Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2010, 06:32 AM

1,869 posts, read 4,017,930 times

Advertisements

good morning Painter. that is cold for Florida, but lacey wins.
going to the spa today for massage and steam room. made appt for me and DH, this stress is ruining us and trying to make it better.
oh, another inch of snow over night. probably 4 inches past few days, no biggie, just said on news potential for up to 6 inches today, out of the blue!!

Last edited by BCG8; 01-02-2010 at 06:34 AM.. Reason: current weather report

Old 01-02-2010, 06:39 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,261,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Lacey what kind of soup?
Tex, coffee and rum tasting in Jamaica is on my list!! and of course hiking to the falls.
Barb, i expect progress today!
Stoy, Yes Maam..do you think I should just take EVERYTHING out of there and start from scratch..seems i just keep moving things around and it gets worse and worse..

Did I hear RUM??

Old 01-02-2010, 06:42 AM

Painter, holy freaking cow, 24 degrees in Florida...now that is pretty dicey for the citrus isn't it. I know most of the ranchers in CA have those smudge pots for the cold nights..that ding dong that lived next to us up in the cottage in wa, she had a fireplace and we arent sure WHAT she burned in it but carl always called it the smudgepot cuz it stunk so bad. Wow I do not miss that place girls..New Year, New life..

Old 01-02-2010, 06:47 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,437,592 times
Dogmom, I would not remove it all if I was you. Thing is you probably would not be able to tackle all of it in one day and with your health being what it is do you want to risk messin up the whole house trying to do just the one room? My suggestion would be to start with the closet area. Add a shelving with cubby holes and add'l shelves. Buy or repurpose the containers you have and start sorting and filling the containers with labels. Throw away anything you have not used in 6 months. Once that is done start on another area. As you throw stuff away and organize your keepers the clutter will automatically get more controllable.....

Old 01-02-2010, 07:09 AM

Painter, thanks you are right, it would wear me out hauling everthing out of that room..the closet it is..you are the best...what would I do without all of you, especially you wonderfully organized ladies!

Old 01-02-2010, 07:21 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,813,408 times
Painter that is cold - very cold for you guys. This is normal here.

Stoy took yesterday's prime rib and turned it into a big pot of soup. No out today-not worth it even tho I feel housebound.

Spa-you guys need that.

Where's NJS?????? CrazyMa-bet she's resting up.

Old 01-02-2010, 07:26 AM

Stoy..GREAT idea to take DH to a spa and relax, the stress does get to you..take some time for YOU, living with the in laws cannot be conducive to any kind of companionship..I know when my folks lived with us those 2.5 years in utah, we had no privacy. Nada. None.

Old 01-02-2010, 07:38 AM

Prime Rib soup, lacey that sounds so good on a cold day!! Barb, pile at a time, or section at a time.
With this mortgage not looking good, cold weather, DH getting out and leaving me here, and inlaws constantly bickering, i cant take it. and i told him. but instead of waiting for him to get me out of here, i made the spa appts and i think im a damn good wife for including him (he doesnt like the foo foo stuff, just the simple massage)

Old 01-02-2010, 07:47 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,030,589 times
GOOD MORNING GIRLS! Before I get into my never ending saga with internet which didn't end until maybe 9 or 10 last night???????

Zip lining in COSTA RICA? Ahem, it is great 'cause I've done it but you girls make it to Costa Rica, you'd better darn well cross the border and see me! I'm in Western Provinces not far from the border sooooooooooo. In fact you can zip line there and here. When pseudo and parents here, God it's been almost 2 years now, I met them in CR and found one where they used gondala thingies because PMIL has back problems. Really was beautiful - BUTTTTTTTTT lol I have a tour company right across the street from my office in Boquete that does zip line tours so - nuf said

All you girls taking about shredding stuff - just ship it to me because I have the ultimate high speed, 21st Century Shredder HAHAHAHA maybe I'll start a company and my Panamanian employee will be Misty - just call it The Shredder.

Dear God Lacey - I thought getting up at 7AM was early lol cause I've been staying up late, so of course sleeping in but Misty was ready and woke me up; once I wake up 'course have to go pee sooooooooo here I am. 25 below WITHOUT wind chill we've been having a lot of winds and cooler temps, but OMG compared to that it was 200 degrees! Hope you and Mr. L. had a wonderful New Years.

Barb that time capsule sounds like a blast and think we did one too, but intoxicated at the time so no idea when and where it was burried LOL and God only knows what we put in it Hope weather's still nice there and my prayer for you for 2010 is pain management - will be very happy if you're not in so much pain. Know what you mean about desks - I love my one at the office; at home I use a TV tray lol doesn't take up a lot of space, but the one at the office is huge and almost every surface covered with files and papers so I feel ya.

Tex, actually no I didn't have a hangover - with me there's drunk and then there's like over the edge drunk. I didn't go over the edge, just stumbling a bit. Now IF I would have had even one more sip, then I probably would have been hugging the porceline goddess lol but did fall asleep real quick and sleep soundly so no headache or anything. Internet down meant of course got way behind. What did you do for New Years? I was on never ending phone calls with Cable & Worthless (my nickname for them for years lol) One time I was paying the bill and Naiky took the check then turned around laughing and I said what? She gave me the check and I had actually written lol Cable & Worthless on the check - course since they don't have a sense of humor, had to rewrite the check but really wanted her to take it down just to see if 'they got it', but probably would have gone right over their head. How's Sir Watson? Hope he didn't have too much to drink over the holidays lol

Carol, so the boys got in trouble huh. Maybe they were talking to Misty on the phone 'cause she was a terror with a capital T. Said No so many times that I wanted to scream and was always bad when I was trying to deal with CS techs in Panama about internet. And she's so fussy - have to clean her box 2 times a day; like if there's even a couple of things in there I hear her meow like 'well if I HAVE to use it in this state' and I mean there's maybe 1 frickin' turd and 1 clumped pee ball in it. My life revolves around cleaning up after the Shredding Princess lol now she's Sleeping Beauty but . . . . just this post has taken hours because would have to stop, clean box, then 'oh needs water' then 'oh needs food' Ugh

And I'm with you and Lacey - here's to the upturn in the real estate market. Been brutal everywhere though thank god last few months picking up, but dang between everything going on there and rest of the world - seems like people took a collective breath for like 5 months or so. I think 2010 is going to be much better now that most people have just settled down a bit.

Annie - what's all this talk about Times Square???? Do have news channels, tons of them, but dang it's always so depressing I never watch it. Since the new year is over I'm sure you would have posted if anything would have happened. I'm guessing some sort of terror alert. Glad the only terrorist I have is now playing 'sweet' and curled up on my lap. That's sick about poor Scott having to work such long shift and hope he got home safe and sound. Hows Mia feeling? Still hacking? Can't wait for those cookies lol

Stoy sorry things weren't all that great and sure I can guess a couple of reasons. Other than fireworks and dealing with techs that pretty much sums up my New Year's Eve - well other than have a lot of cerveza. Other than that how's things going? Been thinking about you and sending you little prayers and hugs.

Lorrie hope you and Gary and a good New Years eve and the furbabbies are all doing good. Did you do anything exciting? I'd have to go back a zillion pages to get caught up and guess I'm just being lazy. Hope 2010 is great for you two.

Amy, hows MO? Anymore stray cows - what did you all do for the holiday? Just stick around your new digs? Your farm sounds so wonderful and dang wish I was there with a horse so I could help round up those cows.

NOW my New Year's Eve and actual New Year's day Think in a brief spurt I told you problems around the country with my particular carrier - well yesterday, God this is all running together in my brain 'cause happened so much recently, think it was working a bit in the morning okay, then of course same thing (on/off, on/off) so I called the city, they'd say "well let's do this" and I'd say "we did that yesterday", until we went through everything. One time yesterday I was on hold for 2 frickin' hours because I was not going to hang up like other people would - well, you know me lol - after 2 hours I did call back and in my bad Spanish told the person how long I'd been on hold, I was pissed and get me someone who spoke English NOW lol turns out he actually spoke pretty good English so we were able to get through it.

He was very nice (I know them ALL by now lol), kept checking with supervisor, then he made the fatal mistake lol of saying "well we'll call the techs in your area to come to your house" and started to tell me turnaround time. That's when I said 'listen, the problem is not at my house - we determined that YESTERDAY, we checked the cable box it's fine, etc." Then I told him to tell his supervisor that I was a boss too - and that even though the techs were TELLING the main office they were working on things, I'd been here for 5 years - when they are actually working, then it got fixed relatively quickly - but they weren't out working on they were either in a bar or with their families; so tell his supervisor to get them on the phone to drag themselves out of the bar lol and fix the dang internet.

He put me on hold and said he would call me back, which he did and said to just give them a bit to work on it (meaning, calling the techs and telling them to get off their a@@). They did something or another and for a bit -worked great. Enough that I could actually stream a couple of music videos and post, I was SO excited - then BOOM. NOTHING. No on/off, cause no 'on'. So of course I go to 'ping' them to see WTF is going on and see that the my 'gateway server', which would be the server in Boquete, is down and 'unreachable' JUST as it was working great after almost all day dealing with them - the server in Boquete goes down (maybe to fix it? Don't know). Went to call them and of course all circuits were busy. Then I guess about 9 or 10 last night, server back up, speed awesome, wireless working like a dream too - sooooooooooo I think my hunch was right and the supervisor called them, reamed them out and told them they were sick of talking to not only ME lol but everyone else.

So that was my New Year's Eve and Day girls. Borrrrrrrrrrrrrring lol but great fireworks and a ton of cerveza! Even made a chicken, potato and rice casserole in my crock pot!

At this point I feel like I have family working at C&W we've talked so much on the phone lol. Just relieved that TODAY and FOR NOW (stay positive, Joy lol) I actually have service, though with Misty took me 2 frickin' hours to finish this Ugh so I could post and MAYBE keep up with you girls. (doing a copy/paste of course lol). You all have a great day!

Old 01-02-2010, 01:41 PM

wow. quiet day here. or is everyone still reading joy's post??!! haha.
massage was so relaxing i got into the shower with my underwear still on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.