Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2010, 04:45 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,372,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
no resolutions here. i started maybe 12 or 11 yrs ago, a life list of things to do adventure wise. some things were whale watching, grand canyon, Utah. wish i kept those lists. it brought my adventure side out and that's when i started traveling a lot. so i don't really make them anymore. so, long story short no resolutions!!
This is your bucket list--things to do before you die! Never too late! I have an extensive bucket list. Maybe we should post several things from our bucket list!! Love your bucket list! The Grand Canyon is awesome! You need to take a helicopter ride that drops you inside the canyon! It's about $100.00/person, but so worth it. Whale watching...

So here is my bucket list or at least a few items from it! Most of mine involve travel!
-Alaskan cruise/whale watching
-Ireland
-Greece
-Attending a Super Bowl when the Steelers get in again!
-Hawaii
-Meeting all of my best buds from here and having a girl's week-end--heck bring the hubbies, family...etc... It would be so much fun!
-NYC and watching the Macy's day parade
-Pasadena, to see the Tournament of Roses parade. I missed it on TV today, just could not stay awake after working 5 nights in a row. I hope there is a replay of it! Sometimes they do that.

Who's next?!?!.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
We are getting grilled/broiled scallops and grilled shrimp for tonite. My poor hub is still working after 26 hrs. straight!! He sent me a pic of the airport on the field with one of his planes...All snowcovered tarmac. It stopped here though. A nice dusting....Supp. to be all rain later. Cold though for week. I wouldnt want to be at Times Sq. tonite!!Every channel is talking about it on our NY stations! Better talk to my hub the whole way home when he leaves later!!with his commute I will have to! Poor guy!
Poor Scott...those are LONG hours. Your dinner sounded delicious!
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
No menu planned here, if it is just me then probably cereal, lol
I love cereal for dinner!! Quick and easy! It is cold here...snowed last 3 days. Did I mention how I was NOT SUPPOSED to be here to experience another C-O-L-D Pennsylvania winter?!?!? On a side note...my little boy LOVES the snow! He buries his head into the snow and plows it. When he lifts his head--his face is snow covered. He loves eating the snow!! Maybe next week if it is warmer (too cold, in the teens) I will take him out and really play in it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Tonight lobster/shrimp/scallop scampy over angel hair and garlic bread. Cannot wait.
My mouth waters whenever I read your posts!!
Quote:
when i visited my sis and BIL in phoenix in June, it was low 90's and overcast. they had hoodies on.
I have friends who put on coats and gloves when it hit's the 70's in Austin!! They truly do not know what COLD is!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
We are heading over to Corona to our friends house, my two girlfriends, who are sisters, and their hubbies..I think that's it. We had a big get together at her house NYE 1999, remember when all systems were to fail, etc...we didn't believe any of it, but as I remember we had flashlights out haha...We put things in a time capsule to be opened in 10 years, which is tonight. Where did that 10 years go. Oh yeah I remember now, I've been moving. Anyway, I need to put something in a new time capsule tonight and kind of stuck..but we will open the 1999 capsul and reveal! I am taking a couple dips and chips..and a bottle of champagne I have with a year 2000 label. We will just hang out and play some games, once the big ball drops in NY, Carl and I will head for home to miss the traffic and drunks. so an easy night. simple is better right now.
So ....spill!! What did you put in the time capsule for 2000?!?! And what did you place in it for 2010.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
*Clink Clink* cheers to you Barb, and a happy, healthy, prosperous 2010 to you and to all you Campers! Drinking to 2010...the year of the real estate upturn.
From your lips to God's ears!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Let's leave 2009's garbage at the curb and move on.

Love to you all.
AMEN Sister!! Love y'all too!!
Quote:
Love, Laughter and New Adventures await for all of us!
YES!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!! I was screaming "Thank God this biatch called 2009 is GONE" lol

I hope all my friends enjoyed the celebrations and that 2010 brings tranquility, health and happiness to everyone.

So here's to a fresh start girls! Oh and happy birthday to my DS - will call him (that I can do consistently, well unless circuits are busy lol) once I think he's awake. Big hugs and kisses XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Hugs and kisses to you too!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEPHAN!! Did you have a hangover from all those cervasa's?!?!?
Quote:
Oh now lets get some productivity going here.....dd went back to work today, the dogs are behaving after getting in trouble, my laundry is on the last load and now I am tackling the files and paper with my beloved shredder! DOGMOM---HELLOOOOO??? Are you ready to start decluttering today????? Come on out and play girl!!
I'm ready to play Carol!! Tomorrow--going to start shredding!!

Old 01-01-2010, 06:06 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,319 times
Hi all. Happy New Year and i wish everyone good health, peace, and happiness. did not have a great night last night but don't want to get in to it.
Tex, one that's been on my list since my 20's was Alaskan cruise!!! want to see icebergs, whales, penguins, and polar bears! my inlaws did an Alaskan cruise in August, saw none of that though. will post more...
Tex, i ziplined in Canada, ever consider that?? want to do that in Costa Rica.

Old 01-01-2010, 11:56 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times
Quote:
POSITIVELY POSITIVE, LOL!!

Oh now lets get some productivity going here.....dd went back to work today, the dogs are behaving after getting in trouble, my laundry is on the last load and now I am tackling the files and paper with my beloved shredder! DOGMOM---HELLOOOOO??? Are you ready to start decluttering today????? Come on out and play girl!!
Hey Painter I was laying low today, too much fun last night and then again tonight at the neighbors...but today on my Saturday blog our assignment was to pick a project for 2010, lol so of course I had to pick my office and the mess..here is a link. I post at least every Saturday, sometimes more often depending..
Dogmom Diva
Yes a shredding we will go..
Happy New Year and it's your year to sell girl!

Old 01-01-2010, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
May 2010 bring buyers for our homes, closings for all, but most importantly, may it bring HEALTH and HAPPINESS to all!

AMEN, Shel..

Old 01-02-2010, 12:11 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,372,237 times
Quote:
Hi all. Happy New Year and i wish everyone good health, peace, and happiness. did not have a great night last night but don't want to get in to it.
Tex, one that's been on my list since my 20's was Alaskan cruise!!! want to see icebergs, whales, penguins, and polar bears! my inlaws did an Alaskan cruise in August, saw none of that though. will post more...
Tex, i ziplined in Canada, ever consider that?? want to do that in Costa Rica.
First...{{{HUGS}}}

Second...I want to zipline so bad!!! Doing it in Costa Rica would be awesome! OK...new bucket list item for Shelly!

One of my bucket lists was to climb Dunn's River Falls in Jamaica! It is a 900 foot waterfall! I did it!!!
Dunns River Falls

Old 01-02-2010, 05:05 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Good morning friends-up since 3AM and on 2nd pot of coffee.

Freakin temp is 25 below zero without wind chill and the high today is to be 4 below.

Old 01-02-2010, 05:21 AM

Lacey, when you wake up so early, will you head back to bed at some point, or just hit the sheets early tonight...I'm curious..with the weather so frightful, do you do any kind of hobbies like scrapbooking, etc..of course you are like me..joined at the hip to the puter!..I want so bad to have a scrapbooking area..check out my blog and my office mess..my friend Karen sent me a link to making a desk that fits inside the closet. If I didn't love my big desk so much I would sell it. what I need to do is empty that room of everything..all the papers, etc...and start from scratch and see if I can't make it work for me. What I would love to do in the guest bedroom is put a murphy bed in the closet..I have seen some fold up beds that work like that...that way I could use that room for some sewing and scrapping and the bed would be out of the way unless someone was visiting..

Anyway, kind of curious what ya'll do when inside during the frightful weather..

Old 01-02-2010, 06:20 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Barb-puter, reading-not very crafty.

Thing is I sleep really well but once my eyes opem that's it-I cannot fall back-my brain kicks in-like I have anything to do? Not.

Soup's simmering away.

Old 01-02-2010, 06:30 AM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,319 times
Lacey what kind of soup?
Tex, coffee and rum tasting in Jamaica is on my list!! and of course hiking to the falls.
Barb, i expect progress today!

Old 01-02-2010, 06:30 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,432 times
Well I was gonna say it is so dang cold here at 24 degrees, well here it is cold but Lacey, man o man you better be staying inside! Do you have a fireplace?
Not much on the agenda for today, I knocked out most of the shredding and only have a couple of files to go through so will finish up early on that task. Probably will head to the grocers later, pot roast and tators sounding pretty good for later. And of course I need to wash floors!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate