Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2009, 05:55 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,841,918 times

Advertisements

NJS-on FB I remembered the other restaurant --it was Ruby Red's. Whew.

Over 22" in NJ sofar!

Old 12-19-2009, 06:49 PM

311 posts, read 915,628 times
Default hi campers!

MIAR=MISSING IN ACTION REALTOR checking in

How you doing campers? Sounds like some are travelin and some have landed(congratulations Tambre!) I have been busy with more first time buyers..thank god they passed the extension to the credit program! Working on one contract right now. Still struggling financially, so not doing much for Christmas other than I am making Christmas brunch for a few family members.
I didnt even get any decorations out this year as I thought my daughter was going to be in FL with her dad, but she decided not to go at the last minute, so she will be here, so sometime in the next day or two, I am going to get a few of my table top things out and that will be enough! At least it looks like Christmas out there. I was out showing houses today in it. The trees are beautiful, all "frosted" with the snow

Painter, hows your new agent doing? Any more activity going on? How about the rest of you? NJ? still got yours on the market? I lost one of my listings last week. I wasnt too upset, since they had over priced it from the beginning.

Tex glad to hear that Watson is all "fixed up". I would love to get my 2 microchipped, but with the backyard fenced in, I dont worry too much about them

I hope you all have a lovely holiday, spent with your nearest and dearest. For the travelers, hope your trip goes safely and you dont get stuck.

Old 12-20-2009, 06:18 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,442,837 times
Morning - Just came in from a brisk jog to the barn, barefoot, not thinking and we have frost!

Jody, My agent is still on top of things, just not getting any call backs. She has covered all advertising real well and trying her hardest. Glad to hear you are selling something and that you have lookers, might not be enough but better than nothing.....hang in there. Sounds like we are in similiar situations, my dd has decided to stay home too. We are not putting up a tree though, she will be working Christmas eve and a half day on Christmas so that others can do their family gatherings.

Is everyone snowed in???

Old 12-20-2009, 06:22 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,841,918 times
Snowing here but nothing like NJS has-they got it really bad. Where DD lives drifts are 4 to 5 feet and they have to shovel to even get out the doors. What a mess for people travelling.

Old 12-20-2009, 06:46 AM

1,869 posts, read 4,021,926 times
good mornng all. we got just over 4" here, curious what NJ got.
Jody good to see you, hope 2010 is a huge selling year for you!

Old 12-20-2009, 07:24 AM

'Tis some crazy weather!

Lorriem, Are you gonna beable to get your flight out??? Cant remember where you are flying out of.

Lacey, guess your kids are snowed in, in every sence of the word, lol. Hope they didn't need to go out anywhere for the next few days.

Stoy, With your moving to CO, you must love the snow but do you and dh do skiing or snowmobiling?

Old 12-20-2009, 09:15 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,042,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Thanks Tex-just saw on FB she's home safe and sound-bet she's not happy with me (she's 36 and I still worry-lol).

Joy I had a Kharmann Ghia conv. at that age and I would never tell them what I did or the shape I drove home in.
LMAO - been there myself girl. God was certainly watching over me 'cause sometimes I don't know how I got home lol Glad you saw on FB that your DD got home safe and it doesn't matter how old our kids are, they're still our babies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Lacey, i don't even know what that is. i thought "carmen gia" was a movie star or something.
NO, JOy, i wish! still stuck in the room (at in laws).

ooohhh, one of those volkswagons, i've seen those
Oh dang - i'd hoped you weren't still with them. Teleporting you a volkswagon van right now! But at least you're getting close. Just keep a picture of your new house in CO in your mind and you'll be there before you know it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyrose View Post
MIAR=MISSING IN ACTION REALTOR checking in

How you doing campers? Sounds like some are travelin and some have landed(congratulations Tambre!) I have been busy with more first time buyers..thank god they passed the extension to the credit program! Working on one contract right now. Still struggling financially, so not doing much for Christmas other than I am making Christmas brunch for a few family members.
I didnt even get any decorations out this year as I thought my daughter was going to be in FL with her dad, but she decided not to go at the last minute, so she will be here, so sometime in the next day or two, I am going to get a few of my table top things out and that will be enough! At least it looks like Christmas out there. I was out showing houses today in it. The trees are beautiful, all "frosted" with the snow

I hope you all have a lovely holiday, spent with your nearest and dearest. For the travelers, hope your trip goes safely and you dont get stuck.
Well hey Miss Jody! I still have my decorations up from last year lol so just need to check bulbs that burned out and replace them - deciding whether I want to bother wih anything else. I do remember the trees covered in snow and was beautiful, but dang I hated showing houses in the snow. Last showing I had in CO headed up to Summit County, got out of the tunnel right into a blizzard. Told pseudo I would NOT miss showing property in the snow. Give me the jungle any day lol

That's nice DD will be with you and who cares if there's not a lot of decorations - at least you'll have DD and 2010 is going to be much better for everyone. Glad you're getting a rush of 1st time home buyers so 2010 starts off with a bang. RE being a feast or famine biz is tough (I know, 'cause I have to write the checks every month for overhead Ugh).

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your family. XX

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Morning - Just came in from a brisk jog to the barn, barefoot, not thinking and we have frost!

Jody, My agent is still on top of things, just not getting any call backs. She has covered all advertising real well and trying her hardest. Glad to hear you are selling something and that you have lookers, might not be enough but better than nothing.....hang in there. Sounds like we are in similiar situations, my dd has decided to stay home too. We are not putting up a tree though, she will be working Christmas eve and a half day on Christmas so that others can do their family gatherings.

Is everyone snowed in???
I'm not snowed in lol and the sun is actually out How are your feet feeling after running over frost covered grass barefoot? Glad your new agent is on top of things and advertising a lot. That's good DD will be there for Christmas but sucks she has to work 1/2 the day. Once the holidays are over I'll bet you'll see some action on your house since you finally have an agent who is like being proactive for a change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Snowing here but nothing like NJS has-they got it really bad. Where DD lives drifts are 4 to 5 feet and they have to shovel to even get out the doors. What a mess for people travelling.
Dear God, those are some big drifts! Used to get those as well especially when I lived in the suburbs and my house was the last one on a dead end, with an open field at the end of the street. The snow would just pile up! Very happy that everyone who had to drive made it home safe and sound.

Shel, Annie, Barb, Amy, Lorrie and everyone else hope you're enjoying a peaceful Sunday. I'm just so happy I have internet service I'm jumping for joy - no pun

Old 12-21-2009, 12:11 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,270,725 times
Hey girls, well I need to hit the sheets, we have to leave here around 7:15, Carl has his first post op at 8 am..gads what were we thinking..haha..will bring him home after and head to target..needs tons of stuff, batteries, graham crackers, this n that..gift wrap, ribbon, one of those shopping trips where I will just walk up and down each aisle and come out spending 300. Ugh.
Carl feeling better today, sorry have not been at camp..he is still uncomfortable but I can see THAT pain not on his face now. I have never seen such pain. And he has had a lot of surgeries..this has been the worst ever.

Joy, next door folks are aware he is done..I'm not sure what they are doing the next couple weeks but its not us..there is no way he can babysit for anyone. He can't even lift a can right now.. He does want me to pick up a couple of educational dvd's for thier kids for Christmas..something besides sponge bob..thats all they do is watch tv and sponge bob...he got quite attached to those little ones so a little gift is in order and I will take a plate of cookies to the mom and dad..they are young and broke and I kind of get that, I just don't understand the dependency they had on my hubby..well I do, he let it happen..DUH.

Ok going to bed, sounds like everyone doing ok, but busy..will post more tomorrow..nighty night my friends..

Old 12-21-2009, 06:18 AM

Hi y'all, So quiet here....out spending cash? Not much happening here either, we are covered in frost but not the 2 feet some of you may have. Still brisk for me here in the land of Sunshine, yep that is a joke. Well back to square one with Christmas plans here, dont' know what we are doing. DS now has to work on Christmas eve and DD has to work ALL day Christmas! My dd is upset because we have always had dinner on Christmas eve, and ds, well....I just do not like the whole situation, especially since we all know once I get out of here the whole Christmas together is over. I keep thinking this is the last "traditional" Christmas together, my ds will not come home for it with the way her family is so....now what?

Dogmom, I hope Carl finds some relief, I keep hearing how bad this surgery is - Sorry.

Old 12-21-2009, 07:00 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,042,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Hey girls, well I need to hit the sheets, we have to leave here around 7:15, Carl has his first post op at 8 am..gads what were we thinking..haha..will bring him home after and head to target..needs tons of stuff, batteries, graham crackers, this n that..gift wrap, ribbon, one of those shopping trips where I will just walk up and down each aisle and come out spending 300. Ugh.
Carl feeling better today, sorry have not been at camp..he is still uncomfortable but I can see THAT pain not on his face now. I have never seen such pain. And he has had a lot of surgeries..this has been the worst ever.

Morning Barb - Glad Carl's feeling better today. Poor guy with all those surgeries. After post op glad he's going to hang around the house while you wander the aisles of Target. You got some big ones on ya girl, 'cause right b4 christmas everything is crammed packed with people. But a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do, so I'll be thinking of you in the madness.

Joy, next door folks are aware he is done..I'm not sure what they are doing the next couple weeks but its not us..there is no way he can babysit for anyone. He can't even lift a can right now.. He does want me to pick up a couple of educational dvd's for thier kids for Christmas..something besides sponge bob..thats all they do is watch tv and sponge bob...he got quite attached to those little ones so a little gift is in order and I will take a plate of cookies to the mom and dad..they are young and broke and I kind of get that, I just don't understand the dependency they had on my hubby..well I do, he let it happen..DUH.

Ok going to bed, sounds like everyone doing ok, but busy..will post more tomorrow..nighty night my friends..
Well I'm glad those days are over and Carl's just a good guy. He spent so much time with those kids it's no wonder he's attached to them. I'm sure the parents will figure something out about babysitting - but there's options and now that they won't have their sitter right next door, they'll start thinking about other alternatives. Hope you're day goes good and not in so much pain. Will be good after the holidays when you can maybe find a chiro that was as good as the one by sis's place. That really seemed to help both you and Carl feel better. Will look for an update on how doc says Carl's mending after surgery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Hi y'all, So quiet here....out spending cash? Not much happening here either, we are covered in frost but not the 2 feet some of you may have. Still brisk for me here in the land of Sunshine, yep that is a joke. Well back to square one with Christmas plans here, dont' know what we are doing. DS now has to work on Christmas eve and DD has to work ALL day Christmas! My dd is upset because we have always had dinner on Christmas eve, and ds, well....I just do not like the whole situation, especially since we all know once I get out of here the whole Christmas together is over. I keep thinking this is the last "traditional" Christmas together, my ds will not come home for it with the way her family is so....now what?

Dogmom, I hope Carl finds some relief, I keep hearing how bad this surgery is - Sorry.
LOL not me - sitting here with The Shredder. That just sucks about DD now having to also work the entire day and DS working on Christmas eve. Really hope things work so you all can do something together; just a shame that work turned out the way it did. I'm just gonna stock up on essentials, lots of beer of course - might really get in the spirit and break my self-imposed ban on Vodka and have a couple of Vodka/7s. My neighbors will bring me a plate of food so I'll have enough to eat for days. Other than that gonna chill and watch all of the fireworks - from my window I can see all around the valley and town, so usually see about 5 or 6 different sets going off; then there's my neighbors. They've already started shooting them off and that's what I was listening to last night. Saw some pretty ones though. Christmas never a great time for me anyway, so I usually lay low and just do my thing.

Guess everyone else is out and about getting things together before the big day. I'll try and pop back in later. Trying to get a couple of things wrapped up before assistant leaves tomorrow to head to Costa Rica. Her husband is a Tico and they're going to be alternating each Christmas between her family here and his there, and this year it's his family. Sooooooo will be without my girl the rest of the week. Guess Mama going to be spending quite a bit of time in the office and have a couple of meetings today then hope the rest of the week slow so i can catch up. Good about keeping up, but when internet went down for so long - well, catch up is always the hardest. I'm still behind.

Have a great one girls and everyone in snow country stay safe!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.