Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2009, 12:12 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,783,332 times

Advertisements

Sorry hon I don't.

Remember that sun I mentioned? It's gone already and grey and cloudy again.

Say here's something promising. Don't know if you all remember but they built these 2 townhomes up the street, 1800 sqdt, 2 BR, 1 1/2 baths, 2 car gar. and listed at $225K. Well one of the sleaziest realtors has them now and listed at $229,900. I am hopeful FSBO will work in our favor with that price. We could list at $235K for 2200 sqft, 3 BR, 3 baths, deck,3 car gar, 1/2 ac, full basement. May just work in our favor.

Yes Tam the missing pilot in SC-the kids are all devastated.

Old 10-17-2009, 12:59 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,019,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
All good points Barb!! I think it will be ok re: the nurse. My niece is going to do some checking for me! If she has a stretch of days off, she will be driving back to MI ...she has a boyfriend there! So she won't be hanging around here on her stretches off...sounds ideal to me!!
I am going to be picking up some days next week because why use my vacation time?!?!

That's great Shel and would be a perfect match with her going off regularly to see her boyfriend. Glad she has one after that A-hole she was married to. er. I see that all the time down here - trade us in for younger models - but what's reaaaaaaaaaaly sad here is the guys are so stupid they think the young chicas want them for THEM and don't realize their seeing $$ signs. Serves 'em right if you ask me. Glad you're going to not use vacation time and save it for when you can take one - cleaning house is NOT a vacation lol

The snow is headed my way tomorrow, Stoy.

Ooh, sorry to hear about the S - Yuck. I have nice cool breezes here and a bit overcast but thank God no S - I can't even type the word out without freezing.

LOL!! Aaaahhhh Gumby looks like a country bumpkin! Hey there Gumby! Gumby: I forget...are you selling, buying or just hanging out? Update us all!
LMAO - my vote is just hanging, so much time, so many threads lol

Quote:
I thought I included your post on the multi-quote---guess I didn't. I don't like baseball. I would cheer for the Pittsburgh Pirates though! Sorry that Barb's team lost.

Well I'm not either unless it's like the series - watched soooooooooooo much sports with pseudo that was one reason I didn't start even watching my fav football teams (when they're on one of my channels) until when I finally got satellite TV.

That's weird about listening to your pseudo on the radio! At least he had the decency to write and say he was sorry about A. How did he find out?
He had sent me some joke or something and I finally responded with a one word sentence - that he read like 4 times (shows up in my Outlook when people read emails I send them - well on certain accounts - some, but not all of the free ones, send receipts), then he wrote me back a long email and mentioned he was guest sports commentator on his friends radio station/show. And yeah, was weird to hear his voice and remember the guy does have a sense of humor, especially when Murray and him were talking about that "baloon boy' A-hole, and Murray asked pseudo if he'd ever seen a witness puke on the stand - pseudo said in 27 years never seen a witness puke, but had seen a couple of attorneys puke before they went into court lol. He really knows his stuff on sports - I mean A LOT, still think of him as the 'stat man' cause he knows stuff that would fill all of my brain cells. Must say he did a real good job, has a very good radio voice - was just kind-of weird listening to it but being the weird person I am will probably tune in when he's on. Try to remember some of the 'good' things about him instead of the negative things I've felt for the last few years. Negativity just isn't a good thing to dwell on, ya know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Well, ole Gumby has a nice mullet..think he is yankin' our chain girls..lol

LMAO Barb. I always loved a man with a mullet NOT

Favorite perfume..I dont wear much anymore, but my favorite is Mary Kay Elige and Journey, also Realities.. I love Obsession and Opium, but a little strong for me to wear..makes me sneeze!

I did used to wear Opium a reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal long time ago, but hadn't in years 'cause like you said it's pretty potent stuff. Still like it, just too strong for me and geeze louise the bugs would be attacking me

What do ya all think about Balloon Boy and his family. I vote for hoax or publicity stunt..well the police are interviewing the fam again tomorrow..i think we were punked to be honest with you.

Total stunt - that boy should be whooped good.

Our older son drove over this morning, about an hour drive..he and DP took th pallets back to the block place from when they delivered the block, and getting some lunch to bring back. He will probably hang here with his dad and me for a while, then will head home..he works nights so he is going to want to sleep later this afternoon I suppose.

Nice day here, warmed up again..no snow to report. Wow I feel so bad for you girls getting all this snow...its pretty to look at but I know we had so much rain and snow in WA last year, it gets old real fast!

Ok will check in later ladies..have a good day!
Good you got to see your son and yeah, don't think S is in your forecast! OMG the entire place would come to a complete standstill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Hi all-late getting here just a p-ssed off day and I'm stressed.

Weather is still grey and wet, snow has been washed away. No sun for many days now.

Mr. L got up and is having problems again and of course our damn doctors are both away til Monday. Nurses have called and advised going to ER if it becomes necessary. I have some Flagyl (antibiotic) and upped his prednisone. I told them this would recur every 3 mos (and it has) but what do I know.

I'm dealing the only way I know-massive food shopping and cooking and he's not even hungry.
Honey, I'm sorry about Mr. L. though was glad he was feeling better today, but will say prayers that he gets through this okay like last time. Maybe he just overdid things when he started feeling better like lifting things when he shouldn't have. Prayers being said sister XXOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post

Son ate lunch and left..wham bam..lol...Carl and I just chilling out right now..might have to take a nap..at least no pain right now.

will check in a little later..hugs~
Boys lol glad you're not in any pain now and you and Carl just chillin' out. That's what you need girl - more chill time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post

Painter, interesting thoughts on 'global warming'. Most people, including our Pres?? don't realize it's not about 'warming up', it's about the changes in the weather patterns being affected by that warming. intense storms, more/less precip, etc. guess someone hasnt educated him???
Oh - I totally misread the post (don't watch news - get it from you girls) but thought the Pres. was going to talk about how we were going to be in a lot of trouble (which we will) if action isn't taken. I had no idea he actually just thinks it's normal - for the love of God, we have huge chunks of ice caps dropping off, even the passage through that part of Canada is open now 'cause of ice melting, weird weather patterns all over the world? Dang are people in denial or what!

Quote:
Friends prayers needed for a miracle. The AF Capt., Nick Giglio, who was lost in that horrible crash over SC yesterday is a friend of our kids' and their friends. His older brother, who graduated HS with my son, passed away a few years ago from cancer. This poor family has been thru the mill and could use prayers. Thank you.
Prayers being said. God that's just so sad and the poor family.

Quote:

We are under another winter storm watch for tomorrow and sunday. this is crazy!

Ah dang, Stoy, winter storm watch. Said it before I'll say it again, I do not miss those. Don't miss the S, don't miss the sub-below temps - very happy when it's only very, very, very, very cool lol

If what I read is right, how crappy is it for someone to post a new thread and refer to all people who lost their homes or just gave up as trash and losers?? Unless I'm reading it wrong??
What's the name of that thread? I'll try to find it but if you get this before I do post it. That's just BS 'cause that's not why a lot of people lost their homes. That's just sick to post a thread like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post

the SUN came out today!! and it was so nice I got outside and mowed and started cutting back for winter YAY!!1
now to clean up and fix some simple soup & sanwiches
Yeah! Sunshine and got your yard mowed before winter hits

Quote:

I need to mow and cut back for Winter too....if only it would stop raining for ONE day. I have been busy building my ark!!
LMAO Shel.

Quote:

Late morning for everyone!! falling wet snow outside. one tv station says 1" tonight, another says 4-8" for elevations.
Yuck - wet snow. I always hated those weather guys/gals. I swear they never got it right - one would say we'd only get 2 inches then we'd have a blizzard and another one would say just the opposite. Got to the point when I woke up and looked outside then I knew what was in store for me. Ugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post

Hi Stoy, No snow here, but it is overcast, and looks like rain. It's making it difficult for my kids to move out, without getting everything soaked in the back of the pick up. PA is really getting hit much worse. They may be doing the snow dance in the Pocono ski resorts!
Rain is what took me the longest to move 'cause same thing, everything going in the back of my pick-up so had to time moving around rain - course not like I had a lot of stuff to move, but then I bought some things and had to do that around storms too. New soaked furniture - nope, don't think so.

Quote:
Joy, computer problems are the pits. Hope you get it all worked out. Any showings today for anyone? Has it stopped raining Painter? How's the deck building going? Did the new shampoo work for the dogs? Do you have chiggers in Florida? Just a thought about why the dogs are so itchy, but probably allergies. Have a good one everyone, will check in later.
Works like a charm now - this morning I pulled a Lacey and got out my portable vacuum and sucked the heck out of the cooling vent and keyboard - couldn't believe all of the cat hair that was coming out. Didn't want to over do it, so later I'll shut it down again and suck it out some more. But not overheating anymore and at least I know that the one problem is the hibernation thingy so if it does it again, I know just to move it then it'll be fine.

Annie, how you and Mia feeling? I'm tellin' ya you need to set donut man up with El Rude one lol on the other was perfect. Just saw you posted about bikes for Xmas - hope the twins aren't like me 'cause there was not ONE present I couldn't find lol I always found them and then acted all surprised on Xmas day lol. I was a bad child

Hope everyone having a great day! I'll check back later but figure my novel is long enough lol - going to try to find that thread Stoy was talking about. Later girls!

Old 10-17-2009, 01:34 PM

"Pulling a Lacey" Huh? Too cute.

Old 10-17-2009, 02:28 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,454,230 times
There is already a crazy camp 6.....where does the time go. You are busy busy here! I am going to do my best to read all these pages and catch up!

When in doubt read the TOS.

Old 10-17-2009, 02:36 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,014,174 times
Hey Chick, good to see ya! Lacey, how's Mr. L?
Joy, that thread was "hey the media, NAR, etc." thread.

Old 10-17-2009, 02:47 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,252,804 times
Ok got back from my pedi and mani..i should go more often than I do, its just getting out of the house that is hard for me, I am such a hombody..

Going to lay down for a while..
hugs

Old 10-17-2009, 03:44 PM

Barb that's the one thing that's my "me time".

Chick-we move fast here-LOL.

Stoy-he still has pain and not as severe as other times but think he may have to be "cut and drained." Will know more Mon. How's the snow?

Old 10-17-2009, 04:03 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,335,302 times
Quote:

Tex and Dogmom, What is Nature's Miracle?
Amy, it is a solution you pour over the where dog peed or pooed, and it takes the stain and smell out so the dog does not go back to that same spot! Pretty soon my carpet will be all covered with Natures Miracle!! If you just clean it up the regular way...the dog will keep going back to that same spot. It is expensive but worth it's weight in gold.

OK....back to cleaning out the closet and dresser.

Old 10-17-2009, 04:33 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,019,838 times
Quote:
"Pulling a Lacey" Huh? Too cute.
LOL well it worked! Dear God what I sucked out of that thing I'm defragmenting the drive now 'cause realized all of my heavy duty software is on my C drive and was also storing all of my work files there too (listing photos, etc). So, moved all files except software to my D drive which still has like 25GB of space so of course drive is totally fragmented. Once it finishes up, gonna suck that bad boy again LOL but not overheating now that I got that one hair ball off the cooling fan - just know there's a lot left in the keyboard - hair, food, he## probably Jimmy Hoffa lol

Now I'm going to defrag my Dell 'cause while it's working good, running reaaal slow (and there aren't many files on it) so probably needs 'help', maybe a good sucking too lol. So that's my day girls! Back to sucking and defraging!

Oh, Stoy - I'll check that thread. Just saw the name before I hit the camp.

Old 10-17-2009, 08:37 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,252,804 times
Joy, so kind of a sucky defragging kind of day..love it..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate