goin for sure.

41 is cool - at least not sweating doing your chores but dang that's cool.

Stoy, I bet those houses have been sitting vacant awhile, must make them real inviting too! Are you looking specifically for a post and beam or log? If you're rural I suppose that would be best for the setting...gosh I would love to see CO. Me on about 100 acres with a fine cowboy to watch over my horses while I watch him........Oh I would be in heaven...dreamin'!

and I can see you on 100 acres with a good lookin' cowboy - there's a lot of them there. One of my roommates was a 'true' cowboy and even did horse tours for the tourists who would come up. Let me tell you Mark in a pair of tight jeans on a horse. Yummy - too bad we were just friends cause he really was a very handsome man - but the whole psuedo thing was going on so. Maybe I'll ring him up and see if he's still availble for ya

Lacey, I have several nativity scenes from my mom, she started collecting them afew yrs before she passed. But I still have my favorite from when I was a kid, guess its about 50-60 yrs old now. It really is shabby looking too and somewhere along the yrs, a head got ate off of the lamb. That critter gets fresh hay to hide it, don't want to frighten anyone away at the manger.

LMAO - that's too funny about the 'headless lamb'. Did one of the furbabies bite it's head off?

Tambre, I hope you are right but I have little faith in snowbirds this yr. I didn't get any hits this weekend either so that is 3 since FSBO...getting new comps Tues. from a agent.

My dd worked till midnight and had to be back in at 6 A>M>, so needless to say her end of the house is a mess. Just finished her laundry and now onto the rest of the house...no longer keeping spotless but there are no carcasses around here, lol.
God your poor DD and what a sweet mom to do her laundry and LMAO no carcasses lying around. Course they're probably over there at psycho boys place. Something really should be done with those boys. Like I said maybe not just for shooting off guns, but if they're doing it under the influence?????????

Quote:
Hey Lacey,

Glad that Mr. L's doing well. Family can really be a bear sometimes, and holidays sometimes bring out the worst of people, instead of the best. Maybe it's the stress, not sure. I've had my BIL say in front of his whole family, regarding my pumpkin pie, "This is disgusting". His wife was mortified, and everyone at the table was as well. She immediately made him apologize.

Good for her! I'll bet she also gave him a good tongue lashing once they got home too. That's just plain rude - eat it and keep your mouth shut if ya don't like it, ya know?

So, I have to tell you a story about my dogs. They sleep in our bedroom every night. So now, when they get tired at night, sometimes, they go up to the bedroom before we do, and go to sleep. It's pretty funny how human they seem sometimes.

A used to do that lol then when I didn't come in, he'd come back out and just sit looking at the bedroom door like 'mom, I'm ready now so get off the dang computer and come to bed' lol. That didn't work, that's when he'd start nipping at my feet. Misty isn't to that point yet as she still sleeps in the bathroom. I even have to take the toilet paper out so she doesn't shred it. Her nickname is now officially The Shredder!

We heard from our attorney, who heard from their attorney, that they may have word tomorrow about the closing. As Joy said, we're living in a state of perpetual anxiety. He was the one who told our attorney two weeks ago that we were "clear to close" last Wednesday, when they didn't even review the file until last Friday. It's hard, because we have to order the moving van, three days before the closing, since we are packing it ourselves.

I have 2 in that state now and about to beat some people - both should have closed long ago and keep having delays. I feel bad for our clients and of course means perptual follow up. Ugh. I really do hate attorneys.

Anyhow, I heard that Colorado is getting quite a bit of snow! Hope you can get your flight out, Stoy.
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow - in my case, let it rain, let it rain, let it rain. I'm really getting over it by now but flowers beautiful so . . . and no snow. I really do not miss that - loved CO during spring, summer and fall, then the snows would come Ugh.

Well hope everyone has a good day - need to write some emails (yes, attorneys about when the hell are we closing?) but I'll check back later.

Annie hope you're off having fun with kiddies and DH

Lorrie haven't seen you in a bit. Drop in and say hi!

Bye for now girls!

Old 11-15-2009, 11:16 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,367,988 times
Quote:

so this house is off our list....
OMG!!! What a mess!! I can't believe they showed the house like that!
Quote:

Tex if I could, I would but I have never done the photo thing-I'm so illiterate. It's about a foot tall, Mary,Joseph-she is on a donkey holding Baby Jesus.
Oh darn...wishing I could have seen it. I love nativity sets.
Quote:
M
Shelley, so little Watson hasn't been able to get past the diaper with Bella. That is so funny, but so sad, lol. Sorry about how rude the people were on the Pets thread. You think they would support other animal lovers, instead of being snarky.
I will have to upload the diaper pics of Bella. Maybe after the football game which is on now...so have to run! Yep they sure were snarky over there on the dog forum...try not to go over there too much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
gosh I would love to see CO. Me on about 100 acres with a fine cowboy to watch over my horses while I watch him........Oh I would be in heaven...dreamin'!
Oh me too Carol!! I have the same dreams as you do!!
Quote:
Family can really be a bear sometimes, and holidays sometimes bring out the worst of people, instead of the best. Maybe it's the stress, not sure. I've had my BIL say in front of his whole family, regarding my pumpkin pie, "This is disgusting". His wife was mortified, and everyone at the table was as well. She immediately made him apologize.

So, I have to tell you a story about my dogs. They sleep in our bedroom every night. So now, when they get tired at night, sometimes, they go up to the bedroom before we do, and go to sleep. It's pretty funny how human they seem sometimes.
That was awful about your BIL....what a jerk! Yes, he apologized but the damage was already done--you had hurt feelings.

How cute about your dogs!! You should post pics of your furbabies!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Yeah, whether 500 miles away or 3000, 24 or 40 they're still our babies. At least I'll have Misty Rose on Christmas morning so that's my bright spot! Maybe, PLEASE she'll be out of the chewing stage lol then she can sleep with me. The statue you bought for your DD is about as tall as the VM I have in my office - my assistant who's like a DD to me bought it for me last year for Christmas - I'm not Catholic but makes me feel a bit more tranquil to have her there looking over me. Plus no one goes off on me in my office with her there lol bad Karma and all that.

No - for the love of God, hide that animal carcass if you're selling

Hey Amy, now I know what her nickname can be: The Shredder Yeah, I hope no scars either but got enough of them already so what are a few more ya know? lol They'll fade in time so . . . I did bring the camera home so I'll upload some pics I took of her - one's a close up showing her big blue eyes. Was watching the boob tube last night and a cat food commercial came on and the cat in it had blue eyes too.
Misty is growing!! What a nice Christmas that will be with Misty, aka "The Shredder" ...LMAO!!

Can you believe they left a carcass laying around--that must have been an awful smell.

Can't wait to see more pics of Little Miss blue eyes!!

Old 11-15-2009, 01:27 PM

Talking The Shredder LOL

LOOK AT THOSE CLAWS

Old 11-15-2009, 01:54 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,147,511 times
OMG, The Shredder is so adorable! Those eyes are magnificent. I can't quite tell what color her fur is. In some pics it looks gray, and in others it looks more orangey/brown. Whatever color, she is beautiful.

Old 11-15-2009, 02:11 PM

Quote:
OMG, The Shredder is so adorable! Those eyes are magnificent. I can't quite tell what color her fur is. In some pics it looks gray, and in others it looks more orangey/brown. Whatever color, she is beautiful.
I concur 100%....Shredder is absolutely adorable and those eyes--my gosh--they are as blue as blue can be---just magnificent like Amy said.

My Steelers lost today against the BUNGALS! I'll be eating crap all week on the football forum.

Old 11-15-2009, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Thanks Amy And doesn't she look sooooo sweet, but she is The Shredder LOL eating me up as I type. Her fur is primarily kind of a smokey light brownish/white but in some lighting it looks smokey gray - the only thing that doesn't change are those big INNOCENT (liar) eyes! LOL I'll be curious exactly what color she'll end up being when she grows up - might always be this way where it changes color depending on lighting. Her tail and ears are a darker smokey brownish/black. Can you say 'who's your daddy?'

Old 11-15-2009, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
I concur 100%....Shredder is absolutely adorable and those eyes--my gosh--they are as blue as blue can be---just magnificent like Amy said.

My Steelers lost today against the BUNGALS! I'll be eating crap all week on the football forum.
NO tell me it ain't so how can that be? I'll pray when they go celebrate a bunch of them get thrown in jail, again.

Old 11-15-2009, 03:34 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,843,220 times
Tex NO I had them in the pool!!!!!!

Old 11-15-2009, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
NO tell me it ain't so how can that be? I'll pray when they go celebrate a bunch of them get thrown in jail, again.
I love this funny!! As for your rep point---we did that last year or maybe it was the previous year--we took our Rivers!!
Quote:
Tex NO I had them in the pool!!!!!!
Yes, it's true--they lost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate