Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 09:37 AM

311 posts, read 1,015,163 times

Advertisements

We are buying a house. The seller's agent was DEMANDING that we close on or before 3/31. We refused to sign a contract that said that, so we signed one that said On or About 3/20.

The seller's agent has been a complete b*tch fro the beginning. Very rude, nasty, making demands, etc....

So, here we are, it's 3/25. We have everything in place and ready to close. We do a final walkthrough last night, there is still a bunch of stuff in the house the seller needs to remove. Also, on title, it shows he has a $25,000 mortgage that he says was paid...so he needs to get proof of that.

So, after all of this agents demands, being rude to my agent, my lawyer...we are stuck waiting on them.

Just needed to vent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2010, 09:54 AM

34 posts, read 94,882 times
Unbelievable! I understand and you are so smart to have an atty. because when we bought our first house it was a similar nightmare. We had an incompetent realtor and the seller was a realtor whose husband built the house and she lied to us about so much stuff and our realtor never got anything in writing.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:01 AM

1,382 posts, read 3,785,825 times
Sorry to hear that.

My beef these days is that just about all of the "prospective buyers" who have come here have been totally unqualified to buy our home or they want something that this house clearly does not have and cannot be modified! (finished basement, 4 bedrooms) Why waste everyone's time if you know your mother-in-law is coming to live with you and you need a basement? (our listing clearly says crawl space!) Why would you try to add a 4th bedroom when there are so many 4 bedroom homes on the market for super cheap?

At least you had the walk through. When we bought this place, the seller left all kinds of stuff here! We literally had to fill the bed of my husband's truck and take all the junk to the dump, at our expense. Broken patio chairs, cleaning products, paint, rusted old bicycle, etc. We couldn't do a walk through because we were 500 miles away. I feel our realtor dropped the ball there too. The seller also did a lot of damage to the walls and hardwood floors when she moved her stuff out. She also took down the fireplace mantle!

Hang in there! Hopefully they will get their act together.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:44 AM

2,193 posts, read 5,034,663 times
Ugh I hear ya. We have the real estate transaction from hell. It's so frustrating because we have the 20% down + add'l funds, great credit, no debt, stable employment, yet our agent and lender can't get their acts together. Both are fighting with each other and hate each other. They are extremely unprofressional and can't put aside their differences to close the deal.

My lender called me at 8AM the other day and conferenced in our agent and put me as a silent party to hear what our agent was saying behind our backs. 1) What our lender did was unprofessional and 2) our agent was spreading lies about us and said to our lender 'i hate you and you really p!$$ me off.'

I don't know what is wrong with these people. I would never act like that at work.

Old 03-25-2010, 11:21 AM

15,487 posts, read 40,178,438 times
Unfortunately the things you guys are experiencing are on the rise in the real estate industry. I wish I could say that is isn't true, but unfortunately real estate is highly stressful these days. Trying to get transaction to close with professionals and reasonable people can be a challenge due to lending issues, much less when one party isn't performing professionally.

Stressed out agents seem to be increasing these days.

One a side note: Sheenie, the fact that the lender did that is appalling. I have seen increased rudeness on par with what brucew experienced, but your experience goes so far beyond that. That is truly dismaying.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:10 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,218,225 times
Agree with Silverfall. (as usual). I thought it was just me lately with the lenders becoming outrageous and agents going over the line.

My friendly competitor in my town claims that if he ever meets a mortgage underwriter in a bar, he's going to go to jail for assault and battery.

Old 03-25-2010, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMenscha View Post
Agree with Silverfall. (as usual). I thought it was just me lately with the lenders becoming outrageous and agents going over the line.

I wish it was just you. Way too many stressed out people out there.

Old 03-25-2010, 02:40 PM

718 posts, read 2,071,264 times
Real estate is not brain surgery. Just how "stressed" out can you be? Stress comes from being unsure of what you are doing...lacking confidence and far too many realtors fall into this category. They got a license to make money not thinking that perhaps they needed to know something and actually work at it. The level of ignorance on the part of realtors at the other ends of my transactions is appalling. There is no job that doesn't have a certain amount of stress.....being rude doesn't automatically go with this. Rude is the way of the country right now and I just don't choose to participate. If we allow those to be inconsiderate, rude, arrogant, spiteful, antagonistic and treat us with disrespect...realtor, buyer, seller, lender, because there is a "commission" involved.....what then happened to integrity?

Old 03-25-2010, 02:50 PM

6 posts, read 8,253 times
You should call or write to the entity in your state who licenses real estate agents. It's very easy to do online....just 'google' the state real estate commission. If more consumers would file a formal complaint against a REALTOR or real estate agents (they're different) maybe they would behave more professionally. I know...I am a REALTOR and some of them are totally unprofessional.

Old 03-25-2010, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buysa View Post
You should call or write to the entity in your state who licenses real estate agents. It's very easy to do online....just 'google' the state real estate commission. If more consumers would file a formal complaint against a REALTOR or real estate agents (they're different) maybe they would behave more professionally. I know...I am a REALTOR and some of them are totally unprofessional.

I'm not aware of any state where being rude is a violation of the law. Sheenie would have a case against her agent, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate