Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2009, 02:43 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,872,604 times

Advertisements

Hey guys.........Sorry, but i didn't marks reply posts, so here goes:

About Craigslist........Did you send an answer to them when the first message came through? If so, that's how they got your email. Although they don't get it up front, once you reply it does show your email address. They only do it for the first time to prevent webcrawlers from getting it.

Barb, about the bread.......It appears that the bread actually rose too high and then collapsed. Can be caused by several different things, one of which is recipe too large. Older bread machines usually had a maximum of a 1.5# loaf, some only a 1#. Check your instruction book and then make sure yours can accomodate that amount. I have a great recipe for 1.5# loaf that I'll put here:

Crusty French Loaf (1.5# loaf for bread machines)

1. Put 1 cup of warm (to the touch....not too hot) water in the bucket.
2. Add 1 tablespoon of sugar
3. Add 2.5 cups of flour (I use a high gluten flour I get from the Amish)
4. Make a little "divot" in the flour and pour in a packet of Rapid Rise Yeast
5. Turn the machine on regular bread cycle with medium to slightly darker crust color
6. After the machine has had a couple minutes to mix the ingredients, lift the lid and sprinkle in 1 teaspoon of salt. Close lid and let finish cycle.

This is a pretty easy straight forward recipe and works really nicely with soups, stews and chili. The 1.5# loaf also works well with older as well as newer machines.

About the snow.........first, let my say YUCKYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!! I moved down here last September and last winter we got snow about 3 times. NOT the reason for me to hassle moving south. But now this morning the paper says that it's supposed to be even colder and snowier this winter! Just another showing of my lousy, crappy luck. DH emailed me from work which is in Altoona, PA. He said it is snowing there. They always get more than we do, but come on people..........it's Oct-frigging-ober!!

I am in contact with an agent that I met here and he is helping me with information. His suggestion is that we offer a buyer's agent incentive, but with a contract date cut-off. He claims we will be amazed how that will pick up showings (it's a shame that you have to bribe agents to do their job!!!). He crunched some numbers for us and after everything is taken off it looks as though we might clear $20K LESS than we hoped for if we use the typical buyer's incentive of 3% and a home warranty (when did it become "normal" to pay the buyer's to buy a house!?!?!?!? We bought houses in 1976 and 1979 and never even thought to do this.). Might not sound like much, but when you are only selling for $165-$170K up front, that is a lot. And that doesn't include any other demands they may make because they don't like the carpet or paint color......GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

Was supposed to sign Sophie's papers today, but she managed to throw up twice this morning. I had been giving her a little bit of baby food sweet potatoes (saw on a cat website to do this to help with fiber intake) with a few chicken pieces. Well imagine watery sweet potatoes on a beige rug! Then she ate several pieces of dry and immediately threw that up......at least on the tile this time. So we are back at square one again. I called the woman and told her that when she came to bring a cat carrier because I can't do this anymore. Well, we had a talk and she talked me into trying one last time using a raw diet because she thinks Sophie does not tolerate grains well, which there is a lot of in dry food. I wasn't sure because it is expensive unless you can make your own. I went up to the store (holistic pet food store) and talked to a woman there and she wants me to try a higher grade canned food first combined with a probiotic powder added to the food. (Food not too bad, but powder is expensive.....good thing I only use 1/4 tsp each time.) She said that the stool might be soft at first, but should clear up in 3-4 days. She said to try this first because of cost, but she really thinks it will work. She said that some cats can also be sensitive to chicken and fish, so we are trying beef first. I would have thought that chicken or a mild fish like salmon or tilapia would be better, but apparently not. She said once we get her established on the beef and get everything else cleaned out, we can try other flavors to see if they work. I don't think that I would still be willing to try if she wasn't really great on everything else and appears to be very happy here.....and I DO love her. It would break my heart to have to give her up now. She is curled up beside me right now sleeping away. It's rather chilly here today and since our house is built on a slab the floor is colder. I had draped a throw over the loveseat and finally convinced her to come up. She got this look like........wow, it IS softer and warmer up here.........and curled up and went to sleep. But then again, I did "drug" her a bit by putting fresh catnip in her fuzzy toy that has a velcroed pocket for that purpose! Leave it to me, on top of all the other stuff, to get a defective cat!! GGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

Well, need to go check for the mail........my bright spot in the day.

Old 10-15-2009, 03:04 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,347,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
OMG LMFAO - when I thought weight loss not quite what I had in mind god i'm choking here i'm laughing so hard. Could use those bad boys as an awning or something!

Like ya said, you won't be there though so 'let it snow, let it snow, let it snow'! Get Watson on that surfboard, girl!

Hey Barb, maybe not enough yeast so it would rise? Dunno - never made bread but did have someone else not rise correctly 'cause I didn't put in enough yeast - but so long as it tasted good and didn't have to call the fire department alls good. So how are ya feeling today? Hope you got some sleep last night.

Hey Shel, on our rentals we get 3 personal and 3 professional - last renters (from Texas mind you) sent presidents of 2 banks as references. Also, you can run a background check on-line (get results in like 24 hours?) and it's pretty dang cheap. Basic one through one company was under $30 then full blown one was like $65 mas or menos. That sucks about the escrow company embezzeling all your money. ers. But easy enough nowadays to check someone out and I know my DS pays a pretty penny for his 'room' so, could be a win/win.

I'll bet you are hon and sucks 'cause just the beginning. We must get you out of MN. Too much dang snow.

Well watch out for any gators in the swamps! Actually woke up to sunshine today which was a nice change. Other than fog, rain and swamps how's everything with you? No more brawls next door?

NJ you at the bus stop dealing with El Rude Ones or taking a match to those fences lol Really should report those bus people. Enough of you all hate them and they shouldn't be around kids. How are you and Mia feeling today?

Goldy, hope you having a good day girl and the sun is shining where ever you are.

Lorrie, hope you and the family doing good. Still can't get the cute pic of Willow out of my head. She's just so precious.

Amy, are you FINALLY packing? With a dog lover doing the appraisal plus all the compliments on the house know it's going to turn out well. (and yes I ate last night lol)

Oh Jody! Hope you're good girl and closing a bunch of houses!

Roth hope you're day is starting good and don't let the sick one in until she's not sick. Last thing you need to to catch whatever she has. Say hi to Miss Sophie for me.

HDL - well, we ain't gonna stop so might as well give up the ghost

Niki hope todays a better day for ya.

Anyone I forgot didn't forget, just not enough coffee in me yet. I'll check back later. Gotta get my butt in gear and have more coffee so I can somewhat see.
JOY- I will write more later about Eddie//how about Lumpy rutherford LOL>..Mary Poppins and June cleaver--what a duo!!
Sideway sallywas letting the little boy who was sick the other day get off bus .... and he fell down a stair! She rolls her eyes...I said, are u ok to the little boy..He was fine....I gave her a filthy look. Sick of them. ZThink I might be driving them in frm now on..............I cannot stand those two....
LMAO- oh, my kids ride together on bus. Sideway sally gets off yesterday--I already knew the evil fat eye was glaring at me..Says...I had to put Noah in a separate seat. I said, why?? She said, ask her *meaning my daughter!"... then she says he tapped MIa on the shoulder .. I said they are brother and sister...and walked away from her...omg.
She needs to hook up with Donut Man. I asked Mia what happ. She said, Noah wanted to sit near window. Mia said..Noah tapped me on shoulder and I told him he couldnt sit by window.
OK everyone they are 4!

DOGMOM-- CHECK EMAIL LOL SISTA. I emailed in the wee hrs. of the morning. LOVED the pics of the doggies. My kids were in Heaven. THank you sooo much girl. Check email and see.. I just sent another email too..I hope it didnt end up in space!!!!!!!!

TEX- I say go for it. You work with this girl? Get some personal references....I think its a good idea. So sorry about embezzling your money! holy crap....
more later girls...I have to feed troops!

Old 10-15-2009, 03:10 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,319 times

Couldn't resist!!! my dog loves the snow!!

Old 10-15-2009, 04:02 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,319 times
Hi all! I am loving the snow. always do in the beginning. hopefully a 2 hr delay for work tomorrow!!
Roth, hope you stay warm! Tex, enjoy your vacation! can't wait to see pics. wonder how warm it is this time of year?

Old 10-15-2009, 05:03 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,046,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Hey Lacey...don't feel bad, it's sleeting here! October 15th, WTF!
Oh God, sleet - that is soooooooo not fun. Especially if it freezes. Ugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
You two better bundle up and hibernate for the winter!! Just came in to change clothes, went to help set posts on the job site and am soaked....hot and humid now. Came to swap jeans to shorts and a dry shirt.

Well the idiots are out shooting now, no one showed at the barn for work so guess they are target practicing....great.

Okay back to mixing concrete...love the job, lol.....
Oh, that sounds wonderful - you're working your A@@ off and they're shooting off their dang guns. Hope the animals aren't too freaked out by the gunfire. Too bad they don't hit something so a bullet ricocheted of their s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
JOY- I will write more later about Eddie//how about Lumpy rutherford LOL>..Mary Poppins and June cleaver--what a duo!!

LOL yeah, with our personalities perfect fit hahahahaha

Sideway sallywas letting the little boy who was sick the other day get off bus .... and he fell down a stair! She rolls her eyes...I said, are u ok to the little boy..He was fine....I gave her a filthy look. Sick of them. ZThink I might be driving them in frm now on..............I cannot stand those two....
LMAO- oh, my kids ride together on bus. Sideway sally gets off yesterday--I already knew the evil fat eye was glaring at me..Says...I had to put Noah in a separate seat. I said, why?? She said, ask her *meaning my daughter!"... then she says he tapped MIa on the shoulder .. I said they are brother and sister...and walked away from her...omg.
She needs to hook up with Donut Man. I asked Mia what happ. She said, Noah wanted to sit near window. Mia said..Noah tapped me on shoulder and I told him he couldnt sit by window.
OK everyone they are 4!

Dear God - that woman is mental and lol that Mia said no hahaha SHE was going to sit by the window. Already learnin' who's the boss.

TEX- I say go for it. You work with this girl? Get some personal references....I think its a good idea. So sorry about embezzling your money! holy crap....
more later girls...I have to feed troops!
Yeah, that's pretty ed up. Good luck feeding the brood. How are you and Mia feeling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post

Couldn't resist!!! my dog loves the snow!!
Ahhhhhh Stoy, what a great picture. My Rott used to love the snow too. Remember when we had a huge blizzard (decades ago but people still talk about it) and in my daze went to let him out to go pee. Realized he wasn't moving so I look and there's a 6' drift outside the back door So I took my handy broom handle, knocked down part of the drift then threw his tennis ball over it - that boy plowed right through the drift to get his ball lol One way to get a snow drift down

Roth, just find the right diet for Sophie. You say you love her and would break your heart to 'give her back', but you have a choice here. Just find the diet that's right for her - like people, some can't eat shellfish (me), some can't have any dairy products, etc. Like humans have to adapt to their particular system, so do animals. In Albert's case if I would have had just one clue he needed a 'no salt' diet, I would have gladly bought the more expensive food so he'd still be alive and curled up beside me. So just find the food that works with her system and don't give her back to some unknown fate.

Guess rest of campers are still out and about though know Shel his packing (you lucky dog). I'll check back later after I eat AMY lol

Old 10-15-2009, 05:17 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,148,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Oh God, sleet - that is soooooooo not fun. Especially if it freezes. Ugh

Oh, that sounds wonderful - you're working your A@@ off and they're shooting off their dang guns. Hope the animals aren't too freaked out by the gunfire. Too bad they don't hit something so a bullet ricocheted of their s.

Yeah, that's pretty ed up. Good luck feeding the brood. How are you and Mia feeling?

Ahhhhhh Stoy, what a great picture. My Rott used to love the snow too. Remember when we had a huge blizzard (decades ago but people still talk about it) and in my daze went to let him out to go pee. Realized he wasn't moving so I look and there's a 6' drift outside the back door So I took my handy broom handle, knocked down part of the drift then threw his tennis ball over it - that boy plowed right through the drift to get his ball lol One way to get a snow drift down

Roth, just find the right diet for Sophie. You say you love her and would break your heart to 'give her back', but you have a choice here. Just find the diet that's right for her - like people, some can't eat shellfish (me), some can't have any dairy products, etc. Like humans have to adapt to their particular system, so do animals. In Albert's case if I would have had just one clue he needed a 'no salt' diet, I would have gladly bought the more expensive food so he'd still be alive and curled up beside me. So just find the food that works with her system and don't give her back to some unknown fate.

Guess rest of campers are still out and about though know Shel his packing (you lucky dog). I'll check back later after I eat AMY lol
Hi Joy,
You mentioned in the past that when things get stressful that you forget to eat, so...glad to hear you're eating!

Old 10-15-2009, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Hi Joy,
You mentioned in the past that when things get stressful that you forget to eat, so...glad to hear you're eating!
Yipper! Don't want my underwear to look like that pic C'ma posted LOL

Old 10-15-2009, 05:45 PM

So while I am NOT having this for dinner - sure wish I was lol dang need to start cookin' again. Come on down girls so I have someone to cook for

Old 10-15-2009, 06:37 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,347,457 times
http://sm-a1.yimg.com/image/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fupload.wikimedia.org%2Fwikipedia %2Fen%2Fthumb%2Fb%2Fbb%2FB_barb02.JPG%2F200px-B_barb02.JPG&t=1255653231&ttl=43200&sig=jHU22_aNXw iXGdATWftSyQ--~B (broken link) LOOK JOY, IT'S ME......JUNE LMAO.

YouTube - Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Sing Along
here ya go Joy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's us LOL!

Old 10-15-2009, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
http://sm-a1.yimg.com/image/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fupload.wikimedia.org%2Fwikipedia %2Fen%2Fthumb%2Fb%2Fbb%2FB_barb02.JPG%2F200px-B_barb02.JPG&t=1255653231&ttl=43200&sig=jHU22_aNXw iXGdATWftSyQ--~B (broken link) LOOK JOY, IT'S ME......JUNE LMAO. Call Noah Beaver and see if he answers LOL

here ya go Joy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's us LOL!
LMAO girl - yeah, that's us alright I even have that umbrella!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate