U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 09:02 AM

37 posts, read 67,085 times

Advertisements

Let me start out by apologizing...I am upset and I will try not to make this lenghty and rambly (if that is a word..lol).

Anyway...Buyer's looked at my home 3 times over a 2 week period...they were somewhat picky..asking about all the upgrades and who did what..saying that they knew what we paid for our house and the math doesn't add up with all the upgrades...(we paid $90,000 in 2004 and are asking $129,000 after kitchen remodel..bathroom updates...deck added..1/2 bath added..etc...). Anyway..the last time they looked at our home they asked about the wiring...I explained we have NOT updated the wiring, however, there was no need because we have never had any problems...they then asked if we would get an electrician to look at the outside of the house wiring to meter and wiring from meter into breaker box..as it looked "substandard". Well, I explained I am not paying an electrician to look at the wiring when we've had no problems..there is no offer on the table..that this is something that is usually taken care of during inspection..my realtor agreed and said these requests are nutty when there isn't even an offer on the table. I even went as far to call AEP to see if they would come out and check their connection from the line to the house..they refused as there is no complaints or no problems..they will not send man power just to check it out..when they have outages everywhere because of the snow...

My Realtor let the buyer agent know all of this..the BA said she thought the sellers had something to hide..that this was very suspicious..my realtor took up for me saying she was being ridiculous...Meanwhile..I have no objections to them sending out their own electrician, but I'm not putting out money on something that is part of their responsibility during inspection..WE HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS AND THE SUBSTANDARD WIRING SHE IS TALKING ABOUT IS WEATHERING ON THE OUTER SILVER COVERING OF THE PROTECTIVE COVERING!

Well, I got ahold of my neighbor who is a master electrician who agreed to look at it on Sat...I let my agent know who then fwd the message to the BA...well she returned the message that her buyers put an offer on a different house...today!!!! Ugh!!! Didn't even have the courtesy to let us know!!

That being besides the point..I talked to my agent who in all confidence has told me some background on his and the BA's background...apparently they do not get along, they use to be friends and they had a falling out on some issues...I explained that it's okay that they didn't offer on our house because I love my neighbors and I couldn't stand to leave my neighbors with these extremly hard to please people..My realtor told me (in confidence) that he honestly think it wasn't the buyer's themselves that she thought she purposly sabotaged my house!!! Ugh!!!

What do I do...?? How do I know this BA will not sabotage my home to everyone else??? Please help!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2010, 09:14 AM

10,681 posts, read 28,512,207 times
move on. they would have found every way possible to make the process miserable.

Old 02-26-2010, 09:23 AM

1,560 posts, read 6,458,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2mov View Post
Let me start out by apologizing...I am upset and I will try not to make this lenghty and rambly (if that is a word..lol).

What do I do...?? How do I know this BA will not sabotage my home to everyone else??? Please help!!
The only way the BA could completely sabotage the sale of you home is if she is the only one to show it. Though she could do some word of mouth trash-talking to any agent willing to listen. But realize she'll also be hurting her own credibility if those agents see the house.

If the BA sent any information via any form of hardcopy, (email, fax, etc) you could report it to her agency or the local board. If both agents work for the same agency, you might be able to get out of your listing by talking to the agency. But I wouldn't sweat it too much. You have someone coming to look at it already. Get something in writing if the wiring is ok, or get an estimate if something's not ok, disclose it and offer a consession. If you have another showing with the same BA and she comes up with another oddball issue prior to even an offer, I'd take it up with her Agency and again perhaps the local board of realtors.

Old 02-26-2010, 09:26 AM

42 posts, read 145,216 times
I agree, you are Much better off. Inspections would've been a nightmare - and at that point you would've had your house off the market for a couple weeks, missing out new buyers. And I wouldn't worry about the other agent. Focus on the positive and try not to get caught up in their silly drama.

Michele P., Realtor

Old 02-26-2010, 09:30 AM

Thanks guys for the replies..I do worry about the word of mouth badmouthing, but I'm just gonna have to let it go..we are very anxious to sell as we are expecting our 3rd child in June and really want this process to be over...

We are having an electrician look at everything on Sat. still and I plan on forwarding his paperwork to the BA that brought up the issues so that she will know absolutely that there no concerns for worry as to the wiring...but honestly, I am not comfortable at all with this agent being in my house anymore...
I know I shouldn't take it so personal but when she said to my agent she thought we the sellers were trying to hide something..I took great offense..I am not a dishonest person and we have taken very good care of our home..after all this is the place where I've raised my 5 yo and 2 yo!!

The advise is helpful..I believe I will just let it go and see what happens..my Realtor is just going to have to do his job and make sure she is louder than the BA....

Last edited by ready2mov; 02-26-2010 at 09:40 AM..

Old 02-26-2010, 09:36 AM

13,749 posts, read 31,584,066 times
Quote:
Thanks 2bindenver for the reply...honestly..we are in a contract with my SA until the end of May and I really don't want to start the whole process over. I want this BA to take responsibility for what she has done...she cost me the sell house of my house..

You know I had a really bad buyer agent on the other end of a transaction a couple of years ago. We got along, she was just bad. Anyway...we ended up having the seller and buyer get together because my sellers was FABULOUS and he walked the entire house and grounds with the buyer. They spent 3 hours together and we closed two weeks later.

If your agent feels that the buyer agent was doing something dubious, then they should have a conversation with their managing/principal broker.

Old 02-26-2010, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
You know I had a really bad buyer agent on the other end of a transaction a couple of years ago. We got along, she was just bad. Anyway...we ended up having the seller and buyer get together because my sellers was FABULOUS and he walked the entire house and grounds with the buyer. They spent 3 hours together and we closed two weeks later.

If your agent feels that the buyer agent was doing something dubious, then they should have a conversation with their managing/principal broker.
I think I am going to have a friend call the office during the BA's office hours and ask to see our house along with a couple others and see what happens when she shows our house...if she says anything "offish" I will complain to her broker and right now I am so mad i feel like taking her to court for deformation of character (but this just may be my drama-queen talking right now...lol)!

Old 02-26-2010, 10:12 AM

10,681 posts, read 28,512,207 times
Don't. let it go.

Old 02-26-2010, 03:11 PM

13,749 posts, read 31,584,066 times
Quote:
I think I am going to have a friend call the office during the BA's office hours and ask to see our house along with a couple others and see what happens when she shows our house...if she says anything "offish" I will complain to her broker and right now I am so mad i feel like taking her to court for deformation of character (but this just may be my drama-queen talking right now...lol)!

I wouldn't go to this extreme. This is a waste of mental energy and as someone with young kids, save it for their tantrums. This is what your agent is for. If there is an ethical problem let them handle it. You already have your hands full.

Old 02-27-2010, 03:29 PM

4,128 posts, read 13,168,303 times
It looks like you did everything right. Unless you are in a remote area with just a handful of agents, the chances that the same agent will show your house again are very slim.

The buyers may have not even been interested in your house, she could have been trying to give a hard time to your agent because of their history. You had no offer as you see.

I agree with the others to just let it go. It's not worth the time or aggravation.

Naima
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or