U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-19-2009, 10:30 AM

1 posts, read 4,561 times

Advertisements

I saw an older post from 2008 about this, but wanted to get a more updated answer. We want to make an offer on a home that is in great condition from what we see, it is only missing three appliances in the kitchen (Refrigerator, microwave, and stove). The seller is not accepting 203K loans, and we really want the home, but can not do conventional. Is there anyway, other than the seller paying for them, that we can still be able to get an FHA loan? We don't have a problem acquiring the appliances after we close. Please give me your thoughts.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2009, 10:45 AM

136 posts, read 403,562 times
If the seller is unwilling to pay for them I would just try to do Craigslist and get some free/cheap appliances just to get the loan closed.

We had this issue when we purchased our house. We bought the appliances and had them installed before closing a bit of a risk but we had access to the house so we could have gotten them out if the deal fell through.

I don't think the appraiser even looked to see if they were functioning just that they were in there.

You wouldn't need to get the microwave only the stove/refrigerator.

Old 12-19-2009, 11:04 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,489,447 times
Actually, FHA shouldn't care about the refrigerator either. It's very common for them not to be included in the sale here. All you should need is the stove.

Old 12-19-2009, 12:50 PM

6,175 posts, read 11,595,668 times
FHA appraisers are supposed to check that all appliance fixtures are functioning. Heck you might even try one of those rental places to have one in working order installed before the transaction.

Old 12-23-2009, 09:20 PM

79 posts, read 293,165 times
I just closed an FHA deal where we asked the seller to provide a $1200 appliances allowance and a check was cut directly to Best Buy at closing for the appliances. It was on the seller's side of the HUD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate