Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2010, 02:10 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,031,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Thanx Joy-ues if he's in there Weds I'll get a cake,etc for the nurses.

Neighbor kids will be getting my garbage out tomorrow-scary driveway--it's 60 ft long and slopes plus thick layers of ice covered with snow.

Hope Tex got home and is sleeping-constantly thinking of her.
Heck girl, THEY'LL probably get him a cake they love him so much Glad your neighbor's kid is taking care of your trash for you; we do not want YOU going down that icy driveway. Sure Shel got home safe or someone would have heard otherwise. Probably zonked out but like you, will be glad to see her post.

Old 02-07-2010, 04:23 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,338,277 times
Quote:
Thanx Joy-ues if he's in there Weds I'll get a cake,etc for the nurses.

Neighbor kids will be getting my garbage out tomorrow-scary driveway--it's 60 ft long and slopes plus thick layers of ice covered with snow.

Hope Tex got home and is sleeping-constantly thinking of her.
I am glad neighbors are neighborly Lace!! I know you LOVE Mr. L with all your heart but I don't think you want a bed next to him in the hospital!Stay Safe!!!

Joyous- DO you get the Superbowl on TV there/??>

HEY. 3 gold bars now!! woohoo. I just noticed that LOL. I 'm catching up Lace!! lol..

SHEL- you must be watching superbowl...........Check in girl..
Kids off tomorrow from school! I knew it. They will be going to school until end of June.

Old 02-07-2010, 04:26 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,813,408 times
Love Carrie Underwood but think her rendition of Nat'l Anthem was off-or was it me?? I realize it's the hardest ever to sing and the nerves must be awful.

Yeah NJS but I'm climbing walls I'm so bored. He just told me I should call a cab if I want to come in. It's only 4 miles but sux out.

Old 02-07-2010, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post

Joyous- DO you get the Superbowl on TV there/??>

Yeah I do but none of my teams are playing so will probaby just check on it now & then. I'd root for New Orleans simply because of everything that poor state has gone through.

HEY. 3 gold bars now!! woohoo. I just noticed that LOL. I 'm catching up Lace!! lol..

well June lol just gave you a little push towards #4 lol & sorry kiddo, it'll take a lot more to catch up to our Queen Bee! Heck I'm not sure any of us will catch her

SHEL- you must be watching superbowl...........Check in girl..
Kids off tomorrow from school! I knew it. They will be going to school until end of June.
Glad the kids are off tomorrow, though sucks they'll have to make it up down the line. Ugh.

Shelly, you're either sleeping or watching Super Bowl but either way post that you made it home, okay?

Quote:

Yeah NJS but I'm climbing walls I'm so bored. He just told me I should call a cab if I want to come in. It's only 4 miles but sux out.
Well, a cab with good tires? Maybe you could watch the Super Bowl with him. Here I'll post some Super Bowl Sunday funnies to make you laugh instead of climbing the walls from being bored

Shredder as a baby - hmmm maybe that's how 'she' turned into a 'he' lol

Think everyone knows which one is Shredder LMAO

Now I'm going to jump between my shows and the Super Bowl, have the popcorn and cookies by me!

OMG FINALLY - the season premier of Season 5 of Criminal Minds - we're in Region 4 so you guys get shows b4 I do. OK no flipping channels, I've been waiting FOREVER for this bbl

Last edited by JustJoy; 02-07-2010 at 05:06 PM.. Reason: ADDITION

Old 02-07-2010, 05:07 PM

Commercials are the best in years and Colts are rockin-yes (so far).

Old 02-07-2010, 05:23 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,350,881 times
Have I ever told y'all that you are the best bunch of girlfriends a girl could have? Well if not, I'm telling you now!! Thanks for all the worries and thoughts re: me making it home safely!

The roads were ok, but when I got to my neighborhood-- I was driving in snow ruts. The snow is piled so high --unbelieveable! I was so tired...I had to pull into my neighbors driveway because mine is shut with so much snow. I retrieved Watson and then began to shovel walkway/steps. It took me awhile to do that. Then I took one long look at the driveway and said NO WAY--not with my neck issues and not so long ago surgery. I did not want to undo any thing the surgeon worked so hard to fix. So I started to make phone calls. Someone is supposed to come tomorrow and give me an estimate on plowing the driveway. I then went in and crashed...woke up to find my blue tooth on the floor all chewed up. Can't leave him alone and unsupervised for one hot NY minute.

LACE, wish your SIL lived close to me!! Good for him for being so resourceful. Did you have the chat with the surgeon yet!?!? Yes, both Queen Latifa and Carrie's singing were off!!

Yes, Annie talked me into staying at the hospital--I had an awful assignment. My one pt was hallucinating that we were going to take back the transplanted heart we had just given him. The other one pulled out his arterial line that we measure blood pressures with. I really needed that line because he was on 3 vasopressors (IV drips that keep your blood pressure stable--will increased the pressures) and one that I was titrating. By this time it's 2 am , I still had not charted my 12's or my 2's. My car pool buddy is next to me with ONE pt only, sitting on the computer, playing on FB!! I was so I said "Are you playing on FB?" ...she said "yes, I am" real sarcastic! I said "get the H off and come help me...I am running my azz off between these 2 pt's while you are just sitting there!" I made her help the doctor put in a new arterial line while I caught up on vitals/charting/meds for both pt's. SOME people should never have a SINGLE pt because they do not help unless prodded. She is lucky we didn't drive together because I would have had a nice little chat with her.

Jody...that is a great list to be grateful for! So sorry to hear about your nephew and what that means for you.

I agree with you re: our dogs! My dog would bark like crazy at an intruder but as soon as they bent down to pet him, he would start wagging his tail and licking their hands!!

Colds are hard to treat! Fluids and rest girl! They have these hard candies called "COLD-EZE"....you suck on them like a cough drop. I found that my cold symptoms do actually ease up with them. Check them out--tell me what you think.

Who are you rooting for in the Super Bowl? I started out rooting for the Colts, but I think I am going to change to the Saints. They've never won a SB title before. WOO HOO--the Saints are on the board with 3 points!!

ANNE: Did the kids make a snowman or snow angels!?!? I loved doing that when I was a kid.

JOY: I am off until Tues night. How are the cookies and cervasas tonight?!?! Are you watching the SB?

BARB: How is your headache? Hope it went away. I saw those awful mudslides on TV last night--Good Lord.

STOY Hey girl--glad you are enjoying CO and getting things unpacked. Hope you got the satelite in time for Super Bowl Sunday!

Amy, Painter, Sara,: HELLO!!!

Last edited by TexasGirl@Heart; 02-07-2010 at 06:05 PM..

Old 02-07-2010, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Commercials are the best in years and Colts are rockin-yes (so far).
I'll be happy for either team to win for different reasons!

COLTS--I love them and Tony Dungy was an ex Steeler so I have a soft spot for the Colts because of Tony, even though he is retired now.

SAINTS--That city has been through so much and the Saints have never won a Lombardi! They are the surprise sleeper team this year and would be nice to see them win.

Old 02-07-2010, 05:56 PM

Tex now I can rest and sleep-thank the LORD you're home and safe.Nite all-I've never been so tired.

Old 02-07-2010, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Tex now I can rest and sleep-thank the LORD you're home and safe.Nite all-I've never been so tired.
You are so sweet!

Old 02-07-2010, 06:42 PM

So happy you made it home safe and was smart enough to say F it on the driveway and not undo everything from your surgery - let someone else plow it. Don't hate me but had to laugh about your bluetooth There is a reason why, even when I thought HE was a SHE, nickname was Shredder. Chews everything!

And absolutely cannot believe about that one nurse. I'm afraid I would have knocked her on her azz - on FB while you're dealing with SAVING LIVES! That biatch should be reported I don't care if they were your patients, what happened to the 'patient comes first' not frickin' FB?

Just glad your home safe GF and have some days off, right? Yes, have cerveza, popcorn and cookies lol the dinner of champions. Not watching Super Bowl 'cause season premiers of some of my shows since I'm almost 1 season behind you all in the States. Now watching an episode of The Good Wife I hadn't seen 'cause new episode tomorrow night. With Lost ending, they've screwed up my 'catch up' days over the weekend and been doing these dang Lost marathons instead of showing repeats so shows that come on too late for me to watch I've missed.

Sleep tight tonight and give that boy a hug from auntie joy. Sorry about your bluetooth - guess he can be nicknamed Chewer then we have Shredder and Chewer

Hi to everyone else and have a great night gals! Not proofing or anything so overlook typos and sentences that make no sense lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.