Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2009, 08:38 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,053 times

Advertisements

Dogmom, I would say he is not thinking and is just ready to be home, has had all the fun he wants and is ready to be back in his own bed and comfy. I am the same way, lol....love to go places but love to be back home even more. Maybe once on the road he will change his mind.

Old 12-01-2009, 09:05 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,519,419 times
[quote=dogmom;11840623]Good Morning campers, gosh I am in so much pain when I get up in the mornings..Cindy has stairs and they about kill me going down then..once I get the coffee, my heated neck wrap and pain pill, its starting to calm down. We all slept late today, Carl still sleeping...

This wonderful chiro here is going to give me a website to check for a chiro in my area at home that does similar type adjustments....glory hallelujuah.. I hate doctor shopping...yes I am going to continue going to the chiro at home, as is Carl because I think it will help. I think a wonderful massage would work too, as a supplement..damn I need a day at a spa...the whole works don't you all think. Maybe my fam will think of it for a gift..

We are going to leave early early Thursday morning and he wants to drive straight through to Oklahoma, probably about 800 miles. If I help it should be ok, not sure of the miles..then we will get there about mid afternoon, get a nice visit with Ed and Karen and leave Friday morning..he wants to drive straight through, I don't. we'll see...we are too old to drive straight through I think..so maybe after we leave OK we can make it to Albuquergque or even Gallup, then its about 500 miles home from there. UGH. Can I fly please..

That is way to long to drive at one time and they say you should stop every few hours and walk around. You don't want to get a blood clot. That is why on the last trip to FL we stopped in Ga overnight. Since we have been taking all these trips to fl over two plus years my feet and leg swell up. Not a good sign and Gary with his history of blood clots you can never be to careful.
Safe trip Barb

Last edited by lorriem; 12-01-2009 at 09:35 AM..

Old 12-01-2009, 09:22 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,519,419 times
Gary just went to a cancer surgeon up here. He hasn't seen him in over a year so he went and took his last few scan results with him. He just called me and said he felt like a freak. Th nurse and then the Doctor took him around and said this guy should have died or have shown some signs of cancer again but he hasn't. They were in Awe. Gary again told him about being told to go home and die by our first surgeon (Not an option) and i told him we have to get an onc. Just so happens that a cancer center had just opened 5 min from us. We went to our gp who referred us to our ONC and he in turn had connection with one of the best LC surgeon at Moffitt. This surgeon took out the baseball size tumor and did a resection of Gary's bronci tube. He then said he got all the cancer out but go have chemo. It so happens that when a cancer growth is taken out some of it can get into the blood stream. So gary did the chemo thing also Thank God. I had a friend who also had the same type of LC and was told they got it all and no Chemo was needed. She died two years later of cancer through out her body. We are truly blessed. Just had to share again incase anyone reading this God forbid comes down with cancer and told they are cured. I am so glad we had a surgeon who gave us the option of Chemo.
This is not to say Gary won't get cancer again but so far so good.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:29 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,367,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Dogmom, I would say he is not thinking and is just ready to be home, has had all the fun he wants and is ready to be back in his own bed and comfy. I am the same way, lol....love to go places but love to be back home even more. Maybe once on the road he will change his mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
That is way to long to drive at one time and they say you should stop every few hours and walk around. You don't want to get a blood clot. That is why on the last trip to FL we stopped in Ga overnight. Since we have been taking all these trips to fl over two plus years my feet and leg swell up. Not a good sign and Gary with his history of blood clots you can never be to careful.
Safe trip Barb
Barb...put your foot down with Carl--way too long to drive in one day! We want you home safe and sound.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
Gary just went to a cancer surgeon up here. He hasn't seen him in over a year so he went and took his last few scan results with him. He just called me and said he felt like a freak. Th nurse and then the Doctor took him around and said this guy should have died or have shown some signs of cancer again but he hasn't. They were in Awe. Gary again told him about being told to go home and die by our first surgeon (Not an option) and i told him we have to get an onc. Just so happens that a cancer center had just opened 5 min from us. We went to our gp who referred us to our ONC and he in turn had connection with one of the best LC surgeon at Moffitt. This surgeon took out the baseball size tumor and did a resection of Gary's bronci tube. He then said he got all the cancer out but go have chemo. It so happens that when a cancer growth is taken out some of it can get into the blood stream. So gary did the chemo thing also Thank God. I had a friend who also had the same type of LC and was told they got it all and no Chemo was needed. She died two years later of cancer through out her body. We are truly blessed. Just had to share again incase anyone reading this God forbid comes down with cancer and told they are cured. I am so glad we had a surgeon who gave us the option of Chemo.
This is not to say Gary won't get cancer again but so far so good.
This is an amazing story Lorrie! How long has Gary been CA-free?

Old 12-01-2009, 11:02 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,271,143 times
Lorrie, that is a great story. Sometimes intuition is the best thing..I would say always get a second or third opinion..Gary is truly blessed, I know sometimes we get depressed about our 'lot' in life, but health is truly a blessing and allows us to do the travel and stuff that makes up for not living near our kids.

Ok I told Carl we just could not drive that..I could not. so we stay Thursday night in Kansas City and then will be at Ed and Karen's Friday night, Saturday night in Alburquerque and then straight home from there, that will be the longest haul but at the end we will be HOME and it won't matter. This has been a wonderful trip but won't drive it again...just too hard when you figure in 3 hours I can be from L.A. area to Chicago..lol

We are heading into Mt Carroll the little town sissy lives near and they have a dog store with all kinds of goodies. Little man here needs a new collar and I need to take the sisters left behind a present of some sort, lol. tonight its just a simple dinner here, tomorrow we have to start packing up..

Hope everyone ok, anyone heard from Amy??

Old 12-01-2009, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post

Ok I told Carl we just could not drive that..I could not. so we stay Thursday night in Kansas City and then will be at Ed and Karen's Friday night, Saturday night in Alburquerque and then straight home from there, that will be the longest haul but at the end we will be HOME and it won't matter. This has been a wonderful trip but won't drive it again...just too hard when you figure in 3 hours I can be from L.A. area to Chicago..lol
I am relieved to hear this! Sometimes a woman just has to put her foot down!!

Old 12-01-2009, 12:32 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,843,220 times
Good gitl Barb-with the pain you're in that is too far to travel in one day. We take 3 days to do 1500.

Old 12-01-2009, 02:41 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,345,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
BARB: That is a long way to drive Barb--800 miles...that is like a 11-12 hr drive. I think you should stop somewhere and break that up in to 2 nights. Otherwise you both will be so dang tired and SORE and will not be able to enjoy your visit with Karen and Ed.

ANNE: I bet your tree is so pretty--send me pics on email!!

YES, Starbucks does have a gingerbread and eggnog latte. I love eggnog latte's...I have them make mine with straight eggnog--not cut in half with milk! I also love their vanilla peppermint lattes--YUMMO!!!

Yes, I went out to dinner with my best friend--he was home from KY for Thanksgiving and he wanted to go downtown to see the tree and PPG plaza. It is beautiful and the iceskaters were out in full swing! Our version of Rockefeller Center!!!!!
Will do girlfriend! Had a gingerbread latte but it was at Borders!LOL..Not the same...I threw it out..Of course I had non fat milk in it..Not the same.lol...yuk ...Starbucks next time. I did red lights with the clear lights that came with the tree....I love decorating! simple but elegant..I am not a huge fan of xmas stuff ALL over the place--like the Griswolds lol...

Poor Watsaboo!! getting fixed the 16th! I will say a prayer for him!

Joyous- thank you girl!!LOL>..I have my gold bar now!

Quote:
NJ, While the guy is out, pour kitty litter where he parks and it will absorb the oil. It will drive him nuts trying to figure out where it came from.
LMAO PAINTER! he is a cop so he works 12 hr days lol...that does sound tempting lol....He is definitely obsessive compulsive..I know my ex the trooper was too! scary!

LORRIE- so glad to hear about your hubby. You are always in my prayers.

Old 12-01-2009, 02:49 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,843,220 times
My Starbucks fave-lowfat vanilla chai, addictive.

NJS are you all getting another Nor'Easter?

It has gotten so dark and windy here and they're throwing arounf the "s" word for the next 2 days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate