Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2010, 07:25 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,046,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Well, at least we know. Shredder it is..yes HE needs a t shirt.. thanks for the info, I did not know that at all..
Yes and now you have even more visuals to go with the all-seeing boxes LOL My god the dreams you'll have tonight boxes with eyes and kitten butts

Shel, glad your ears are feeling better and what a great ENT doc! Wham, bam lube them up and Poof! No more pain! Glad to hear it sister and I'll bet you're happy knowing what the problem is and what you'll need to do. So I guess you and I wasted a lot of time picking out names for Shredder lol Maybe I'll get him that T shirt - dang, guess I should have nicknamed HIM Slash 'cause then the Guns & Roses T shirt would really be appropriate

Old 02-02-2010, 07:32 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,371,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Well he just called and he has------tonsilltis! Doc has him on antibiotics-cannot believe in a matter of 2 hrs he can sound like he did. Teaches me,again, to never celebrate early .
Oh no!!! Well at least he is in a good place for that!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Already have one - he/she's nickname: Shredder lol dear lord what next? Actually when I say "No Shredder' I get a response - maybe not the one I want, but he/she knows the name so . . .
NO!!! You need an "M" name for his marking on his face!!! How about Max, the shredder!?!?
Quote:
And DP doesnt cook except for French toast, which by the way is yummier than mine.
That actually sound good--but I would need to go to store to buy some bread...
Quote:
Oh glad your ear is better, I know how much it was bugging you..so debri, eh..hope the ear painting and drops help..
Thanks Barb--I can't believe the difference in how my ear feels tonight! I love doctors (well most doctors!) and medicine!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
OK - here's how to tell the sex of a kitten. If one is easily offended, please avert your eyes and this picture is intended for mature audiences only, and educational purposes

Shredder it is. If you look at Albert's baby picture and remember the story that at first I thought he was a female too because of face shape and all that - then my friend checked and said 'she' was a 'he' (she was cat expert), well after getting up close and personal it's confirmed - scratches all over my hands/arms, but confirmed. So from now on HE shall 'officially' be known as Shredder LMAO considering I used that name anyway for a nickname, HE knows it. Maybe I need to get him a Guns & Roses T Shirt to wear Slash, Shredder . . .
Thanks for that graphic educational piece there!! I'm always willing to learn new things!!!

Hammy: I hope Natalie is feeling better tonight--poor baby!

Anne: How are you feeling tonight? I'm off tomorrow and Thursday if you want to chat via phone!!

Old 02-02-2010, 08:12 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,371,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Hope those darn boxes heard you this time, Dogmom! Lacey, please know that our prayers are with you and Mr. L. Stoymonkey just sent me an e-mail and asked that I let everyone at camp know she is loving her new home, and enjoying seeing the beautiful mountains everyday. They don't have internet or tv hookup yet. They are almost done unpacking and have gotten over 40 inches of snow since they moved in. She was down in town for internet access, and was job hunting online.
Thanks Amy for posting an update on Stoy! Let her know we are all thinking about her and miss her here at camp!

Old 02-02-2010, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post

NO!!! You need an "M" name for his marking on his face!!! How about Max, the shredder!?!?

Well guess I should have made HIS lol nickname Mad Max then it would be easy - thing is HE knows Shredder 'cause I called HIM lol that all the time - actually responds to it. He## by morning the M will probably turn into an S anyway

Thanks for that graphic educational piece there!! I'm always willing to learn new things!!!
Always happy to help educate others LOL poor Barb though - between the box with 'eyes' and kitten butts I'm afraid of what she'll dream about tonight

Old 02-03-2010, 12:31 AM

1,261 posts, read 4,271,408 times
I called the hospital around 11:00 PM and they connected me with pediatrics. I asked if I should bring Sean in and they asked if he was having respiratory distress and I told them that he's not. I told them about him not taking his medicine and really, they didn't tell me anything. I said, "So he's okay without going to the hospital or should I bring him in?" They still didn't really tell me anything.

One doctor says he'll have to go to the hospital if he doesn't take his medicine, the other doctor says nothing about taking him to the hospital and the hospital won't say if I should bring him in or not and basically act like he'll be fine without coming in.

*sigh*

Oh, and as far as Sean taking medicine. He's always been like this. Always. It's highly annoying. As much as I love my son, he's also always been a little immature for his age.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:32 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times
Niki there must be a shot they can give him.

Tex so glad the ear thing is over and better-great ENT-mine moved and he was wonderful.

Barb-think easy and simple for the 2 of you. I like to make soups, stews,chili-that last 2 days and enough to freeze for another meal.

Hammy hope little Natalie is better and what a mess.

Joy you blow my mind!

Tex-they blew him up w/fluids during surgery and he's very bloated especially around his neck, plus the insert, removal, re-insert, removal of the vents would make it sore and the pressure from fluids. They were planning to give him water pills today. No liquids or foods yet-maybe tomorrow.

Old 02-03-2010, 05:38 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,347,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki View Post
I called the hospital around 11:00 PM and they connected me with pediatrics. I asked if I should bring Sean in and they asked if he was having respiratory distress and I told them that he's not. I told them about him not taking his medicine and really, they didn't tell me anything. I said, "So he's okay without going to the hospital or should I bring him in?" They still didn't really tell me anything.

One doctor says he'll have to go to the hospital if he doesn't take his medicine, the other doctor says nothing about taking him to the hospital and the hospital won't say if I should bring him in or not and basically act like he'll be fine without coming in.

*sigh*

Oh, and as far as Sean taking medicine. He's always been like this. Always. It's highly annoying. As much as I love my son, he's also always been a little immature for his age.
Have you heard ANYTHING Joy, Shelly and myself have said to you? You are going on a phone call from someone in Peds dept. who hasn't even ASSESSED your kid? Wouldn't you want to be on the err of caution and TAKE HIM TO THE HOSPITAL to get a shot or iv since he won't take his medicine? He is 13 years old Nikki. My kids are 5 and they LISTEN to me because I am their Mother! They don't have a choice in the matter. Your son is lashing out most likely due to your irresponsible husband who doesn't seem to give a rat's azz about you or your children. Texting to see if his kids are ok? LAME and childish. He has no backbone.
We have all spent time and energy giving you advice left and right regarding your husband and your kids and you don't listen to any of it.

My daughter has an ear infection coming on now and guess what? I have to take her to the doctor's...not ask for a random opinion if I should or shouldn't get her in to see a doc and get an antibiotic for her.. Who is the mother and who is the child Nikki? Your son is acting out because of the chaos with you and your husband. You are holding back medicine that could be LIFE THREATENING to your child! I don't care if he is 7 feet tall. He is at the age to step up and start taking responsibility.
Enough said.

Lacey- poor Mr. L....You keep up your strength and eat too! Snowed here a whopping INCH and they delayed schools for 2 hrs. So now, 11am for bus instead of 9! 1/2 day at this point!

Shelbelle-glad your ear is much better. You must feel wonderful now!

Joy- omg, Misty is a Mister?????????? Wth! Shredder would be an awesome name and it's masculine! Lol.. Our favorite little man who doesn't park in driveway --the anal retentive one sideways from me lol...out shoveling at 530a this am! I said wth! I look out and the pompous little twit is out there with his shovel! He never shovels..neighbor does it for him -mind you, the lazy s--t is in his late 20's! and now he picks up a shovel lmao...clear the driveway but god forbid, don't PARK your car in it! Why bother if he doesn't freakin use the damn driveway?

Barb- did you get the sod girl???
I still feel like no appetite 3 days now! barely have eaten but drinking gatorade and eating lots of toast!

Quote:
Take a look at St. Judes telethons some day and see all those brave little kids taking chemo!!! I agree with whoever posted it--he is probably acting out over what is going on with you and your husband.

THOSE CHILDREN on St. Jude's are troopers. I have to turn channel because I start to cry the minute they are on. They are incredible. If I ever won the lottery I would give a ton to St. Jude's for a cure for cancer. We sure have to count our blessings!

Last edited by njsocks; 02-03-2010 at 05:47 AM..

Old 02-03-2010, 06:48 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,124 times
hEY hEY hey ---Mornin', Alot of chuckles here last night, lol.
TEX, Glad to "hear" your ears are better. What color did you have them painted????
JOY, One is never to old for sex ed, the older we get the more we forget, hmmm!
LACEY, Your poor hubby. I hope his throat is not to sore to swallow, he must be starving for real food by now.
HAMMY, I missed your post! Hope the youngin' is feeling better quick. Sounds like your men had fun in the water, while the women chilled out...cabana boy included in rental?
BARB, Get the boxes out quick today girl! They have been around so long they are maturing and waking up....run!

Old 02-03-2010, 07:02 AM

Ah going to be one of those days - started good looking at some pics, but of course assistant just IM'd me she needs me in the office like NOWright, I'll just race out the door about 2 hours B4 normally do 'cause I catch up in the morning B4 go to the office where I can't get anything done. I'll try and catch up later unless it's constant interruptions, which it usually is. So I'm off girls! Not even 1 full cup of coffee in me - never a good thing lol

Old 02-03-2010, 09:24 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,308 times
Good morning campers...sun is out, heading to have lunch with oldest son and girlfriend today..DP is at phys therapy now and if I am still sitting here in my robe when he gets back all heck's gonna bust loose..

Joy, no bad dreams...its amazing though, lol...

NJ, hope Mia is feeling better and I never messed with ear problems either. My younger son had chronic ear infections, got to where I could just LOOK at him and tell. Thankfully he outgrew them! Oldest one only had a couple of ear infections growing up, his brother made up for him..

Tex, enjoy your couple days off, you deserve it.

Lacey, hope Mr. L. is doing well this morning and the tonsil problem is resolving itself..I know Carl had a very sore throat for a few days after his surgery, from the tube.

Ok need to get going, chat later!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate