Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2010, 01:40 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times

Advertisements

Well friends-Mr. L's in the hospital. Called doc and surgeon 2x and finally got surgeon who said to get there asap. He examined and prodded and put him in immediately for surgery Monday at 10AM. They want him "cleaned out" so only IV, ice chips and bowel prep. Sucks but he's better off there. O have a pressure headache.

If they had done the surgery yesterday this would not have occurred!!!!!!!!!!!

On the way home I stopped at the mall-big sale-got 2 suede jackets, 4 Jones NY sweaters, a $100 coffee maker all for $106-cost was orig $404.. Shopping's better than stress eating.

Last edited by LaceyEx; 01-29-2010 at 02:13 PM..

Old 01-29-2010, 01:49 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Well friends-Mr. L's in the hospital. Called doc and surgeon 2x and finally got surgeon who said to get there asap. He examined and prodded and put him in immediately for surgery Monday at 10AM. They want him "cleaned out" so only IV, ice chips and bowel prep. Sucks but he's better off there. O have a pressure headache.

On the way home I stopped at the mall-big sale-got 2 suede jackets, 4 Jones NY sweaters, a $100 coffee maker all for $106. Shopping's better than stress eating.
So they are keeping him until the surgery..that is a good thing, easier for you, let them clean him out I guss..sounds like you got some good steals at the mall..yes shopping better than eating, although eating rates right up there too, along with a stiff drink.

Glad its working out ok, Lace..hugs )

Old 01-29-2010, 02:21 PM

Thanx Barb-me-I'm lonely but relieved he's in good hands with great nurses and doctors.

Old 01-29-2010, 02:33 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,432 times
Lacey, They moved fast, guessing it wasn't snail mail afterall. You know if weather is permitting you could do more shopping, are they not open till 10 p.m.? That would relieve the loneliness and wear you out so you will sleep well tonight.....

Temps droppin' abit here and the sky is getting dark....rain is getting close! Quick find them rubber boot Mildred!

Old 01-29-2010, 02:50 PM

Hip boots Painter!

No wasn't the letter-was pain and calls to surgeon and our doc. No more shopping altho I could use boots-LOL.

Old 01-29-2010, 03:50 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,432 times
WAHOO, GIDDY UP & GO....WE HAVE RAIN....RIGHT now I am willing to trade the rain for snow, lol ANY TAKERS??? PSSS...not the cold temps just the snow

Old 01-29-2010, 07:44 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,372,237 times
Quote:
Painter here's the kicker-both are doctors were within 100 ft of where we met the cardio-face to face would've worked!!!!!!!
In today's world of computerized charting and order entry, you would think that all the surgeon had to do is log onto the computer to see the surgical clearance.
Quote:

On the way home I stopped at the mall-big sale-got 2 suede jackets, 4 Jones NY sweaters, a $100 coffee maker all for $106-cost was orig $404.. Shopping's better than stress eating.

BARB: I hope your headache is better tonight.

CAROL: Get out the hip waders.

Joy: I got a story that will blow Misty playing with her turds right out of the water!! So, today I come home from work--walking to my car and it was 7 degrees outside....WTH? (Sorry Lace--I know you are laughing!) All I could think of was getting home--(my one big night off). I had plans to make a huge pot of beef vegetable soup...stopped at the store, bought everything I needed and came home. So the soup is simmering on the stove and I put Watson outside to potty. He is doing his biz, but won't move from one spot and looking up at me like "Help"...so I inspect more carefully and see a turd hanging off of his fur that won't fall off! So in my "mama" voice I said "don't worry baby, mama will get rid of that for you" LOL!! I bring him inside and start to clean it off with a paper towel and discover CRAP and I mean CRAP imbedded in his fur, under his tail. I had to cut it out with scizzors and still could not get 1/2 the sh*t out. I knew I smelled something yesterday and kept looking around to see if he pottied in my house but couldn't find anything. So he went into a warm sudsy bath and got the scrubbing of his lifetime! Tonight...he smells like a dream! Gosh...the things you do for your furbabies!!!

Judi: Sorry Mr. L was having issues that landed him in the hospital--but he is in the best place now.

{{{{ BIG HUGS TO YOU! }}}}

I love the shopping trip!! What bargains!!! !

Last edited by TexasGirl@Heart; 01-29-2010 at 09:10 PM..

Old 01-29-2010, 08:04 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,372,237 times
ANNIE!!!

The video is for you and the twins!! Hope Scott is feeling better tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMf04ubvEhY

Old 01-29-2010, 08:36 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,347,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
ANNIE!!!

The video is for you and the twins!! Hope Scott is feeling better tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMf04ubvEhY
Shel- I LOVE the video!! yahoo!! Hey, it;s still my birthday for 1 1/2 hrs!!....thank you for the wishes and thank you for your phone call! You are the best! the kids will love this too!

Craazyma- hoping you are hanging in..thank you for the birthday pic! that was so cute!

Lace- hang in girl. Mr. L has prayers coming his way..from all of us! Hang in sweetie. He is in the best care and thoughts for a smooth surgery MOn,

Kids had a ball tonite lol even if it was just us 4! lots of BALLOONS lol..
Goodnite everyone!! Scott is sleeping so hopefully he will start feeling better!

Old 01-30-2010, 05:45 AM

Morning all and best well wishes to Tex,Scott and Barb.

Not much to say-spoke to him last night and he's hungry-of course-because he hasn't eaten since Thurs night and that was a BLT. To me this is along time to fast but that's why I'm not a doctor.

My book-Game Change will keep me company today at the hosp. and I want to get back to that store for new towels,etc for the master bath.

I cannot say enough about the nurses out here-they cannot do enough for either of us. Eash time he's been in I write a letter to Admin and Nursing Supervisor. When we got there yesterday there were a lot of "Hi Don"'s from them all.

Just think all only 1 day left in January-spring will arrive shortly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate