Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2009, 06:11 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times

Advertisements

Painter-I'm winging it. Plan on sauteeing pepper, onion, garlic. Then andouille, chicken. Rice, diced tomatoes, cayenne, salt/pepper, jumbo shrimp. I usually just make things up as I go.-LOL

Old 11-06-2009, 07:58 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,308 times
I've never made jambalaya....and the andoule, thats the sausage right..where do you find that where you are Judi...darn I keep thinking about that German Butcher. Hey does the GB carry Potato Sausage..Have you ever had that? When I was in high school a butcher near our house carried it and I have never seen it since...we really liked it...wow I would like to find some of that..just thought about it after all these years lol..was thinking the German Butcher would probably have something like that.

Painter,no plans here either except a housewarming party tomorrow at our son's...rather his roomates that own the house..they have been there since June... other than that, no. they are having a home and garden show out in Indio (about 20 mi east of us) this weekend, might be fun to go walk around that on Sunday.

Ok need more coffee..gee someone is mowing their grass around here already, just a little before 7 am...wow and some LOUD kids, must be next door, lol

Old 11-06-2009, 08:00 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,046,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Hey Stoy-Joy-Tex-Barb-Lace-Tambre--et al!

STOY-!Nov. 18th! I was looking at OTHER realtor's contract!! ick. Oh well. 13 more days.. Lucky 13.

Well that's a drag, but considering how time goes so fast the 13th will be here before you turn around. Good to see ya kiddo!

Sara- I am not getting H1n1 shot...nor my kids....Just too on fence about it..Now I really am after what you said!! and another friend told me not too with too many dangerous additives!! no long term studies either obviously...No thanks!! Scary!!! We never even get regular flu shots...I heard that 1976 scare made it worse on people who got the shot back then and got sick from vaccine vs. flu!!

I'm glad to hear that Annie - those things just scare me. Never have been vaccinated and been just fine. It scares me what people took so many years ago that are coming back and causing side effects for them and children. No thanks.

Joy--- how is miss Misty Rose? She is beautiful girl... Kids off all week..as you know..Keeping their brains busy lol....1 more day to go!! and back to school next week. JOY, GLAD you have water again< OMG> you poor thing.

She's great - happy mom's up and biting my feet lol fortunately have 2 pair of furry socks on so her little teeth aren't tearing up my feet like my hands - my hands look like I've been through a fight or something lol and on water, no biggie - being raised in the country and down here for coming up on 5 years Pfffff. Had my fresh step buckets but must say I was glad when it came on and I could wash dishes. I HATE WASHING DISHES but I was one happy camper - singing while I was washing!

I need a cosmopolitan about now..........lol.
Well having kidlets all week bet you're just worn out girl plus . . . . it is 5 somewhere so go for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
NJ, i wish you luck on that! Prayers for the families and soldiers who lost their lives at Fort Hood. How weird, at least to me, that it was the psychiatrist.
What happened? I don't watch the news - guess I should check CNN on-line but sounds like something horrible happened there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Hey campers...I am here, been laying a little low, still not feeling great...have a dr. appt next Wednesday morning to go over my meds, need a referral to a rheumatologist to properly dx the the fibromyalgia for social security, I am still so fatigued but you know every day I get up and TRY. I just poop out real early. now we got this trailer to unload, but no place to unload it reallly until we get the stuff already in the garage off to my sisters in a couple weeks when we trailer what we are taking and when we come back then we can organize things out there a bit. Have a feeling the patio is going to be temporary storage, lol. Hey its free.. Have a headache tonight though..but think it's seasonal..very fall like today and weather patterns changing. Like my nana used to say, I feel it in my bones!

Sorry the meds aren't working but glad you're going back to see your doc. Prayers that he finds a good combo so you feel better soon. You have just been doing so much with move, unpacking, repacking for sis. Maybe when everything done and you don't have to deal with that it'll help other. XXOO

Glad everyone's feeling ok. Carl and I are not getting the H1N1 shot, although we did get the regular flu shot last month at the dr. we were there and they gave it to us and we took it..lol. My mom and dad's doctor suggested they NOT get the H1N1 shot as they are elderly and might have natural immunities already...but they always get the seasonal shot as they are elderly. It's a tough call...I think it's gonna be a horrible flu season regardless of the immunizations, will take my chances I guess..

I think I will DM Kristine, I hope she is ok..I'm sure she is just busy but would be good to hear she is ok.
Glad you're not getting it either and I'm writing DS dad and tell him I don't want our kid getting it. Usually don't fight him on things and his sister being in nursing, think administration now after years of being a practicing nurse, always gets DS first in line for stuff. On this vaccine I'm putting my foot down. With his asthma 'they' think he should get all of them and like I said in the past I've never fought them over it, but this time . . . well, that vaccine scares the crap out of me.

Agree on Kristine - new baby, bacon bit. Lots of stuff going on. Maybe on her profile there's an email button so you can email her instead of DM which means she has to log in to get it. If she has an email button then she'd get it faster so you can let her know we're all thinking about her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Morning all-what a tragedy. How could one person do all that? The GBI had been watching him and monitoring his postings on-line.

NJS-like the kids needed this week off and now headed to T-giving break,etc.

Tex-went out last night and had pulled pork sandwich but tonight I'm making jambalaya.

Barb-feel better.
I'm sure Hammy has her hands full.
OK definitely checking news on-line once I post. Whatever happened sounds just horrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Morning out there- Are you ready for the weekend? Nothing planned here, never is, lol.

Lacey, Is that a simple jambalaya recipe? I have been looking for a "true Cajun" one. My dd loves it and so do I. Bought a box LA stuffing mix the other day and doctored it up to go with sausage but the dressin' was just to crumbly and dull anyway. Not a big fan on box stuff but since I am not feeding a crew anymore I am trying different things in smaller portions.
Hey you and nothing wrong with not having plans - keeping up that place must wear ya out so take it easy. How did DD feel after her first day back after work? Hopefully better so you don't have to do her chores along with yours.

Quote:
Painter-I'm winging it. Plan on sauteeing pepper, onion, garlic. Then andouille, chicken. Rice, diced tomatoes, cayenne, salt/pepper, jumbo shrimp. I usually just make things up as I go.-LOL
Ah, you cook like me. A little of this, little of that. I'd have a hard time writing down a receipe 'cause I just do things as I go - maybe at first take a basic receipe but then add to it. When DS dad and I together, I'd look in the fridge to see what leftovers were there that needed to be eaten and just mix stuff up and 'see what happened'. Most of the time when I winged a dish, it turned out really good. One time I fixed everything, put it on the table, DS dad takes one bite - doesn't say a word, just reaches for the ketchup - then I take a bite and spit it out! It was so horrible I wouldn't even feed to the dog, so I picked up all the plates, threw it in the garbage and told DS dad we were ordering pizza. Gotta say one of his more endearing qualities was he never, ever complained about what I cooked. He would just eat it - but that was so bad I wouldn't let him so pizza it was!

Well a big howdy to everyone I missed but want to check the news now to see what happened. I don't watch it 'cause it's usually always bad news so I just play the avoid game. But now I need to check and see what happened. Didn't proof so this post might make absolutely no sense but since they never do you guys are used to it. Later!

Old 11-06-2009, 08:11 AM

DogMom-they may as they carry a large array of homemade sausages.

I was surprised to find not only andouille but chorizo (by the kielbasa).

Old 11-06-2009, 08:14 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,046,013 times
OMG! That is horrible what happened! Read where he had received orders to ship out - all those poor families. Definitely prayers being sent for all of their families. That's just so tragic.

Old 11-06-2009, 11:33 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,371,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
NJ, i wish you luck on that! Prayers for the families and soldiers who lost their lives at Fort Hood. How weird, at least to me, that it was the psychiatrist.
Quote:
Morning all-what a tragedy. How could one person do all that? The GBI had been watching him and monitoring his postings on-line.
My friend works at Ft Hood Army hospital. They were on lockdown for over 5 hours...no-one in/no-one out. She didn't get home until after 12 am. She is a PACU nurse. So she was waiting to recover the soldiers after surgery from gunshot wounds. Some of the more severe traumas went to Scott & White. Just so sad....you are in line to be processed back into your home country or being processed out to go fight for your country and some maniac nutball decides to fire off a few handguns.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
I've never made jambalaya....and the andoule, thats the sausage right..where do you find that where you are Judi...darn I keep thinking about that German Butcher. Hey does the GB carry Potato Sausage..

Ok need more coffee..gee someone is mowing their grass around here already, just a little before 7 am...wow and some LOUD kids, must be next door, lol
What is Potato sausage? I can't wait to try the GB---that means Annie cannot sell before next Summer!!!!!!!!!

Joy...I came home to another pee pad being destroyed in his cage---a field of cotton. Roomie said he did it shortly after I left. She said she was going to clean it up but didn't know where I kept them. So tonight--he is not getting a pee pad in his cage. I will have to clean pee up on the vinyl pad, I guess. It just makes it easier on the pee pad. I am gone for a long time when I work...wanted him to have someplace to relieve himself. I so hope the neutering helps with this recent bad behavior. He knew I was mad this morning.

Stoy...yes I do reprimand him!!! That is the one thing I miss about Texas--good Mexican food.

Carol...have you heard back from any of the lookers, esp...the one you emailed who loved your house and the only concern was how far away from town it was?

Barb...When do y'all leave for Cindy's?

Annie....How are you today? How's my kiddies?

Lorrie ....

Sara.....Has the young one figured out that Grandma is da boss yet?!?!?

Niki...Hope you are doing well these days.

HDL...Hey there...wish you would come on to say hello to us all.

I have a private email for Kristine/Hammy...I sent her an email last night. If I hear back, I will let y'all know. I'm sure she is just busy with both kiddies.

Old 11-06-2009, 03:19 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,124 times
Hey all, Been out staining a big azz deck all day. Having to do it the old way since my spray unit bit the dust. Will be out there again tomorrow too...and maybe the next day, oh gosh it will take forever!
The stubborn dd is doing alright, then after getting to bed after midnight they called her in 3 hours early today. She looked tired as she dragged herself out the door. And yes her end of the chores are not being done, with her schedule she really doesnt have alot to do. I go easy on her as long as she is in the top of her class and not out running around to all hours. Have to say she has always had chores and never has complained either.
Well I will read back a couple of pages later and catch up on everyone. Now to remove stain and feed before dark!

Old 11-06-2009, 03:47 PM

Painter hope she doesn't have a relapse.

Gorgeous day again-so lucky.

Old 11-06-2009, 04:31 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,347,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
My friend works at Ft Hood Army hospital. They were on lockdown for over 5 hours...no-one in/no-one out. She didn't get home until after 12 am. She is a PACU nurse. So she was waiting to recover the soldiers after surgery from gunshot wounds. Some of the more severe traumas went to Scott & White. Just so sad....you are in line to be processed back into your home country or being processed out to go fight for your country and some maniac nutball decides to fire off a few handguns.

What is Potato sausage? I can't wait to try the GB---that means Annie cannot sell before next Summer!!!!!!!!!

Joy...I came home to another pee pad being destroyed in his cage---a field of cotton. Roomie said he did it shortly after I left. She said she was going to clean it up but didn't know where I kept them. So tonight--he is not getting a pee pad in his cage. I will have to clean pee up on the vinyl pad, I guess. It just makes it easier on the pee pad. I am gone for a long time when I work...wanted him to have someplace to relieve himself. I so hope the neutering helps with this recent bad behavior. He knew I was mad this morning.

Stoy...yes I do reprimand him!!! That is the one thing I miss about Texas--good Mexican food.

Carol...have you heard back from any of the lookers, esp...the one you emailed who loved your house and the only concern was how far away from town it was?

Barb...When do y'all leave for Cindy's?

Annie....How are you today? How's my kiddies?

Lorrie ....

Sara.....Has the young one figured out that Grandma is da boss yet?!?!?

Niki...Hope you are doing well these days.

HDL...Hey there...wish you would come on to say hello to us all.

I have a private email for Kristine/Hammy...I sent her an email last night. If I hear back, I will let y'all know. I'm sure she is just busy with both kiddies.
S
Auntie Shel!! we are good thanks!! Hanging in...your kiddos are grand.....
LMAO At GB>>>>If I sell before the summer I will make sure I get your butt here by buddy pass and we can go to GB together..Lacey come on down girl!!

What is Watsaboo getting tonite for dinner? Prime Rib ? LOL>>
What is Potato Sausage Lace?? Is it sausage stuffed with mashed potato????

JOY--MARY POPPINS COME OUT! Been quite the week...............back to school Monday...........school bells are ringing dinging donging lol...... I think I will have a white zin..................

Ok, our neighbor is scrubbing the inside of his garage floor with a bucket/brush and hose....He parks his truck outside on the street...for fear of getting his driveway or garage marred with an oil spot lol.

OMG! It's only 630p and it feels like 10pm!!!!!!!!!!! I am in my pj's lol already along with the kids. Hub home early for once! YAY!

Old 11-06-2009, 04:55 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,371,410 times
I just took a bubble bath and am in my PJ's too! WOO HOO---off tonight!! No prime rib tonight for Watson...he is eating his dog food tonight!

Painter ...I hope DD doesn't have a relapse either from working so hard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate