Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 09:36 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,752,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
There are community pools available to some neighborhoods that do not have HOA's. Yes, you have to share them with other people, but you do when you live in an HOA, too.

So Pool does not require HOA.
The pool, marina, tennis, and golf club where I live are all 'ala carte' in terms of membership- not HOA supported; you just pay if you want a membership at any of them, and you don't have to live in the development to have a membership.

We've got a special tax district instead of a HOA to handle some landscaping on the main streets through town and act as unofficial liason to FDOT, but they do not do covenant enforcement and refer building code issues to the county.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2010, 09:29 AM

8,046 posts, read 28,418,388 times
Interesting, I've never seen a "community pool" (eg. exclusive use to just that subdivision) that wasn't run by a HOA. Both beachmouse & THL mentioned use by other people. If people outside of the subdivision have access, then it is no longer a "community pool" in my opinion. Here, we call those "City Pools" or "Public Pools" and you either get a membership or pay per diem. Guess that comes down to different terminology in different areas.

And Mike, my first post was relevant, I asked similar questions, which the OP has not been back to answer. In the meantime, we are keeping the thread bumped for him. Yeah, that's what we are doing.

Old 03-06-2010, 07:05 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,752,433 times
The pools, marinas, and tennis centers out here were originally built by the developer to convince people that there was a reason to move to what was BFE at the time and then sold off to others who run those amenities as private businesses (that original developer does still own the golf course).

Community pool is still the best way to describe it since I'd guess 90% of the members other than the swim team kids live within the boundaries of the development.

Old 03-06-2010, 07:46 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,298,124 times
Lacerta, it depends on what you consider to be a "community", I guess. It appears that you consider it to be a pool exclusively for the use of homeowners in a particular subdivision, with no "riff raff" from other subdivisions allowed in.

I've always considered a "community pool" to be any pool that was for the use of the paying general public (whether restricted to the general public living in one subdivision or not and whether the paying was by fee or season card or the fee was included in the HOA fees), rather than a "private pool" that belongs to one house and can only be used by that house's inhabitants and their invited guests.

Old 04-16-2010, 07:20 AM

1 posts, read 625 times
Default Community Association Institute

Does anyone have any information, good or bad, about the Community Association Institute? Is it advantage or not to join?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate