Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 11:34 AM

14,200 posts, read 14,574,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fields of Green View Post
Three months ago, someone referred agent #1 to me. I emailed her, introduced myself and my plans in a few sentences, asked her if she's available and if so I'd like to ask her some questions. She replied, referring me to her website (which most sections were still "under construction" and didn't answer any of my questions - I don't care much that she was the top producer in 2005 and '06) and said she'd "love" to answer my questions. I wrote her back with the first few. No response.

I tried her again about three weeks ago. Again, after the initial email, no response. I'm 99% sure my questions were run of the mill and I didn't come off as obnoxious and someone she wouldn't want to work with.

Someone referred me to agent #2. I introduced myself, etc. He wrote back acknowledging that he'd received my email and that he would take more time to answer "tomorrow". A week later, I followed up. He then said I'm sorry for the delay and answered my first few questions. I answered back and again he said he's running out the door and will get the information I requested the next day. That was about a week ago.

Its not like these folks could be *that* busy, because the market is quite dead here. I'm just afraid that when it comes time to make an offer on something, I won't be able to get ahold of my agent for several days.

Either you picked two lazy, unprofessional agents or your initial conversations lead them the believe you are a tire kicker or the customer from hell.

One thing the Internet has done is inform people but in many cases it has made them a scared buyer and/or the buyer from hell that knows more then you do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2014, 12:33 PM

10,907 posts, read 21,866,487 times
4 year old thread revived.

Old 05-17-2014, 01:54 PM

19 posts, read 24,427 times
We are involved in a real estate transaction that is going from incompetent to highly incompetent. The first deal got blown because the realtor wouldn't be bothered to check FHA well requirements and we had signing date before it fell through. By then we were 60 days into the listing and missed out on the first two weeks of good showings.

Now we have the second escrow going. Two weeks ago I got a snauty email about locking the appraiser out. I immediately emailed to ask for details because we did not know an appraiser was coming. She then rescheduled it for the following week. We had everything ready and have been anxiously awaiting the results so we can get this deal closed. Today I heard from her again to leave the door open for appraiser tomorrow. I called her immediately getting voice mail and asked if the appraisal had not been done.

That is another thing. Both of these deals had to have their own inspection. The second inspector broke a faucet for us. Nice of him. Now the second appraisal. Now am I wrong or aren't these people supposed to be professionals. Why do you have to have a different one when the inspection has been done the previous month?

This keeps going on and on and they seem to be deliberately trying to wear us down but they don't get paid until the deal closes so I don't know why they want to delay it.

Old 05-17-2014, 02:10 PM

5,103 posts, read 8,552,600 times
I'm sorry, eam2d. I hope things get worked out soon!

Old 05-23-2014, 10:39 AM

1,759 posts, read 2,151,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
This is what happens when "alleged" agents don't take the job seriously and/or practice PART TIME. Others are still living in the bubble of 2005 when they had more business than they could handle and so they cherry picked the deals with the most commission.
I'd agree with you but we had this a few times with agents who were FT and claimed to take seriously. Either that or they were just so rude and unhelpful, we could not work with them.

Old 05-25-2014, 12:48 PM

15,932 posts, read 12,194,660 times
There's a local wells fargo Mortgage agent that is this way.. hard too get ahold of.. that combined with the fact that going with Wells Fargo seems to take forever, has led to all the major realtors in town warning me not to use Wells Fargo for the mortgage process so I'm not.

On the other hand, constantly calling a person over and over again when it's clear they have changed their mind, such as one car salesman has done with me, leaves a dirty taste in my mouth. Call them once, maybe twice, leave messages. If they don't call back, take the hint... calling every day for 8-10 consecutive days only makes me never want to do business with the guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate