Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 01:21 PM

301 posts, read 1,435,613 times

Advertisements

Thank goodness some people are starting to talk sense around here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2009, 03:13 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarLite View Post
Well, our house is only 1480 sq ft. It's 3 bed and 2 bath. But when we bought it 13yrs ago we didn't have kids. Now we have 2 kids, 3 cats and 2 dogs. So we've out grown this place. Unfortunately if we sold this place we probably wouldn't make any money. So we now have to make use of the space we have(for now) and do some house cleaning and rearranging. We really would like a place that's at least 2000sq ft and 4 bedrooms. It'd be nice for our kids to have their own rooms and an office.
how is that possible after 13 years? Never mind. None of my business.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:40 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,478,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Well somebody out there can have four kids because I don't have any (by choice). I do not agree with having big families just to "have them". However, I know some folks who have a large farm and they really do NEED all the children they have (five or six or seven, I'm not sure), because the children work (hard) on the farm. I don't have a problem with that because all of the kids contribute to the well-being of the family. But lots of people have too many WORTHLESS kids, which I do have a problem with.

20yrsinBranson
Oh dear, sounds like another curmudgeony, grumpy childfree person. What the heck is a 'worthless' kid? Because they are not working from sun up to sun down? Pfft.

To the OP, having been raised in apartments, and not very large ones at that, in New York City, I knew that I wanted to level up in a big way when I purchased a home. We purchased a 5K sq ft house in the suburbs of Austin, Texas. Being that it was farther out, it fit within our budget. We originally thought that we would have a large family, but probably will not -- so as it stands there are two adults, one child, a dog, and a rabbit that live in the house. Do we need it? At the time, we thought that we did. Now, not so much. Yes, I'd probably now get a smaller home, but we've grown to love it and wouldn't give it up any time soon.

As for electricity, yes, it consumes a lot. Everything costs $. But we still love our home.

Old 11-18-2009, 01:50 PM

18,469 posts, read 31,635,068 times
......and just how big does the master "suite" have to be ?? ........

ugh, with children just how long do you think you could be possobly in there to enjoy it???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate